- Category: FALSE TEACHERS
What is a False Teacher? How To Identify False Teachers & False Prophets
WHAT IS A FALSE TEACHER?- By Pastor & Author John MacArthur helps us to Identify a False Teachers & False Prophets. He recommends 5 Key Points to look for in a False Teacher: Pride, Selfishness, Deception, Irreverence, and Destruction.
GO HERE FOR THE MAIN PAGE ON: FALSE TEACHERS LIST
- WHY IS THE WORD OF FAITH PROSPERITY GOSPEL SO UNBIBLICAL?
- SCRIPTURE TWISTING - HOW THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL TWISTS SCRIPTURE Q & A
- FALSE TEACHERS - SCRIPTURES
What is a False Teacher?
5 Characteristics of False Teachers
Pastor John MacArthur ( GTY.org ) above exposes the FALSE PROSPERITY GOSPEL & says it is a: Satanic False Christianity & False View of God. He Names some of the many False Teachers like: Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Paul Crouch, Fredrick Price, Todd Coontz, Robert Tilton. This is from his SERMON: A TRUE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUE GOD.
Article below By John MacArthur
When I sat down and just started writing out Characteristics of False Teachers, these are the things that showed up on my list: Pride, Selfishness, Deception, Irreverence, and Destruction. Those would be probably the First Five Features of False Teachers that would be on my list of the, say, a DOZEN or so. Here are the First 5 Characteristics of a False Teacher:
5 KEY CHARACTERISTICS OF A FALSE TEACHER - LINKS
(Few of the Many)
1 - PRIDE
2 - SELFISHNESS
3 - DECEPTION
4 - IRREVERENT
5 - DESTRUCTION
1 - False Teachers are Proud - PRIDE
QUOTE: "If you want to HEAR from GOD, READ your BIBLE; if you want to AUDIBLY HEAR from GOD, READ your BIBLE OUT LOUD." — Justin Peters, "A Call for Discernment" & "Clouds Without Water" DVD
They are concerned for their own POPULARITY. They are concerned for their own FAME.They are concerned for their own Notoriety. They are concerned for their own Prestige. They’re concerned to See themselves and Hear themselves in the Public Eye. They want Large Crowds, as it were, to bow down in great homage to them.They’re Characterized by Pride and they will do anything to gain the ground they need to gain for the welfare of their own Personal Ego, including any amount of Compromise necessary.
2 - False Teachers are Characterized by Selfishness - SELFISHNESS
They tend to be SELF-CENTERED. They are concerned for their own Comfort. They are concerned for their own Popularity. They are concerned for their own Prosperity. In the end, it’s all about Money, Fame, and Prestige and Notoriety equals an increased Bank Account. They are in it for the Money and the Personal material benefits that they can gain as they endeavor to feed their Selfish Desires.
3 - They are Characterized by Deception - DECEPTION
"BEWARE of those whose FAITH is based on their own: IDEAS, FEELINGS, and what THEY THINK is right-- RATHER than on what GOD'S WORD says!" TRUST in JESUS & in GOD'S unfailing WORD!" [Matthew 7:24-27]
- Colossians 2:8 (NASB) "See to it that NO ONE takes you CAPTIVE through PHILOSOPHY and EMPTY (VAIN) DECEPTION, according to the TRADITION OF MEN, according to the ELEMENTARY PRINCIPLES of the WORLD, rather than according to CHRIST."
- QUOTE: "If the GOSPEL you PREACH doesn't include REPENTANCE you PREACH a FALSE GOSPEL!"
- QUOTE by MARTHA MAC, SO4J-TV: "FAITH is NOT speaking into existence what WE want,it's BELIEVING and OBEYING what HE wants." (Romans 10:17, Heb 11:6, 1 John 2:3-6)
- QUOTE: "Beware of those whose FAITH is based on their own: IDEAS, FEELINGS, and what they THINK is right— RATHER than on what GOD'S WORD says!" (TRUST ALONE in JESUS & in GOD'S unfailing WORD!)
Matthew 24:11 Jesus says, "MANY FALSE PROPHETS will Appear & DECEIVE MANY People."
They usually can weave a very sophisticated web of Deception in their Teaching because they tend to be ARTICULATE, if they’re going to be Successful, and they endeavor to engage other people to aid them in their deceitful enterprise which gives it the, sort of, facade of credibility.
4 - They’re Irreverent- IRREVERENT
If there’s anything that sort of dominates in my thinking about False Teachers, it is their IRREVERANCE. They have absolutely no regard for God. The fact that they would go against God, that they would elevate themselves the way they do, that they would Pervert the Truth indicates their utter Irreverence. They have little, if any, regard for God, His Word, His Truth, His Glory, His Honor…
5 - They are Spiritually Destructive- DESTRUCTIVE
They seek to Use People; they seek to Abuse People. They seek to Lead People into Error, which destroys them—into Sin, which Pollutes Them.
So, as you look at False Teachers—
With regard to the WORLD, they are Proud and they seek Fame and Popularity.
With regard to THEMSELVES, they are Self-centered, Selfish, Self-aggrandizing, Self-gratifying.
With regard to the NATURE OF THEIR MINISTRY, they are Dishonest and Deceptive and Lack Integrity.
With regard to God, they are utterly Irreverent; in fact, they are Blasphemous.And,
With regard to the PEOPLE THAT THEY INFLUENCE, they are Spiritually Destructive.
So, their Relationship to the WORLD, their Relationship to the MINISTRY, their relationship to THEMSELVES, their Relationship to GOD, their Relationship to THEIR PEOPLE all reflects the DEVIATION OF THEIR HEARTS.
Wolves in Sheep's Clothing
QUOTE: "FAITH is NOT Speaking into Existence what WE want, it's BELIEVING and OBEYING what HE wants." (1 John 2:3-6) Quote by: Martha Mac, SO4J-TV
(Mormonism— i.e. the Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints (LDS) is a well known Cult!)
- Matthew 7:15-20 (NKJV) Jesus warns, "BEWARE of the FALSE PROPHETS, who COME TO YOU in SHEEP'S CLOTHING but INWARDLY are RAVENOUS WOLVES. You will KNOW THEM (identify them) by their FRUITS. Do men gather GRAPES from THORNBUSHES or FIGS from THISTLES? Even so, EVERY GOOD TREE bears GOOD FRUIT, but a BAD TREE bears BAD FRUIT. A GOOD TREE CANNOT bear BAD FRUIT, NOR can a BAD TREE bear GOOD FRUIT. EVERY TREE that does NOT bear GOOD FRUIT is CUT DOWN and THROWN into the FIRE. Therefore by THEIR FRUITS you will KNOW THEM.”
What Are The Characteristics of a True Minister?
On the other hand, if you were to write a list of Characteristics of the True Minister, a True Pastor, a True Shepherd, a True Preacher, a Faithful Pastor…you would start by saying he is Humble and then you probably would say he is Lovingly Sacrificial, instead of Selfish. He is Honest and has Integrity, rather than Deceptive. And, he is Reverent and Worships and Honors God, rather than being Irreverent. And, he is Spiritually Strengthening and Edifying. You would be right. Remember now, Paul is writing, in defining his own Attitudes here, against the background of these False Teachers whose Attitudes should have become obvious to the people in Corinth. A Faithful Pastor is Humble, Unselfish, Honest, Reverent, and Spiritually Edifying, just the opposite of False Teachers. (END)
FROM SO4J-TV: "ANSWERING CHRIST'S CALL TO DISCIPLESHIP" - PHIL JOHNSON EXPLAINS: Luke 9:59-62 Phil Johnson preached an important message (this is an excerpt) from Luke 9:59-62, in our "GraceLife" Fellowship Group in the Family Center at Grace Community Church, CA .. our Senior Pastor at GCC is: John MacArthur. Phil Johnson is a Pastor (along with: Mike Riccardi) of the "GraceLife" Fellowship Group at Grace Community Church, CA (GCC), CA.Phil Johnson is the Executive Director of "Grace To You" Ministries [GTY.org], and has been closely associated with John MacArthur since 1981, and edits most of John MacArthur's major books. He is also an Elder at Grace Community Church, CA.
Contend Earnestly For the Faith
- Jude 1:1-4 (NKJV) "Jude warns, “Jude, a Bondservant of Jesus Christ (Half Brother of Jesus), and Brother of James— To those who are CALLED, SANCTIFIED by GOD the FATHER, & PRESERVED in JESUS: MERCY, PEACE, and LOVE be MULTIPLIED to you. Beloved, while I was VERY DILIGENT to WRITE to you concerning our COMMON SALVATION, I found it NECESSARY to WRITE to you EXHORTING you to CONTEND EARNESTLY for the FAITH which was once for all delivered to the SAINTS. For CERTAIN MEN have CREPT IN UNNOTICED, who long ago were marked out for this Condemnation, UNGODLY men, who TURN the GRACE of our GOD into LEWDNESS and DENY the only LORD GOD and our LORD JESUS CHRIST."
- Acts 17:11 "The people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica,& they listened EAGERLY to PAUL'S MESSAGE. They SEARCHED the SCRIPTURES DAY AFTER DAY to see if PAUL & SILAS were TEACHING THE TRUTH."
- 1 John 4:1-6 (NKJV) "Beloved, do NOT Believe EVERY spirit (those CLAIMING to SPEAK BY THE SPIRIT), but TEST the SPIRITS, whether they are of God; because MANY FALSE PROPHETS have gone out into the World. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does NOT confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God (i.e. the True Gospel). And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore THEY SPEAK speak as of the WORLD, and the WORLD HEARS THEM. We are of God. He who KNOWS God HEARS US; he who is NOT of GOD does NOT HEAR US. By THIS we know the SPIRIT of TRUTH and the SPIRIT of ERROR."
Don't Be Deceived, Be Biblically Discerning!
—Martha Mac, SO4J-TV & Video Productions
- 2 Cor 11:13-15 (NKJV) "For such are FALSE APOSTLES, DECEITFUL WORKERS, transforming themselves into APOSTLES OF CHRIST. And no wonder! For SATAN HIMSELF TRANSFORMS HIMSELF into an ANGEL OF LIGHT." Therefore it isno great thing if his MINISTERS also TRANSFORM THEMSELVES into MINISTERS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, whose END will be according to their WORKS."
- 2 Tim 4:1-22 (NKJV) "I Charge you therefore before GOD & the Lord JESUS CHRIST, who will JUDGE the Living & the Dead at His Appearing & His Kingdom: PREACH THE WORD! Be Ready in Season & Out of Season (all the time). CONVINCE, REBUKE, EXHORT, with all LONGSUFFERING & TEACHING. For the Time will come when they will NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE, but according to their OWNDESIRES, because they have ITCHING EARS, they will HEAP up for themselves TEACHERS; and they will TURN their EARS AWAY from the TRUTH, and be turned aside to FABLES. But you be WATCHFUL in ALL things, ENDURE AFFLICTIONS, do the Work of an Evangelist, fulfill your Ministry."
- 1 Tim 4:1 (NKJV) "Now the SPIRIT expressly says that in LATTER TIMES some will DEPART from the FAITH, GIVING HEED to DECEIVING SPIRITS & DOCTRINES of DEMONS."
- Matt 24:11 Jesus warns, "MANY FALSE PROPHETS will Appear & DECEIVE MANY People."
- Acts 17:11 "The people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica,& they listened EAGERLY to PAUL'S MESSAGE. They SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAY AFTER DAY to see if PAUL & SILAS were TEACHING THE TRUTH."
- Gal 1:6-9 “I marvel that you are TURNING AWAY SO SOON from Him who called you in the GRACE OF CHRIST, to a DIFFERENT GOSPEL, which is not another; but there are some who TROUBLE YOU & want to PERVERT THE GOSPEL of CHRIST. But even if we, or an ANGEL from HEAVEN, PREACH ANY OTHER GOSPEL to you than what we have PREACHED TO YOU, LET HIM BE ACCURSED."
- 1 John 4:1 "Do NOT Believe EVERYONE who CLAIMS to SPEAK BY THE SPIRIT. You must TEST them to see if the spirit they have comes FROM GOD. There are MANY FALSE PROPHETS in the World"
- MORE FALSE TEACHERS SCRIPTURES - HERE
False Visits To Heaven & Hell
(Don't Forget to Check out this page on SO4J.com)
"DISCERNMENT is NOT knowing the difference between RIGHT and WRONG. It is knowing the difference between RIGHT and ALMOST RIGHT." —Quote by Charles Spurgeon (1834 - 1892)
- 1 Peter 3:15 (NKJV) "SANCTIFY the LORD GOD in your HEARTS, & ALWAYS be READY to give a DEFENSE to EVERYONE who asks you a REASON for the HOPE that is in you, with MEAKNESS & FEAR."
EXCERPTS FROM— "CONCERNS OF A TRUE PASTOR: HUMILITY AND SELFLESSNESS"
GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT © SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS ®