- Category: FALSE TEACHINGS
Why Is The Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel So Unbiblical?
What Does the Bible Have to Say About the False Teachings of the Prosperity Gospel?
WHY IS THE WORD OF FAITH PROSPERITY GOSPEL SO UNBIBLICAL? What Does the Bible Say about the Prosperity Gospel? Is the Word of Faith Movement Biblical? How does the Prosperity Gospel Twist Scripture?
- Romans 16:17-18 "WATCH OUT for those who cause DIVISIONS and put OBSTACLES in your way that are CONTRARY to the TEACHING you have learned. KEEP AWAY FROM THEM. For such people are NOT SERVING our LORD CHRIST, but their OWN APPETITES. By SMOOTH TALK and FLATTERY they DECEIVE the MINDS of NAIVE PEOPLE."
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
- FALSE TEACHERS LIST & FALSE PROPHETS EXPOSED - VIDEOS, ARTICLES, AUDIOS - MAIN PAGE
- SCRIPTURE TWISTING - HOW THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL TWISTS SCRIPTURE: Q&A
- WHAT IS A FALSE TEACHER? BY JOHN MACARTHUR
- FALSE TEACHERS - SCRIPTURES
- DOES GOD HAVE A WONDERFUL PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW?
- PAULS TRIALS & SUFFERINGS
- WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL? - GOT QUESTIONS
- IS THE WORD OF FAITH MOVEMENT BIBLICAL?
- TOXIC TV: A BIBLICAL ANSWER TO THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL - JOHN MacARTHUR
- CROSS TV VIDEOS - MARK KIELAR
- MONEY SCRIPTURES ON THE BIBLE - VIDEO & SCRIPTURES
- DENY SELF - TAKE UP YOUR CROSS DAILY & FOLLOW JESUS - Luke 9:23
Why is the Prosperity Gospel So Unbiblical?
What is Wrong With the Word of Faith Movement?
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
Does God Have a Wonderful Plan for Your Life Right Now?
JOHN MACARTHUR QUOTE: “We need to adjust our presentation of the GOSPEL. We CANNOT dismiss the fact that GOD HATES SIN and PUNiSHES SINNERS with ETERNAL TORMENT. How can we begin a GOSPEL PRESENTATION by telling people on their way to HELL that "God has a WONDERFUL PLAN for their lives?” It is TRUE that God has a WONDERFUL PLAN for their lives—but it is that they would REPENT and TRUST the SAVIOR, and receive the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST.”
What is Wrong With the Prosperity Gospel & Word of Faith Movement? It's Unbiblical. Can you Imagine John the Baptist (as seen in our photo above) teaching "10 Ways To Have Success in Life" & "How To Have a Vision For Your Life"? Most Word of Faith Churches are merely focused on this Life. Teachings are merely on: How to Be Happy, Prosperous, Solve their Stress in Life Problems, How to Have a Better Life Now, etc. Can you imagine hearing John the Baptist, Noah, Peter, or Paul Preaching Sermons like: "Discover Your Self-Confidence", or "Let's Feel Good About Ourselves: God's Way to the Good Life", or how about: "Self-Love: the Dynamic Force of Success...?" These are the actual Book Titles of "Christian" Author Robert Schuller! Jesus NEVER preached such HERESY! This is all Contrary to God's Word. Much of the Word of Faith Movement Preaches a HALF-HEARTED WARM & FUZZY "gospel" that "tickles people's ears" (2 Tim 4:3-5). Their Teaching merely makes people FEEL GOOD about themselves— Temporarily— for this Life.
Would Noah ever have Preached "God has a Wonderful Plan For Your Life"?...and then sudden destruction happens? So many of the Health & Wealth Word of Faith Prosperity Preachers Preach & Teach a different gospel that "TICKLES PEOPLE's EARS" (2 Tim 4:3-5). Jesus is Coming back to JUDGE THE WORLD (2 Thess 1:7-9), and we are to instead be WARNING THE WORLD to REPENT & BELIEVE THE GOSPEL! (Mark 1:15, Acts 20:21, Acts 17:30-31), or they will Perish FOREVER! (Rom 2:5-6,7-8,9-10, Acts 17:30-31). God's Love for us made a way of Escape from God's Wrath thru Jesus Christ. We are to go into all the World and Preach THIS Good News: 1 Cor 1:18,21, Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8.
QUOTE: "FAITH is NOT Speaking into Existence what WE want, it's BELIEVING and OBEYING what HE wants." (1 John 2:3-6) Quote by: Martha Mac, SO4J-TV
Pastor John MacArthur ( www.GTY.org ) above exposes the FALSE PROSPERITY GOSPEL & says it is a: Satanic False Christianity & False View of God. He Names some of the many False Teachers like: Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Paul Crouch, Fredrick Price, Todd Coontz, Robert Tilton. This is from his Sermon: A TRUE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUE GOD.
Peter & Paul Never Taught— "God has a Wonderful Plan For Your Life Right Now"
Some the Fallacies behind the Health & Wealth Gospel or Your Best Life Now thinking, is that they do not talk about the Fact that the Apostle Paul (who God had used to write 12-13 Books in the New Testament) talks about the MANY times he was Beaten & Suffered for Christ. He Suffered Terrible Hardship, as did other New Testament Believers. As stated above, Jesus, Noah, Peter, Paul Never taught things like: "God has a Wonderful Plan For Your Life." This life is but a VAPOR (James 4:14), we are passing thru this life! Jesus was Crucified, Peter, & Paul, and others were thrown into Prison for the True Gospel, Tortured, Suffered, and Murdered for their Faith in God & His Word, etc. They did Not receive every fleshly thing they Desired, nor were they financially wealthy. God gave them what they NEEDED during their Trials & Tests of Faith, which was STRENGTH & GRACE to endure for Gods Eternal Purposes. The man named Job was a Righteous man – God even said so Himself! JOB LOST EVERYTHING, HIS WEALTH, HIS HEALTH, HIS FAMILY, EVERYTHING. King David, Jesus, Joseph suffered Greatly. There are MANY Believers who have Suffered Greatly (Heb 11:32-40) & did NOT Receive all of Gods Promises here on Earth, but will someday (Heb 11:39).
Apostle Paul's Life - Trials & Sufferings Scriptures
Here is the Apostle Paul's Life. The Lord sustained Paul thru all his Trials & Sufferings:
- 2 Corinthians 11:23-30 "Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in PRISON more often, been WHIPPED times without number, and faced DEATH again and again. FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES the Jewish leaders gave me THIRTY-NINE LASHES. THREE TIMES I was BEATEN WITH RODS. Once I was STONED. THREE TIMES I was SHIPWRECKED. Once I spent a WHOLE NIGHT AND A DAY ADRIFT AT SEA. I have traveled on many LONG JOURNEYS. I have FACED DANGER FROM RIVERS AND FROM ROBBERS. I have FACED DANGER FROM MY OWN PEOPLE, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have FACED DANGER IN THE CITIES, IN THE DESERTS, AND ON THE SEAS. And I have FACED DANGER from men who CLAIM to be BELIEVERS BUT ARE NOT. I have worked HARD AND LONG, enduring MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHTS. I have been HUNGRY and THIRSTY and have OFTEN GONE WITHOUT FOOD. I have SHIVERED IN THE COLD, without enough clothing to keep me warm. Then, besides all this, I have the DAILY BURDEN OF MY CONCERN FOR ALL THE CHURCHES. Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger? If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am."
- 2 Corinthians 6:4-10 "In everything we do, we show that we are True Ministers of God. We Patiently ENDURE TROUBLES AND HARDSHIPS AND CALAMITIES OF EVERY KIND. We have been BEATEN, been put in PRISON, faced ANGRY MOBS, WORKED TO EXHAUSTION,ENDURED SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, and GONE WITHOUT FOOD. We prove ourselves by our Purity, our Understanding, our Patience, our Kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love. We Faithfully Preach the Truth. God’s power is Working in us. We use the Weapons of Righteousness in the Right hand for Attack and the left hand for Defense. We serve God whether people HONOR US OR DESPISE US, whether they SLANDER US OR PRAISE US. We are HONEST, but they call us IMPOSTERS. We are IGNORED, even though we are WELL KNOWN. We live CLOSE TO DEATH, but we are still alive. We have been BEATEN, but we have NOT BEEN KILLED. Our HEARTS ACHE, but we always have JOY. We are POOR, but we give SPIRITUAL RICHES TO OTHERS. We OWN NOTHING, and yet we have EVERYTHING (Eternal Life..)."
Many Preach the SELF-ESTEEM & Prosperity "gospel" (like Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn, Robert Schuller, and many others). Their Heretical Preaching (departure from the Core Beliefs & Teachings in the Bible) is never too Convicting, because it's usually TALK that builds up a: Church, a Person, or an Organization and/or Ministry, and NOT a Message of which Jesus Preached about (John 16:8-11); and what God's Word Exhorts and Warns us about which is: Repentance (Acts 17:30-31), Sin, God's Righteousness, Holiness, Coming Judgment, Obeying God's Word (1 John 2:3-4,5-6, John 14:15)— or a warning of Eternal Hell (Matt 13:37-43, Rev 20:11-15), etc.
God sent the Flood in Righteous Noah's Day (2 Peter 2:5-10), and so on. Jesus is Coming back to Judge the World in Righteousness.
- John 16:8-9 JESUS says,"When He (the Holy Spirit) comes, He will CONVICT THE WORLD OF IT'S SIN, and of GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS, and of the COMING JUDGMENT. The World’s Sin is that it refuses to believe in Me." One thing a True Believer is Promised by Jesus in this Life is Many Trials, Tribulations, Persecutions for His Name sake, RIGHT NOW.
- John 16:33 "In the World you will have TRIBULATION (Trials and Sorrows); but be of Good Cheer, I have overcome the World."
- 2 Timothy 3:12 "Everyone who wants to live a Godly life in Christ Jesus will SUFFER PERSECUTION"
QUOTE: "BEWARE of those whose FAITH is based on their own: IDEAS, FEELINGS, and what THEY THINK is right-- RATHER than on what GOD'S WORD says!" TRUST in JESUS & in GOD'S unfailing WORD!" [Matthew 7:24-27]
What Does the Bible Say About the Prosperity gospel?
By Got Questions
In the prosperity gospel, also known as the “Word of Faith,” the believer is told to use God, whereas the truth of biblical Christianity is just the opposite—God uses the believer. Word of Faith or prosperity theology sees the Holy Spirit as a power to be put to use for whatever the believer wills. The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit is a Person who enables the believer to do God's will. The prosperity gospel movement closely resembles some of the destructive greed sects that infiltrated the early church. Paul and the other apostles were not accommodating to or conciliatory with the false teachers who propagated such heresy. They identified them as dangerous false teachers and urged Christians to avoid them.
Paul warned Timothy about such men in 1 Timothy 6:5, 9-11. These men of “corrupt mind” supposed godliness was a means of gain and their desire for riches was a trap that brought them “into ruin and destruction” (v. 9). The pursuit of wealth is a dangerous path for Christians and one which God warns about: “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs” (v. 10). If riches were a reasonable goal for the godly, Jesus would have pursued it. But He did not, preferring instead to have no place to lay His head (Matthew 8:20) and teaching His disciples to do the same. It should also be remembered that the only disciple concerned with wealth was Judas.
Paul said covetousness is idolatry (Ephesians 5:5) and instructed the Ephesians to avoid anyone who brought a message of immorality or covetousness (Ephesians 5:6-7). Prosperity teaching prohibits God from working on His own, meaning that God is not Lord of all because He cannot work until we release Him to do so. Faith, according to the Word of Faith doctrine, is not submissive trust in God; faith is a formula by which we manipulate the spiritual laws that prosperity teachers believe govern the universe. As the name “Word of Faith” implies, this movement teaches that faith is a matter of what we say more than whom we trust or what truths we embrace and affirm in our hearts.
A favorite term in the Word of Faith movement is “positive confession.” This refers to the teaching that words themselves have creative power. What you say, Word of Faith teachers claim, determines everything that happens to you. Your confessions, especially the favors you demand of God, must all be stated positively and without wavering. Then God is required to answer (as though man could require anything of God!). Thus, God's ability to bless us supposedly hangs on our faith. James 4:13-16 clearly contradicts this teaching: “Now listen, you who say, ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.’ Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” Far from speaking things into existence in the future, we do not even know what tomorrow will bring or even whether we will be alive.
Instead of stressing the importance of wealth, the Bible warns against pursuing it. Believers, especially leaders in the church (1 Timothy 3:3), are to be free from the love of money (Hebrews 13:5). The love of money leads to all kinds of evil (1 Timothy 6:10). Jesus warned, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions” (Luke 12:15). In sharp contrast to the Word of Faith emphasis on gaining money and possessions in this life, Jesus said, “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal” (Matthew 6:19). The irreconcilable contradictions between prosperity teaching and the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is best summed up in the words of Jesus in Matthew 6:24, “You cannot serve both God and money.”
Is the Word of Faith Movement Biblical?
By Got Questions
Word of Faith teaching is decidedly unbiblical. It is not a denomination and does not have a formal organization or hierarchy. Instead, it is a movement that is heavily influenced by a number of high-profile pastors and teachers such as Kenneth Hagin, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Paul and Jan Crouch, and Fred Price.
The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.
At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.
From here, its theology just strays further and further from Scripture: it claims that God created human beings in His literal, physical image as little gods. Before the fall, humans had the potential to call things into existence by using the faith-force. After the fall, humans took on Satan's nature and lost the ability to call things into existence. In order to correct this situation, Jesus Christ gave up His divinity and became a man, died spiritually, took Satan's nature upon Himself, went to hell, was born again, and rose from the dead with God's nature. After this, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to replicate the Incarnation in believers so they could become little gods as God had originally intended.
Following the natural progression of these teachings, as little gods we again have the ability to manipulate the faith-force and become prosperous in all areas of life. Illness, sin, and failure are the result of a lack of faith, and are remedied by confession—claiming God's promises for oneself into existence. Simply put, the Word of Faith movement exalts man to god-status and reduces God to man-status. Needless to say, this is a false representation of what Christianity is all about. Obviously, Word of Faith teaching does not take into account what is found in Scripture. Personal revelation, not Scripture, is highly relied upon in order to come up with such absurd beliefs, which is just one more proof of its heretical nature.
Countering Word of Faith teaching is a simple matter of reading the Bible. God alone is the Sovereign Creator of the Universe (Genesis 1:3; 1 Timothy 6:15) and does not need faith—He is the object of faith (Mark 11:22; Hebrews 11:3). God is spirit and does not have a physical body (John 4:24). Man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26, 27; 9:6), but this does not make him a little god or divine. Only God has a divine nature (Galatians 4:8; Isaiah 1:6-11, 43:10, 44:6; Ezekiel 28:2; Psalm 8:6-8). Christ is Eternal, the Only Begotten Son, and the only incarnation of God (John 1:1, 2, 14, 15, 18; 3:16; 1 John 4:1). In Him dwelt the fullness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:9). By becoming a man, Jesus gave up the glory of heaven but not His divinity (Philippians 2:6-7), though He did choose to withhold His power while walking the earth as man.
The Word of Faith movement is deceiving countless people, causing them to grasp after a way of life and faith that is not biblical. At its core is the same lie Satan has been telling since the Garden: “You shall be as God” (Genesis 3:5). Sadly, those who buy into the Word of Faith movement are still listening to him. Our hope is in the Lord, not in our own words, not even in our own faith (Psalm 33:20-22). Our faith comes from God in the first place (Ephesians 2:8; Hebrews 12:2) and is not something we create for ourselves. So, be wary of the Word of Faith movement and any church that aligns itself with Word of Faith teachings.
Toxic Television: A Biblical Answer to the Prosperity Gospel
John MacArthur Video & Audio
False Prosperity Gospel - The Believer's Speak Out! - Videos
- 1 Timothy 6:20-21 (NASB) "O Timothy, GUARD what has been ENTRUSTED to YOU, AVOID WORLDLY and EMPTY CHATTER and the OPPOSING ARGUMENTS of what is FALSELY called "KNOWLEDGE", which some have PROFESSED and thus GONE ASTRAY from the FAITH. GRACE be with you."
- Video: Joel Osteen & Self Esteem According To Paul Washer
- Video: Kirk Cameron & John MacArthur On The Prosperity Gospel
- Video: The Danger of the Modern Gospel - Tony Miano
- Video: How the Prosperity Gospel Ruined My Life - Testimony from a Former "Word of Faith" Follower
- Video: Prosperity Gospel Bursts Pastor David Wilkerson
Jim Bakker Speaks Out Against the Prosperity Gospel
NOTE: Whether Jim Bakker has truly Repented for Real or Not remains to be seen. This Video however gives one a look into the Life of a Former Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel Preacher, Jim Bakker on how he used to Trist Scripture,etc. (The Synching is a bit off in this video)
Money Scriptures in the Bible - Video & Scriptures
- MONEY IN THE BIBLE - (WARNINGS) SCRIPTURES & VIDEO - BELOW
- FALSE TEACHERS SCRIPTURES & FALSE PROPHET SCRIPTURES
We Are To Be Content Whether We Have Plenty or Not - Heb 13:5
- Heb 13:5 "DON'T Love MONEY; be CONTENT (satisfied) with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
- James 5:1-2 "Look here, you RICH PEOPLE: Weep and Groan with Anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you. YOUR WEALTH IS ROTTING AWAY, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags."
- 1 Timothy 6:3-10 “If anyone Advocates a DIFFERENT DOCTRINE and does NOT agree with SOUND WORDS, those of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, and with the DOCTRINE CONFORMING TO GODLINESS, he is Conceited & Understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial Questions and Disputes about words, out of which arise Envy, Strife, Abusive Language, Evil Suspicions, and Constant Friction between men of Depraved Mind and Deprived of the Truth, who suppose that GODLINESS IS A MEANS OF GAIN (to become WEALTHY). From such withdraw yourself.Yet true GODLINESS with CONTENTMENT is itself Great WEALTH. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can’t take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough Food and Clothing, let us be CONTENT. But people who LONG TO BE RICH FALL INTO TEMPTATION and are Trapped by many Foolish and Harmful desires that Plunge them into Ruin and Destruction. For the LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL KINDS OF EVIL. And some people, CRAVING MONEY, have wandered from the TRUE FAITH & Pierced themselves with many Sorrows."
- Phil 4:11-13 "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be CONTENT with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost NOTHING or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."
- 2 Cor 12:10 (NASB) "Therefore I am well CONTENT with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."
We Are NOT to Store Up Treasures on This Earth - Matt 6:19-21
- Matt 6:19-21 “DON'T STORE UP TREASURES HERE ON EARTH, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. STORE YOUR TREASURES IN HEAVEN, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be."
- Luke 12:22-32 Jesus said to His Disciples, “That is why I tell you NOT WORRY ABOUT EVERYDAY LIFE—whether you have enough FOOD TO EAT OR ENOUGH CLOTHES TO WEAR. For life is more than Food, and your body more than Clothing. Look at the Ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for GOD FEEDS THEM. And you are far more Valuable to Him than any birds! Can all your Worries add a single moment to your Life? And if Worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things? “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so LITTLE FAITH? And DON'T BE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT TO EAT AND WHAT TO DRINK. DON'T WORRY ABOUT SUCH THINGS. THESE THINGS DOMINATE THE THOUGHTS OF UNBELIEVERS ALL OVER THE WORLD, but your Father already knows your needs. SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD ABOVE ALL ELSE, and He will give you everything you NEED. “So don’t be Afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father Great happiness to give you the Kingdom."
- Matt 6:24-34 Jesus says, “NO ONE CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. YOU CANNOT SERVE BOTH GOD AND MONEY. “That is why I tell you NOT to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough Food and Drink, or enough Clothes to Wear. Isn’t life more than Food, and your body more than Clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your Worries add a single moment to your life? “And why Worry about your Clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little Faith? “So DON'T WORRY ABOUT THESE THINGS, saying, ‘What will we EAT? What will we DRINK? What will we WEAR?’ These THINGS DOMINATE THE THOUGHTS OF UNBELIEVERS, but your heavenly Father already KNOWS ALL YOUR NEEDS. SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND ALL THESE THINGS SHALL BE ADDED TO YOU. So don’t WORRY about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
- Luke 16:13-15 Jesus says,“No one can serve Two masters. For you will Hate one and Love the other; you will be Devoted to one and despise the other. You CANNOT serve both GOD and MONEY. The Pharisees, who DEARLY LOVED THEIR MONEY, heard all this and scoffed at Him. Then He said to them, “You like to Appear Righteous in public, but God knows your Hearts. What this World Honors is detestable in the sight of God.”
- Acts 4:32-37 "And the Multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he Possessed was his own; but they had ALL THINGS COMMON. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and Great Grace was upon them all. NEITHER WAS THERE ANY among them THAT LACKED: for as many as were POSSESSORS OF LANDS OR HOUSES SOLD THEM, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, Having land, SOLD IT, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet."
We Are Not To Be Greedy or Love Money - Luke 12:15
- Luke 12:15 Jesus said, “Beware! Guard against EVERY kind of GREED. Life is not measured by how much you OWN."
- 1 Tim 3:1-5 "He must be Gentle, not Quarrelsome, and NOT Love MONEY."
- Eph 5:5 "You can be sure that no immoral, impure, or GREEDY PERSON will Inherit the Kingdom of Christ and of God. For a GREEDY PERSON is an Idolater, Worshiping the things of this World."
- 1 Cor 6:9-10 "Don’t you realize that those who do Wrong will NOT Inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t FOOL yourselves. Those who indulge in Sexual Sin, or who Worship Idols, or Commit Adultery, or are Male Prostitutes, or Practice Homosexuality, or are Thieves, or GREEDY PEOPLE, or Drunkards, or are Abusive, or Cheat People—NONE OF THESE will Inherit the Kingdom of God."
- 1 Tim 6:10 "For the LOVE OF MONEY is the ROOT of all kinds of EVIL. And some people, CRAVING MONEY, have wandered from the TRUE FAITH and pierced themselves with Many Sorrows."
To Be Carnally or Worldly Minded is Death - Rom 8:6
Remember, Rom 8:6 (KJV)says "For to be Carnally (Worldly) Minded is Death"
- Rom 8:5-8 "Those who are DOMINATED by the SINFUL NATURE think about SINFUL THINGS, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit. So letting your SINFUL NATURE CONTROL YOUR MIND LEADS TO DEATH. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God."
- 1 Pet 2:11 "Dear friends, I warn you as “temporary residents and foreigners” to keep away from WORLDLY (Fleshly) DESIRES that WAGE WAR against your very souls."
We Are Instead To Deny Self, Take Up Our Cross Daily & Follow Jesus - Luke 9:23
- Luke 9:23-26 Jesus says, "If anyone wishes to Come after Me (be Saved), he must DENY SELF (yourself), and take up his CROSS DAILY and FOLLOW ME. For whoever wishes to SAVE HIS LIFE will LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE for My sake, he is the one who will SAVE IT. For what is a man Profited if he GAINS THE WHOLE WORLD (EARTHLY RICHES), and LOSES OR FORFEITS HIMSELF (his soul)? For whoever is Ashamed of Me and My Words, the Son of Man will be Ashamed of him when He comes in His Glory, and the Glory of the Father and of the Holy Angels."
- Matt 10:38 Jesus says, "If you REFUSE to TAKE UP YOUR CROSS, and FOLLOW ME, you are NOT Worthy of being Mine."
- Matt 16:24 Jesus said to His disciples, “If any of you wants to be My Follower, you must TURN FROM YOUR SELFISH WAYS, TAKE UP YOUR CROSS, and FOLLOW ME."
- Mark 8:34 Jesus says,“If any of you wants to be My Follower, you must TURN FROM YOUR SELFISH WAYS, TAKE UP YOUR CROSS, and FOLLOW ME."
- Luke 14:33 Jesus says, "So you cannot become My Disciple without giving up EVERYTHING you own."
- 2 Cor 5:15 "He (Jesus) died for everyone so that those who receive His New Life WILL NO LONGER LIVE FOR THEMSELVES. Instead, they will LIVE FOR CHRIST, who died and was raised for them."
- Gal 2:20 " My Old Self has been CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
We Share in Christ's Sufferings When We Decide To Stop Sinning - 1 Peter 4:1
Right now we might not Suffer for Christ like they did in Paul's day, but we are to share in the "Sufferings of Christ," and we do so when we decide to STOP SINNING, and "Put the Flesh Under."
- 1 Peter 4:1 "So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to Suffer, too. For if you are WILLING TO SUFFER FOR CHRIST, you have DECIDED TO STOP SINNING."
We are to Obey God's Word out of a Love for Jesus.
- John 14:15 "If you love Me, Obey My Commandments."
- John 14:21 "Those who Accept My Commandments and Obey them are the ones who Love Me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
- John 14:23-24 Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me."
Read More: Is Obedience To Jesus Necessary For Salvation?
Gospel of Jesus Christ - What Does the True Gospel Look & Sound Like?
MORE: GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST
Compare the False Teachings of these Prosperity Preachers with God's Word
Some of us here at SO4J-TV & Video were once involved in the False Teachings of the Word of Faith Movement so we understand first hand about what it's like to have a lack of Discernment. We must Search the Scriptures Daily, and compare the Teachings of these Word of Faith Prosperity Preachers with the Word of God.
- Acts 20:29-30 "I know that False Teachers, like Vicious Wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not Sparing the Flock. Even some men from your own group will rise up and Distort the Truth in order to draw a following."
The False Teachers in the Prosperity Gospel Twist the Scriptures. Jesus warned us that there will be MANY False Teachers & False Prophets right before He Returns. Do not not be deceived, or underestimate Satan's ability to Deceive you and keep you from the Narrow Gate & Path.
- Matt 24:11 Jesus says, "MANY FALSE PROPHETS will Appear and will Deceive MANY people."
- Acts 17:11 "The people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the Truth."
Do You Have Biblical Discernment?
QUOTE: "DISCERNMENT is NOT knowing the difference between RIGHT and WRONG. It is knowing the difference between RIGHT and ALMOST RIGHT."— Charles Spurgeon, Reformed Baptist Preacher, Britain (1834 - 1892)
Do you have BIBLICAL DISCERNMENT & COMPARE what you're being TAUGHT with GOD's WORD? There's just enough TRUTH in what False Teachers say to come across as being Credible & Biblical. That's why Jesus warns—
- Matt 7:15-20 (NKJV) "BEWARE of the FALSE PROPHETS, who COME TO YOU in SHEEP'S CLOTHING but INWARDLY are RAVENOUS WOLVES. You will KNOW them by their FRUITS."
- Matt 24:11 (NKJV) "MANY FALSE PROPHETS will rise up and DECEIVE MANY."
QUOTE "If you want to HEAR from GOD, READ your BIBLE; if you want to AUDIBLY HEAR from GOD, READ your BIBLE OUT LOUD."— Justin Peters, A Call For Discernment DVD & Seminar
Please check out the many Resources on SO4J-TV's Website on the Prosperity Gospel & Word of Faith being Unbiblical: FALSE TEACHERS & PROPHETS - VIDEOS, ARTICLES, AUDIOS
Doctrine: Good Doctrine vs Bad Doctrine - CrossTV.com
"PROSPERITY GOSPEL IS UNBIBLICAL"
Copyright By MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
"PROSPERITY GOSPEL IS UNBIBLICAL" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY.
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
Articles written by: GotQuestions.org are Copyright and used by Permission
PHOTOS & GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS