- Category: LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN
Lukewarm Christians are False Converts
By MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com ® / SO4J-TV
Lukewarm Christians - What is a Lukewarm Christian? What Do they Look, Talk, and Act Like? How Do You Know If You Are a Lukewarm Christian (Apostate)? Lukewarm professing "Christians" are UNSAVED People who: THINK, TALK, LOOK like they are Saved— which is DIFFERENT than a Backslidden Weak-in-Faith Christian like King David was at one time. Lukewarm Christians are False Converts like Judas was. After reading this, take the SO4J-TV LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN TEST.
LINKS TO OTHER SO4J.com PAGES—
- BIBLICAL ASSURANCE OF SALVATION - Talks about: Biblical Assurance of Salvation for the True Believer, as well as Apostasy— What is Apostasy? Understand the Differences between being an Apostate (Lukewarm) VS being a Believer who is Weak in Faith— i.e. an Immature Christian. It also talks about the Believer's Struggle with Sin, True & False Conversion, and helps one to Examine your Faith with God's Word, various Q & A's such as: What is the Unpardonable / Unforgivable Sin? AND also: What is the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?, Videos, Audios, Articles, and More.
- TOP 10 WAYS UNSAVED PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE SAVED
- JUDGMENT DAY-ARE YOU READY? SO4J-TV SHOW - 1 HOUR
- HOW CAN I KNOW I AM SAVED?
•WHAT IS A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN?
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN & APOSTASY
• LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS ON JUDGMENT DAY - VIDEO - MATTHEW 7:21-23
•LUKEWARM CHURCH OF LAODICEA - REV 3:14-22
•WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HOT OR COLD WATER VS LUKEWARM?
•TWO INTERPRETATIONS OF WHAT IT MEANS TO BE HOT OR COLD VS LUKEWARM
•1ST INTERPRETATION - CORRECT
•2ND INTERPRETATION - INCORRECT
•TRUE & FALSE CONVERSION
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS MINIMIZE THEIR SIN & THEY PRACTICE SIN
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS MAKE THIS LIFE MORE IMPORTANT THAN JESUS
•WHAT DOES A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN LOOK, TALK, AND ACT LIKE?
• TESTIMONY OF A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN - VIDEO
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS PREACH A WARM FUZZY GOSPEL THAT APPEALS TO THE FLESH
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS DO NOT WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS DO NOT OBEY GOD'S WORD
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS DO NOT RESIST SATAN— THEY LIVE BY THEIR FEELINGS
•MANY ARE LED ASTRAY FROM GOD'S WORD THRU HEARING PERSONAL WORDS FROM GOD
•FALSE VISITS TO HEAVEN & HELL
•GOD SPEAKS TO US THROUGH HIS WORD
•MOST PEOPLE ARE LUKEWARM & UNSAVED— FEW EVER FIND THE NARROW GATE
•LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN TEST
INTRO - There is no such thing as a "Lukewarm Christian" (so to speak), but for the sake of getting to the point of WHAT and WHO Jesus was addressing when He spoke to the Church of Laodicea in Rev 3:14-20, He was talking to a Church of people who thought they were Biblically Saved, when in reality they were obviously not. We will refer to the Term "Lukewarm Christians" in these SO4J Bible Studies on what it means to be a Lukewarm Christian.
SO4J-TV understands that Christians are not perfect— and they still Sin (1 John 2:1, 1 Cor 3:1-15), but we want to reach out to those people who call themselves Christians, and yet use the Grace of God as a License to Sin (Rom 6:1-23,15-16, 1 John 3:8-10). We need to to Examine our Faith, and make sure we are Biblically Saved (2 Cor 13:5). That is what this Bible Study aims to do, to help us to Examine our Faith with God's Word.
We will not be going in depth in this Bible Teaching about the "Church of Laodicea" (that is who Jesus is talking to in Rev 3:14-22), so if you would like to read more about that go to:
- Lukewarm Christian Laodicea Church - Part 4
When you're done reading this Bible Study check out SO4J's Test called:
- Lukewarm Christian Test - 10 Questions to help you to Examine Your Faith - Part 2
What is a Lukewarm Christian?
What is a LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN? A Lukewarm "Christian" is an UNSAVED Person who THINKS they are Saved. They are someone who is Indifferent, and Half-hearted about Jesus. They are what the Bible calls, CARNAL. The Word "Carnal" is from a Greek Word "sarkikos", which means "Fleshly".
- Rom 8:6 "To be CARNALLY MINDED is DEATH"
A Lukewarm Carnal "Christian" is not Sold Out For Jesus (SO4J) as Jesus commands us to be in Mark 12:30-31, Matt 10:37-39, Rev 3:15-20, etc. They Compromise with the World— they have One Foot in the World, and One Foot in God's Word (Rom 12:2). They call themselves a Born Again Christian (John 3:3, 2 Cor 5:17), but they deceive themselves (2 Tim 3:13). Most Lukewarmers LOOK, ACT, and TALK just like the World, and they are bearing NO Good "FRUIT" for Jesus— Gal 5:22-24, John 15:8, Matt 13:36-40,Matt 25:13-40, John 15:2-8, Matt 7:15-23 yet they call themselves Christians (Mark 7:6-9). Lukewarm people do NOT OBEY JESUS, God's Word, or God's Commandments. 1 John 2:3-6; 2 Thess 1:7-9; Rom 2:6-10; John 14:15; Luke 6:46-49; Rev 2:26; Matt 5:19; Eccl 12:13-1.
Lukewarm Christian & Apostasy
To be LUKEWARM can also be called APOSTASY as well. APOSTASY is a REJECTION or DESERTION fromFAITH in JESUS & GOD'S WORD. It's where people HEAR & RESPOND to the Gospel by making a "DECISION FOR CHRIST" or "PROFESSION OF FAITH" (like Judas did)..i.e. see also the Parable of the Sower - Matt 13:3-23. They come to the EDGE of Saving Faith— but they eventually REJECT or WALK AWAY from the Truth when Tested with the CARES & LURES of this Life, PROBLEMS & PERSECUTIONS (Matt 13:19,21,22) etc. A FALSE CONVERT named DEMAS in the New Testament is a Good Example of that. Demas started off making a "DECISION FOR CHRIST" and even became a Fellow Laborer with the: Apostle Paul, Mark, and Luke in Philemon 1:23-24. However when Tested with the "Cares of this Life" Demas did not Endure ( ) in God’s Word. Paul mentions DEMAS in a letter:
•Philemon 1:23-24 "Epaphras, my Fellow prisoner in Christ Jesus, greets you, as do Mark, Aristarchus, DEMAS, Luke, MY FELLOW LABORERS." On the outward Demas LOOKED like was Saved.
However, as Time went on, DEMAS’ FAITH IN GOD’S WORD WAS TESTED— He was Tested with the “Cares of this World” (Matt 13:22) that Satan & this World offers us.
• 2 Tim 4:10 "..DEMAS has FORSAKEN ME, having LOVED this PRESENT WORLD..."
Demas was a FALSE CONVERT (from what we can tell in Scripture)— A Person who Appeared outwardly to be a Believer but was NOT— he appeared to have only came to the EDGE of Saving Faith, but did not endure (Matt 10:22). Paul not only mentions DEMAS in 2 Timothy, but he also NAMES THE NAMES of 8 Deceivers in 2 Timothy who had walked away, and deserted the Lord, or are Doing much Harm, etc. We list the 8 here on this page: Judging Others— Should Christians Judge? Demas is one of the MANY that Jesus warned us about on JUDGMENT DAY (Matt 7:21-23) that will PERISH, and He also warns us over and over again about True & False Conversion i.e. in the Parable of the Sower: , , Demas was a mere FALSE CONVERT— a THORNY, ROCKY, HARD GROUND HEARER of the Parable of the Sower.
Jesus warns too that "MANY" people will PERISH, and FEW (Percentage wise) Truly become Born Again— Matt 7:13-14, Matt 7:21-23, Luke 13:23-30, Matt 22:14, Phil 3:18-19. A True Believer should Reflect the GLORIOUS IMAGE OF CHRIST in our Lives (2 Cor 3:18, 2 Cor 5:17, Matt 5:16), by living HOLY & CLEAN lives (1 Pet 1:14-15,16-17) for GOD'S GLORY (1 Cor 10:31)— and Obey God's Word out of a LOVE FOR JESUS (Mark 12:30-31, Matt 10:37-39, John 14:15).
Lukewarm Christians on Judgment Day - Matthew 7:21-23
Luke 6:46 Jesus asks, "WHY DO YOU CALL ME 'LORD', & DON'T DO WHAT I SAY?"
One of the most Terrifying Scriptures in the New Testament that Jesus warns us about is: Matthew 7:21-23. Jesus tells us that someday He will proclaim to MANY people who THOUGHT that they were Saved, but were not, that they are GUILTY.
• Matt 7:21-23 Jesus warns, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who DO the Will of My Father in Heaven will enter. On Judgment Day MANY will say to Me 'Lord! Lord! We Prophesied, Cast out demons, and Performed MANY Miracles in Your Name.' But I will reply, 'I Never Knew you. Depart From Me, you who Break God's Laws (Practice Lawlessness)."
We at SO4J-TV decided to Produce a 10 Minute Mini Movie that depicts Four of the MANY different types of Lukewarm Christian Scenarios that most likely will Appear before Jesus someday at the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:11-15). Check out this Video below.
This Video is about the Fate of FALSE CONVERTS (APOSTATES) who come to the EDGE of Saving Faith— but they eventually REJECT or WALK AWAY from the Truth (Video Portayal of Matt 7:21-23)
Lukewarm Christians (Apostasy) are UNSAVED People who: THINK, TALK, LOOK like they are Saved. FYI - These Are NOT Genuinely Saved Christians portrayed in this Video— as they were NEVER Saved in the First Place. In Matt 7:21-23 Jesus says, "I NEVER KNEW you, Depart From Me, You Who Practice Lawlessness."
FROM SO4J-TV: This SO4J-TV show (not seen above, but the link is) is a warning from Matthew 7:21-23 where Jesus talks about the FATE of Self-Deceived FALSE CONVERTS who merely had come to the EDGE of Saving Faith - but they eventually REJECT or WALK AWAY from the TRUTH when Tested with the CARES & LURES of this Life. The 10 minute mini-movie that is inside this 1 Hour TV Show is a video portrayal of the LUKEWARM professing so-called "CHRISTIANS" of Matthew 7:21-23 which are UNSAVED people who: THOUGHT, TALKED, LOOKED like they were Saved but were not— which is DIFFERENT than a Backslidden-Weak-in-Faith-Christian (1 Thess 5:14) like King David or Peter too was at one time. The people that Jesus talks about in Matthew 7:21-23 were NOT True Believers, as they were NEVER saved to begin with— as Jesus says about them in: Matthew 7:23 "I NEVER knew you, Depart from Me, you who Practice Lawlessness".
"We're NOT Saved by WORKS (Legalism), but our FAITH is PROVEN (i.e.shown evidence or FRUIT) that we are SAVED by our WORKS." (Matthew 3:8). True Repentance produces GOOD FRUIT (Luke 3:8, John 15:8, Gal 5:22-24) and/or Obedience Jesus— and it is GOD who grants REPENTANCE-&-FAITH (2 Tim 2:25, Acts 5:30-31). If one professes to be a Christian but there is no Obedience to God's Word (1 John 2:3-6) out of a Love for Jesus (John 14:15) & one Continues IN Sin (1 John 3:8-10) then we'll have to Face the Terrifying Consequences of Heb 10:26-31. This is called APOSTASY— which is a REJECTION or DESERTION from FAITH in JESUS & GOD'S WORD. Where people HEAR & RESPOND to the Gospel by making a “DECISION” for Christ or "PROFESSION OF FAITH" (like Judas). A False Convert named Demas in the New Testament is a Good Example of that. Demas made a "DECISION FOR CHRIST" became a Fellow Laborer with the Apostle Paul, Mark, and Luke in Philemon 1:23-24 — but when Tested with the "Cares of this Life" Demas did not Endure (Matt 10:22) in God’s Word— Read 2 Tim 4:10. Jesus warns us over & over again about True & False Conversion i.e. the PARABLE OF THE SOWER: Matt 13:3-23. Jesus warns too that "MANY" people will PERISH, and FEW (Percentage wise) Truly become Born Again— Matt 7:13-14, Matt 7:21-23, Luke 13:23-30, Matt 22:14, Phil 3:18-19. A True Believer should Reflect the GLORIOUS IMAGE OF CHRIST in our Lives (2 Cor 3:18, 2 Cor 5:17, Matt 5:16), by living HOLY & CLEAN lives (1 Pet 1:14-15,16-17) for GOD'S GLORY (1 Cor 10:31)— and Obey God's Word out of a LOVE FOR JESUS (Mark 12:30-31, Matt 10:37-39, John 14:15).
The Purpose of this SO4J-TV Show is to provoke those who call themselves “Christians" to Examine their Faith with God's Word (2 Cor 13:5), to make sure they are Biblically Saved and ready to face Jesus on Judgment Day (Rev 20:11-15, 2 Cor 5:10). “Life is SHORT, Hell is FOREVER— REPENT & Have FAITH in JESUS! SO4J-TV Team - SO4J.com - Written By Martha Mac ©
- See SO4J-TV's Top 10 List at: "Top 10 Ways That Unsaved People Think They're Saved"
Video: SO4J-TV Show: Judgment Day-Are You Ready? - 1 Hour
[ This 1 Hour TV Show can also be seen here: www.SO4J.com/JD & also goes through the: Top 10 Ways Unsaved People Think They're Saved ]
One of the Reasons people DO NOT TRULY COME TO CHRIST is they LOVE & HOLD onto their DEEDS OF DARKNESS & THIS LIFE MORE than wanting to come to the Light (Jesus)…and they don't BELIEVE GOD’S WORD— nor do they Truly FEAR GOD.
• John 3:19 “And the JUDGMENT is based on this fact: God’s LIGHT (JESUS) came into the WORLD, but people LOVED the DARKNESS MORE than the LIGHT, for their actions were EVIL.”
Lukewarm Church of Laodicea - Rev 3:14-22
- Rev 3:14-22 Jesus says, “Write this letter to the Angel of the Church in Laodicea. This is the message from the one who is the Amen—the Faithful and True Witness, the beginning of God’s new creation: I know ALL the things you DO, that you are neither HOT nor COLD. I wish that you were one or the other! But since you are like LUKEWARM WATER (BAD WATER), neither Hot nor Cold (GOOD WATER), I WILL SPIT YOU OUT OF MY MOUTH! (Perish in Hell) You say, ‘I AM RICH. I HAVE EVERYTHING I WANT. I DON'T NEED A THING!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. So I advise you to buy gold from me—gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy WHITE GARMENTS from Me so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see. I CORRECT AND DISCIPLINE EVERYONE I LOVE. SO BE DELIGENT AND TURN FROM YOUR INDIFFERENCE. “Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear My voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as Friends. Those who are VICTORIOUS (over sin) will sit with Me on My Throne, just as I was VICTORIOUS and sat with my Father on His Throne. Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what He is saying to the churches.”
FOR AN IN DEPTH STUDY GO TO: Lukewarm Christian Laodicea Church - Part 4
What Does It Mean to be Hot or Cold Water vs Lukewarm?
Like Lukewarm Water that has been sitting out for weeks gathering fungus, etc. Lukewarm Christians are Stagnant too— and Unproductive for Jesus, full of Indifference to ever being Obedient to God's Word (John 14:15). There is no Life.
Jesus says He is "Living Water"— and the opposite of Living Waters is Dead Water.
Jesus talks about LIVING WATER when He sat alone next to a Water Well. A Samaritan woman came to draw Water from this Well. Jesus asked her for a Drink of Water— she replied, and He said to her:
- John 4:7-54 Jesus says, "If you only knew the Gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask Me, and I would give you LIVING WATER....those who DRINK THE WATER I GIVE WILL NEVER BE THIRSTY AGAIN. It becomes a FRESH, BUBBLING SPRING WITHIN THEM, GIVING THEM ETERNAL LIFE.” (Read Full Story - John 4:4-54)
- Rev 22:17 Jesus says, "The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is THIRSTY Come. Let anyone who desires Drink freely from the WATER OF LIFE."
- John 7:38 Jesus says, "Anyone who believes in Me may come and Drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of LIVING WATER will flow from his Heart."
Lukewarm Water, on the other hand, appears to start out Hot or Cold (Good Water), but when left to itself it becomes Lukewarm, Stagnant, & Unusable— just like what happens to Lukewarm Christians. Lukewarm Christians also can start out "Good" (so to speak)— they Accept & Receive God's Word with Joy, but when later Tested with the Storms & Cares of this Life, their Faith & Obedience to God's Word Fizzles.
"The Faith that Fizzles before the Finish was Flawed from the First"—Adrian Rogers
- Matt 10:22 Jesus says, "Those who endure until the end, will be Saved."
Lukewarm Christians can appear to Look Alive, Busy, and Productive for Jesus in the Church, but Jesus sees something totally different (they are deceived by Satan - Rev 12:9). Jesus sees that they are DEAD, and they will Perish unless they, in His Words, "Repent & Turn to Me again".
The Church of Sardis - Rev 3:1-6 Jesus says, “Write this letter to the angel of the Church in Sardis. This is the message from the one who has the sevenfold Spirit of God and the seven stars: “I know all the things you DO, and that you have a REPUTATION FOR BEING ALIVE—BUT YOU ARE DEAD. Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost DEAD. I find that your ACTIONS do not meet the requirements of my God. Go back to what you Heard and Believed at First; hold to it Firmly. REPENT & TURN TO ME AGAIN. If you don’t Wake Up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a Thief. “Yet there are some in the Church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with Evil. They will walk with Me in white, for they are Worthy. All who are Victorious will be Clothed in White. I will never erase their Names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before My Father and His angels that they are Mine. Anyone with Ears to Hear must Listen to the Spirit and Understand what He is saying to the Churches."
In Rev 3:14-22 (Re: The Church of Laodicea), Jesus talks about how He wishes that the Church of Laodicea (which is also a warning to us in the Church too) were "Hot or Cold", but if you are like Lukewarm Water "I will Spit (vomit) you out of My Mouth".
Two Interpretations of What it means to Be Hot or Cold vs Lukewarm
There are Two Main Interpretations of this Scripture for what Hot or Cold means vs being Lukewarm. Here is a shortened version of the Scripture we are talking about:
- Rev 3:15-16 Jesus says, “I know ALL the things you DO, that you are neither HOT nor COLD. I wish that you were one or the other (HOT OR COLD)! But since you are like LUKEWARM WATER (BAD WATER), neither Hot nor Cold (GOOD WATER), I WILL SPIT YOU OUT OF MY MOUTH! (Perish in Hell)"
What Does It Mean To Be a Lukewarm Christian?
GOOD WATER (HOT & COLD = SAVED) VS BAD WATER (LUKEWARM = UNSAVED FALSE CONVERT)
This First Interpretation I believe is CORRECT :
COLD WATER is GOOD TO DRINK, so it is USABLE & GOOD— and HOT WATER is GOOD too, for Bathing and Drinking as well— so it is also seen as being USABLE & GOOD.
• COLD & HOT WATER here Represents a GOOD & FAITHFUL BELIEVER who has Christ's Righteousness
(2 Cor 5:21 NKJV), and is Productive, a "Doer" of the Word— a Faithful Servant that is Bearing "Much Fruit." (John 15:8)
• LUKEWARM WATER on the other hand is seen by Jesus as being STAGNANT, so it is UN-USABLE & UNPRODUCTIVE & BAD (Matt 25:26-29,30). This is a False Convert who is NOT Bearing any GOOD FRUIT for Jesus (Matt 7:15-23)— someone who is Unproductive, Lazy, & Indifferent about Jesus, and God's Word.
Jesus constantly warned about True & False Conversion in the Gospels— GOOD VS BAD: Good Fish vs Bad Fish, Wheat vs Weeds, Narrow Gate vs Wide Gate, Good Fruit vs Bad Fruit, Good Soil vs Bad Soil, Wise Bridesmaids vs Foolish Bridesmaids, Good Productive Servants vs Worthless Lazy Servants, Solid Rock vs Sinking Sand, Good Water vs Bad Water. Please scroll down to True & False Conversion below to see these Bible References.
So here in this Scripture Jesus is simply showing us the difference between Good & Usable Water (Cold & Hot) vs Bad Unusable Stagnant Water (Lukewarm). Because the Lukewarm Church is seen as being Bad Fruit, Bad Fish, Bad Water— Jesus is going to Spit or ("Vomit" in the Greek) the Lukewarm Church out of His "Body" (the Body of Christ). Here is the sad ending of the Parable of the Three Servants:
- Matt 25:26-30 “But the Master (Jesus) replied, ‘You WICKED & LAZY Servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate, why didn’t you deposit My money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it. Then He ordered, ‘Take the Money from this Servant, and give it to the one with the Ten bags of silver. To those who use well what they are Given, even more will be Given, and they will have an Abundance. But from those who DO NOTHING, even what Little they have will be Taken Away. Now throw this USELESS SERVANT into Outer Darkness, where there will be Weeping & Gnashing of Teeth.’
We are NOT saved by our "Good Works", but we PROVE (show evidence, "FRUIT") that we are Saved by Our WORKS.
- John 14:15 Jesus says, "If you Love Me, OBEY My Commandments."
- Luke 6:46 Jesus says, "Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not DO the things I say?"
See the Bible Study on: IS OBEDIENCE TO JESUS NECESSARY FOR SALVATION?
If you are Not Producing Good Fruit for Jesus, you will Prove to be a False Convert or Unsaved, and you will Perish.
- John 15:8 Jesus says, "My True Disciples Produce MUCH FRUIT."
- John 15:2-8 Jesus says, "He (God) cuts off every Branch that DOESN'T PRODUCE FRUIT and Burns it."
Faith comes from: Hearing God's Word (Rom 10:17), then you Believe God's Word (Heb 11:6), and simultaneously Obey God's Word (John 14:15, 21, 24, James 2:14-20).
Like Jesus, we are to Overcome Sin & Temptation through Christ & God's Word. (Luke 4:4, Matt 4:4)
8 Scripture Promises from Jesus (in Revelation) for those Believers who Overcome Sin thru Christ: Rev 2:7, Rev 2:11, Rev 2:17, Rev 2:26, Rev 3:5, Rev 3:12, Rev 3:21, Rev 21:7
What Does It Mean To Be a Lukewarm Christian?
(NOT correct - Popular Belief)
COLD (UNSAVED NEEDING WARMTH) / HOT (SAVED "ON FIRE") / LUKEWARM (UNSAVED FALSE CONVERT)
This 2nd INTERPRETATION is a Popular Belief, but I believe this is NOT correct. The Popular belief is that COLD Water represents being an UNSAVED PERSON— They say that if you are "COLD" (far away from God, Unsaved) towards Jesus than at least you have a NEED for Warmth—a need for Jesus, and this is seen as being "GOOD" in this Interpretation. HOT represents to them being a SAVED Person who is "ON FIRE for Jesus" (so to speak)—and this is also seen as being GOOD too in this Interpretation. LUKEWARM WATER here represents being Stagnant & Bad.
The Problem I have with this Interpretation above is:
First of all, for the record, Jesus tells us that MOST people will Perish (Matt 7:13-14) because people hold onto and Love their Darkness— Sin (John 3:19) & Reject the Truth for Lies (Rom 1:25, Matt 7:21-23, Matt 24:11). God has been Gracious & Good to All people in that in His Love He has provided people with: Food, Clothing, etc. He's been especially Eternally Good in that He made a way of Escape from Hell (Rom 5:8) through a Narrow Door— through JESUS CHRIST (Matt 7:13-14, John 14:6, John 10:9). Even though MOST people will Perish because we have an Unholy Sinful Nature, He is NOT WILLING thatany should Perish (i.e. to be "COLD" UNSAVED)— Read: 2 Pet 3:9, 1 Tim 2:1-4. So when Jesus says in Rev 3:15 “I WISH that you were one or the other (HOT OR COLD WATER).." Jesus is NOT saying that He is Wishing for people to be COLD (UNSAVED)— no way. He is instead saying that He WISHES that the Laodicean (Lukewarm) Church be GOOD WATER (i.e. HOT OR COLD = USABLE, GOOD WATER— to NOT be "NAKED" (see Rev 3:17-18), but to instead be Clothed in HIS Righteousness & Goodness (Isaiah 61:10, 2 Cor 5:21). In Luke 19:41-44 Jesus wept over Jerusalem, because even though He wanted them to Believe in Him, He knew that they were going to Reject Him.
In Rev 3:16 Jesus makes a clear distinction between BAD WATER VS GOOD WATER— Rev 3:16 Jesus says "So then, because you are LUKEWARM (BAD WATER), and neither COLD nor HOT (GOOD WATER), I will VOMIT you out of My mouth."
So the idea of Jesus "Wishing" people (the Church) to be "COLD or UNSAVED" to give them a NEED for Warmth is NOT Biblically correct in my understanding of the Scriptures.
Also the Lord Never Rejects or Casts away one of His Chosen (John 10:27-30). In Scripture we see Him Rejecting the False Convert (Unsaved person who THINKS they're Saved)— those who were NEVER Saved in this first place. Notice the word below that Jesus gives to the False Convert: "I NEVER KNEW YOU." Again, these are Lukewarm (UNSAVED) people who THOUGHT they were Saved.
- Matt 7:21-23 Jesus warns, "Not everyone who calls out to Me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually DO the Will of My Father in Heaven will enter. "On Judgment Day MANY will say to Me 'Lord! Lord! We Prophesied, Cast out demons, and Performed many Miracles in Your Name.' But I will reply, I NEVER KNEW YOU. Depart from Me, you who PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS (break God's Laws)."
True & False Conversion
Jesus is always talking about True & False Conversion in His Parables, and in God's Word (i.e. Good vs Bad such as the: Narrow Gate (Saved) vs Wide Gate (Unsaved), Solid Rock (Saved) vs Sinking Sand (Unsaved), Wheat (Saved) vs Weeds (Unsaved) etc.
Here are some "True & False Conversion" (Good vs Bad) Examples from God's Word:
WHEAT VS WEEDS - Matt 13:36-43
GOOD FISH VS BAD FISH - Matt 13:47-50
NARROW GATE VS WIDE GATE - Matt 7:13-14
GOOD FRUIT/GOOD TREE VS BAD FRUIT/BAD TREE - Matt 7:15-20
GOOD PRODUCTIVE SERVANTS VS WORTHLESS LAZY SERVANTS: Luke 19:11-48, Matt 25:14-30
SOLID ROCK VS SINKING SAND - Matt 7:24-27
WISE BRIDESMAIDS VS FOOLISH BRIDESMAIDS - Matt 25:1-13
GOOD SOIL VS BAD SOIL - Matt 13:18-23
TRUE CHRISTIAN VS FALSE CHRISTIAN - Matt 7:21-23
GOOD WATER (HOT & COLD = SAVED) VS BAD WATER (LUKEWARM = UNSAVED FALSE CONVERT) - Rev 3:14-22
See the SO4J-TV Bible Study called:TOP 10 WAYS UNSAVED PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE SAVED
They are on the Broad Path, Foolish, Bearing No Fruit, Bad Soil— wrong attitude that is not Humble, and not Obedient to God's Word. Once again, we are not saved by "Works", but we Prove (show Evidence / Fruit - Gal 5:22-24) we are Saved by our Works.
Lukewarm Christians Minimize their Sin & they Practice Sin
Many Lukewarmers Love, Approve Of, and "Wink At" what God Hates. THEY MINIMIZE THEIR SIN. MOST Lukewarmers do not understand the HOLINESS of God, and/or they simply choose to NOT OBEY GOD'S WORD.
- 1 Pet 1:14-17 "So you must live as God’s OBEDIENT CHILDREN. Don’t slip back into your OLD WAYS of living to satisfy your OWN DESIRES. You didn’t know any better then. But now you MUST be HOLY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, just as God who chose you is HOLY. For the Scriptures say, “YOU MUST BE HOLY BECAUSE I AM HOLY.” And remember that the Heavenly Father to whom you Pray has no favorites. He will JUDGE OR REWARD YOU ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU DO. So you must live in REVERENT FEAR OF HIM during your time as “Foreigners in the Land.”
They PRACTICE SIN, and do not understand the Seriousness and Consequences for Continual Sin.
- Heb 10:26-39 says, "If we DELIBERATELY CONTINUE SINNING after we have received KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH, there is NO LONGER ANY SACRIFICE that will cover these Sins. There is only the terrible expectation of GOD'S JUDGMENT and the RAGING FIRE that will consume His enemies..."
All of God's Word should be taken Seriously and Obeyed— not in a legalistic way, but in a way that pleases the Lord because of our Great Love for Jesus. (John 14:15,21,24, John 15:10,14, John 8:31)
- John 14:15 “If you Love Me, Obey My Commandments"
- John 14:21 "Those who Accept My Commandments and Obey them are the ones who Love Me. And because they Love Me, My Father will Love them. And I will Love them and reveal Myself to each of them.”
- John 14:24 "Anyone who doesn’t Love Me will Not Obey Me. And remember, My Words are Not My own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me."
- John 15:10 "When you Obey My Commandments, you remain in My Love, just as I Obey My Father’s Commandments and Remain in His Love."
- John 15:14 "You are My Friends if you DO what I Command"
- John 8:31 Jesus said to the people who Believed in Him, “You are Truly My Disciples if you Remain Faithful to My Teachings."
Many Lukewarmers can also APPEAR to look like they are really "GOOD" people, and in MANY cases you cannot tell a True Believer from the False Convert (Saved or Self-Deceived? Re: Matt 7:21-29).
They LOVE THIS LIFE (they love family, pleasures, etc.) MORE than they love Jesus.
Lukewarm Christians Make this Life More Important than Jesus
Lukewarm Christians consistently make their: Family, Friends, Homes, Jobs, Pleasures of this Life, etc. MORE important than Jesus.
- Matt 10:37-39 Jesus says,"If you love your FATHER OR MOTHER MORE than you LOVE ME, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE; or if you love your SON OR DAUGHTER MORE than Me, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE. If you REFUSE TO TAKE UP CROSS and FOLLOW ME, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE. If you CLING TO YOUR LIFE, you will LOSE IT; but if you GIVE UP YOUR LIFE FOR ME, YOU WILL FIND IT."
- Mark 12:30-31 Jesus says, "You MUST love the Lord your God with ALL your HEART, ALL your SOUL, ALL your MIND, and ALL your STRENGTH.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other Commandment is greater than these.”
- 2 Tim 3:4 In the End Times people "will be puffed up with PRIDE, and LOVE PLEASURE RATHER THAN GOD."
What Does a Lukewarm Christian Look, Talk, and Act Like?
In Many Cases you CANNOT tell the Difference, on the Outward, between a Lukewarm Christian and a True Repentant Believer. Only the Test of a Trial can bring out a Person's Real Motivations, and Agenda. Lukewarm Christians are those who start out fine, but when Persecutions, Trials, Tests come they eventually fail these Tests, and will be Proven in the End to be a False Convert...like Judas was.
The Outside Appearance of a Lukewarm Christian can look the Same as a True Repentant Believer— it's the Foundation of their Character, and Obedience to Jesus that is Different.
The Only way one can tell a True Believer from a False Convert is: Do They Obey God's Word? (Luke 6:46) Obedience to God's Word out of a Love for Jesus (John 14:15).
Otherwise they are Merely Thorny Ground, Rocky, and/or Hard Ground Hearer - Described by Jesus in the Parable of the Sower (Re: True & False Conversion).
- Matthew 7:24-27 Jesus says, “Anyone who LISTENS TO MY TEACHING AND FOLLOWS IT (OBEYS IT) IS WISE, like a Person who Builds a House on Solid Rock. Though the Rain comes in Torrents and the Floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on Bedrock. But anyone who HEARS MY TEACHING AND IGNORES IT IS FOOLISH, like a person who Builds a House on Sand. When the Rains and Floods come and the winds beat against that House, it will Collapse with a Mighty Crash.”
- 1 Cor 3:10-15 "Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the FOUNDATION like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this FOUNDATION must be VERY CAREFUL. For no one can lay any FOUNDATION other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. Anyone who builds on that FOUNDATION may use a variety of materials—Gold, Silver, Jewels, Wood, Hay, or Straw. But on the Judgment Day, fire will reveal what kind of work each Builder has done. The Fire will show if a Person’s Work has any value. If the Work survives, that Builder will Receive a Reward. But if the Work is burned up, the Builder will Suffer Great Loss. The Builder will be Saved, but like someone barely Escaping Through a Wall of Flames."
Lukewarm Christians can Appear Outwardly Godly & Appear Very Spiritual
Some Lukewarm "Christians" Appear Outwardly Godly and Very Spiritual.
- 2 Tim 3:5 "They have a form of Godliness but denying its power."
They might TALK & LOOK just like a Christian by VERBALLY PROFESSING JESUS AS THEIR "LORD", Performing "Signs & Wonders", Prophesying, Praying, and doing Good Deeds— but in reality they Deny, Reject, and Resist the True Gospel that could Save them from Hell. (A True Believer is to do Good Deeds...but we're talking people who are trying to Earn their Salvation thru doing Good Deeds, much like the Pharisees).
- Matt 7:21-23 Jesus warns, "Not everyone who calls out to Me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually DO the Will of My Father in Heaven will enter. "On Judgment Day MANY will say to Me 'Lord! Lord! We Prophesied, Cast out demons, and Performed many Miracles in Your Name.' But I will reply, 'I Never Knew you. Depart from Me, you who PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS (break God's Laws)."
- Luke 13:23-30; Matt 7:13-14
Lukewarm Christians Preach a Warm
Fuzzy gospel that Appeals to the Flesh
For More Go To: PROSPERITY GOSPEL IS UNBIBLICAL - VIDEO & ARTICLE
If and when a Lukewarm Christian talks about Jesus with the World, it is a HALF-HEARTED WARM & FUZZY "gospel" that "tickles people's ears" (2 Tim 4:3-5). Their Teaching merely makes people FEEL GOOD about themselves— Temporarily— for this life.
Many Preach the SELF-ESTEEM "gospel" (like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Robert Schuller, and many others). Their Heretical Preaching (a departure from the Core Beliefs and Teachings in the Word of God) is never too Convicting, because it's usually TALK that builds up a: Church, a Person, or an Organization and/or Ministry, and NOT a Message of which Jesus preached about (John 16:8-11); and what God's Word exhorts and warns us about which is: Repentance (Acts 17:30-31),Sin, God's Righteousness, Holiness, Coming Judgment,Obeying Jesus & God's Word— or a warning of Eternal Hell (which is all over God's Word).
- John 16:8-9 Jesus says,"When He (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will CONVICT THE WORLD OF IT'S SIN, and of GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS, and of the COMING JUDGMENT. The World’s Sin is that it refuses to believe in Me."
Can you imagine hearing John the Baptist, Noah, Peter, or Paul Preaching sermons like: Discover Your Self-Confidence, or Let's Feel Good About Ourselves: God's Way to the Good Life, or how about: Self-Love: the Dynamic Force of Success...? These are the actual Book Titles of "Christian" Author Robert Schuller! Jesus never preached such heresy! This is all contrary to God's Word.
Or could you imagine seeing your Neighbor's House starting on Fire, and instead of going over to warn the people in the house to get out, you ask the people who own the home, "Can we mow your lawn?" That's not love at all— in this case. Instead you would hopefully do whatever you could do to Save those in this home from certain death. God sent his only Son as a living Sacrifice, to Die a Torturous death in order to save us. Now that IS Love. One of the most LOVING things we can ever do for someone is to tell them the True Terms of the Gospel, which is what will Save them, which is: "Repentance—along with having Faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21; Acts 17:30-31) A turning from Sin (Matt 4:17, Acts 2:38) to a life of Holiness (1 Cor 5:17, 1 Pet 1:14-17; John 3:3)
Lukewarm Christians Do Not Want To Offend Anyone
Many Lukewarm Churches and people simply do not want to "OFFEND" anyone, for fear of "turning people off", yet Jesus clearly offended MANY people (John 6:60-70; Matt 10:34-39), and so did Paul; people thought Paul was Crazy (Acts 26:24). MANY people were Offended by Jesus' Teachings (John 10:19-20), and MANY of His Disciples (not the 12), turned Away from Jesus & Deserted Him (John 6:60-68), as His messages were too hard they said. Jesus was later Crucified when He Died for our Sins. Many of the early N.T. Followers of Jesus like: Peter, Paul, John the Baptist, etc. were Arrested & Persecuted by being: Beaten with Rods, Whipped, Stoned to Death, Tortured, Thrown in Prison, Sawed in Half, Beheaded (2 Cor 11:23-31, Heb 11:33-40), etc. Jesus says that if you are going to be a Follower of His you too WILL Suffer Persecution (Matt 24:8-14, John 15:20). Your Families will be: Offended with you, and there will be Division in Families (Mother against Daughter, Father against Son) when the True Gospel is Preached Matt 10:32-39, Luke 12:49-53. Jesus tells us if we're going to be a Disciple of His we too will have to "Pick up our Cross Daily & Follow Him" Luke 9:23-26.
Lukewarm Christians Do Not Obey God's Word
Lukewarm People do not Obey God's Word (1 John 2:3-6). They practice Sin in their THOUGHT LIFE (Mark 7:20-23) and in their Heart, etc. They are Deceived, and according to Jesus, because they are Lukewarm (Rev 3:15-20), they will be "spit out of His Mouth" (Perish in Hell). (2 Tim 3:1-5, Matt 7:21-23)
Many Lukewarm People live by their "Natural Sinful Nature" or by their Natural Instincts.
- Gal 5:19-21 "When you follow the desires of your SINFUL NATURE, the results are very clear: Sexual Immorality, Impurity, Lustful Pleasures, Idolatry, Sorcery, Hostility, Quarreling, Jealousy, Outbursts of Anger, Selfish Ambition, Dissension, Division, Envy, Drunkenness, Wild Parties, and other Sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that ANYONE LIVING THAT SORT OF LIFE WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD."
- Rom 8:6 "To be CARNALLY (Worldly or Fleshly) MINDED IS DEATH"
- 1 John 2:15-17 "Do NOT LOVE THIS WORLD nor the THINGS IT OFFERS YOU, for when you LOVE THE WORLD, you do NOT have the love of the Father in you. For the World offers only a craving for Physical Pleasure, a craving for everything we SEE, and PRIDE IN OUR ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSSESSIONS. These are NOT from the Father, but are from this World. And this World is fading away (James 4:13-16), along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what PLEASES GOD WILL LIVE FOREVER."
Lukewarm Christians Do Not Resist Satan— They Live by Their Feelings
- Prov 14:12 "There is a way that SEEMS right to a man, But its end is the way of DEATH."
- Rom 8:6 "To be CARNALLY (Worldly) MINDED is DEATH"
They do NOT RESIST SATAN by Humbly submitting to Jesus Christ (James 4:6-10), and then Keeping the Full Armor of God's Word on (Eph 6:10-20) by living an Obedient Life to God's Word, for God's Glory! (1 Cor 10:31). Because Lukewarm people live by their "Natural Man", they base their Salvation on their Feelings—they "FEEL" Saved or they are "SPIRITUAL". (Prov 14:12)
They Rationalize and Judge themselves to be in right standing with Jesus because they go to Church, or are involved in some sort of Religious Activities. Once again, they deceive themselves by being led by their "Natural Man, Natural Instincts, or Thoughts, and Feelings", and not being led by God's Word.(1 John 2:3-6).
Many Are Led Astray from God's Word Thru Hearing Personal Words From God
MANY these days are being led astray from God's Word and Sound Doctrine because of Hearing Personal Words From God - Personal Prophecies. Many of these "Special Revelations & Words from God" are UNBIBLICAL and go Contrary to the Word of God— that is why we are seeing soo many False Teachings in the Christian Church, and Cults rising up in the World.
Take a look at this Statement that I came up with— I believe it's a good reminder to us—
Satan deceived people in Noah & Lots Days
Matt 24:37-39), and he is doing it in our day too (1 Tim 4:1, 2 Tim 4:3-4). Jesus clearly warned us about a Great Time of Deception that will come upon the Whole Earth, and it is here! (Matt 24:23-26, Mark 13:22) Do not underestimate Satan's power to lure you away from the Lord— for he wants you to doubt God's Word as he did with Adam & Eve. He wants to keep you from 100% Trust, Obedience, and Reliance ONLY to God's Word. Satan is the Great Deceiver, and the Father of Lies (John 8:44).
Many of these "SPECIAL WORDS FROM GOD" are merely people listening to their Conscience or Feelings about: themselves, a situation, or others. We can become ourOWN PERSONAL FALSE PROPHET. We should be more focused on HEARING WORDS FROM GOD's WORD & OBEYING IT, than we are in hearing words that we THINK (not 100% positive because it is untested) are coming from God (Special Words, Visions, or Prophecies from others). These words are UNRELIABLE, where God's Word is always 1000% RELIABLE.
We don't need a NEW Word from God, we need THE WORD OF GOD!
Re: Special Revelations, Hearing Voices, Hearing Personal Words From God & False Visits To Heaven & Hell— One well known Doctor told people that he died and went to Heaven, he wrote a Book on this (see Audio right below). He told people that Jesus talked to Him in Person, and that Jesus told him (the Doctor) that he wouldn't die until He (Jesus) came back to Earth. Well many people believed this man's claims of Dying and Talking to Jesus face to face. The man came off as soo credible. One reason they believed him is because he was warning people, and telling people that Jesus is Coming, etc. So in many people's minds they are thinking "Why shouldn't we believe this man? Who would lie about that?" Well this man has since Died— which totally proves in the end that his Visions of Heaven and talking to Jesus were FALSE. Many were deceived by this nice man. You can hear about this in the Audio below.
Re: 23 Minutes in Hell Book— There is another popular Book out called "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese. Most people are believing his claims, because the Author is warning people of Hell (even using God's Word). The fact of the matter is that Satan is VERY SUBTLE. He has a way of getting people to focus on the EXPERIENCE...and to get us to also PROMOTE EXPERIENCE rather to be Promoting only God's Written Word. Satan's Job has ALWAYS been to TWIST GOD'S WORD & to get us to UNDERMINE GOD'S WORD. He will go to GREAT LENGTHS to deceive the many, and he starts in most movements subtly. In fact right now many of the websites that are promoting this book & video are also caught up in other people's false visions...angels,etc. His statements in his book do not line up fully with God's Word...even if it is warning people.
Check Out our Webpage below for more on False Visits to Heaven & Hell: FALSE VISITS TO HEAVEN & HELL - BOOK REVIEWS, ARTICLES, AUDIO - HERE!
God Speaks to Us Through His Word
- Heb 1:1-2 "Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our Ancestors through the Prophets. And now in these FINAL DAYS, He has spoken to us THROUGH HIS SON."
- Rom 10:17 "So then Faith comes by Hearing, and Hearing by the WORD OF GOD."
When Satan Tempted & Tested Jesus, he Twisted God's Word to say what it did NOT say. What did Jesus do about Satan twisting Scripture, and his special words from God that he gave Jesus? Jesus quoted God's Word back at him:
- Matt 4:4 & Luke 4:4 Jesus quotes Deut 8:3 at Satan by saying: “It is WRITTEN (In God's Word), ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the MOUTH OF GOD."
God's Word is powerful to Save us, and Change lives. Trust in God's Word only, it will protect you from being led astray, and from becoming a UKEWARM & APOSTATE (a departure or falling away from Faith in God's Word).
Most People Are Lukewarm & Unsaved—
FEWEVER Find the Narrow Gate
MOST people are Lukewarm & Unsaved— and FEW EVER enter through what Jesus calls the Narrow Gate; FEW EVER walk what Jesus calls the Difficult Path (Matt 7:13-14) that leads to life.
- Matt 7:13-14 Jesus says, “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the NARROW GATE. The HIGHWAY TO HELL IS BROAD, and its GATE IS WIDE for the MANY who choose that way. But the GATEWAY TO LIFE is very NARROW and the ROAD IS DIFFICULT, and only a FEW EVER find it."
- Also read Acts 14:21-22, Luke 13:23-30, Matt 7:21-23.
Jesus died for the sins of the World, but Jesus tells us that the "World at Large" will not receive Him (John 14:22-24; John 14:17, John 1:10-12).
- Luke 12:5 "Fear God who has the power to kill us, and throw us into Hell."
- FOR MORE - GO TO: NARROW GATE - FEW EVER FIND IT
Lukewarm Christian Test -
10 Questions To Ask Yourself To See If You Are Lukewarm - Part 2
For More Info on Lukewarm Christians Go to:
Lukewarm Christians - What is a Lukewarm Christian? What do they Look, Talk, Act Like?- Part 1
Lukewarm Christians - Lukewarm Christian Test - 10 Questions - Part 2
Lukewarm Christians - Advice for Lukewarm Christians From Jesus - Part 3
Lukewarm Christians - Laodicea Church (Rev 3:14-22) - Advice from Jesus - Part 4
Lukewarm Christians - Examine Your Faith - 11 Biblical Tests of Genuine Salvation - Part 5
Lukewarm Christians - Todd Friel Article - Maybe Elvis Was Just a Carnal Christian - Part 6
BIBLICAL ASSURANCE OF SALVATION - HERE
"WHAT IS A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN?"
Copyright © By MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com ® / SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
"WHAT IS A LUKEWARM CHRISTIAN?" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY.
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
PHOTOS & GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT © & PROPERTY OF SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS