What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins?
What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? | Gospel of Jesus Christ
Gospel of Jesus Christ - Scriptures
What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins? - Gospel of Jesus Christ - What Does It Mean for Jesus to Die on the Cross? What is the Purpose? How do we Escape God's Eternal Wrath in Hell? What is God's Plan of Salvation? Gospel of Jesus Christ - Videos, Articles, Audios
There is a Summed Up Gospel Message right below— and if you scroll down further, one can read a more Detailed Gospel Bible Study, with a collection of Key Gospel of Jesus Christ Scriptures.
ON THIS PAGE BELOW:
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS? - SUMMED UP
- HOW DID SIN HAPPEN? - FALL OF MAN - MAN'S DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD
- ONE ACT OF SIN EQUALS DEATH - BROKEN FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD
- GOD IS HOLY & PERFECT - THE HOLINESS OF GOD
- SACRIFICE FOR SIN IN O.T. - KILLING OF LAMBS & PUTTING BLOOD ON DOORPOSTS
- FAITH & OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD
- IN SPITE OF OUR MANY FAILURES TO OBEY GOD - HE LOVED US ANYWAY
- HOW DO WE ESCAPE GOD'S ETERNAL WRATH IN HELL?
- JESUS HAS ALWAYS EXISTED AS GOD
- JESUS WAS BORN OF A VIRGIN NAMED MARY - PROPHECY FULFILLED
- JESUS WAS CONCEIVED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
- JESUS WAS BORN IN STABLE IN BETHLEHEM— PROPHECY FULFILLED
- JESUS WAS SINLESS & PERFECT
- THE LORD OPENS THE DISCIPLES MINDS TO UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURES
- NO ONE CAN BE SAVED UNLESS GOD THE FATHER DRAWS A PERSON TO HIMSELF
- SATAN DECEIVES MANY - REV 12:9
- JESUS' PROPHECY TO DIE ON PASSOVER - PROPHECY FULLFILLED
- PROPHECY OF A SUFFERING SAVIOR - ISAIAH 52 & 53 - PROPHECY FULLFILLED
- OLD & NEW TESTAMENT FAITH - JAMES 2:14-26
- WHAT DOES GOD REQUIRE OUT OF US?
- REPENT & BELEIVE THE GOSPEL - PICK UP YOUR CROSS DAILY & FOLLOW JESUS
What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins?
When Jesus Died on the Cross, God the Father unloaded His Fury, Anger, Wrath— PUNISHMENT (Isa 53:4-12, Isa 52:13-14) upon an Innocent, and SINLESS (1 Pet 3:18) Jesus (God's Son). On the Cross, God treated Jesus as if He had personally committed every Sin— by every Person, in the History of the World— those people who would ever Turn to Him for Salvation (Matt 4:17). God the Father treated Jesus as if Jesus had lived OUR Sinful Life on this Earth— so that God could treat those who would Repent & Believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15) as if we had lived His PERFECT LIFE! Sin has to be paid for— Justice has to be served, to satisfy God's Righteous & Holy Anger towards Sin (Rom 2:5-11, Eph 2:3, Eph 5:6). Jesus became the SUBSTITUTE (1 Thess 5:9-10, 2 Cor 5:21) for ALL people— those people who would Repent & Believe the Gospel - Mark 1:15. (Luke 13:3,5, Acts 20:21, Acts 17:30-31,
Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19, Acts 20:21).
HIS PROPHESIED: VIRGIN BIRTH (Prophecy in O.T.- Isa 7:14 / Fulfilled in N.T.- Matt 1:22-23), Jesus' Horrific DEATH (Prophecy in O.T.- Isa 53:12, Isa 52:14 / Fulfilled in N.T- Matt 27:50), Jesus' RESURRECTION from the Dead (Prophecy O.T.- Ps 16:10 / Fulfilled O.T.- Luke 24:6,31,34) was Prophesied HUNDREDS & THOUSANDS of Years in Advance. ALL Bible Prophecies about Jesus were Fulfilled in the Bible!
WHY DID JESUS HAVE TO DIE FOR OUR SINS?
God used the Substitutionary Sacrificial Death of Jesus to Demonstrate (Rom 5:8) for ALL Time His Incredible Wealth of Kindness— and His Infinite Love for us. He did so by using the Backdrop of Evil (2 Cor 4:6)— which then allowed God to HIGHLIGHT to ALL His Goodness & Mercy (Ps 23:6). In Eph 2:7 it says, "So God can POINT TO US in ALL FUTURE AGES as EXAMPLES of the INCREDIBLE WEALTH of His GRACE and KINDNESS towards us, as shown in all He has done for us who are united with CHRIST JESUS." God will Forever Receive GLORY & HONOR for all He has done for those who are in Christ Jesus (Rev 4:11, Rev 5:12-13). Jesus, who is RIGHTEOUS, HOLY, and JUST, DIED for the UNJUST. (NKJV - 1 Pet 3:18). Christ became a "CURSE" for us (Gal 3:13) in order that we could become "the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" (NKJV - 2 Cor 5:21). In other words, we did a Crime, and Jesus stepped in, and Paid our Fine. This is such Good News. Mark 1:1 "This is the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God." (1 Cor 15:2-9). This is a Work of God's Infinite Love & Mercy towards us Sinners (1 Thess 5:9-10, John 3:16, Rom 5:8, Eph 2:1-8).
Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB) "Enter through the NARROW GATE; for the GATE is WIDE and the WAY is BROAD that leads to DESTRUCTION, and there are MANY who enter through it. For the GATE is SMALL & the WAY is NARROW that leads to LIFE, and there are FEW who find it.”
John 10:9 Jesus—"I AM THE GATE. Those who come in through ME will be SAVED."
THERE ARE 2 CHOICES TO HAVE OUR SINS "PAID IN FULL":
1) We can Pay for our OWN Sins by spending Eternity in HELL(Rev 21:7-8;20:11-15)
2) We can Have JESUS CHRIST Pay For Our Sins. What Does That Mean?:
Jesus, who is Infinitely Holy & Perfect took our Sins upon Himself, so God's Wrath & Punishment for our Sin can be Satisfied. God can then CANCEL THE RECORD OF THE CHARGES OF SIN that is presently being held against us (Col 2:14). He will Forgive us, and Cleanse us from ALL Unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). He will ADOPT us as His Children (Gal 4:5-7)— and we become BORN AGAIN (John 3:3), into God's Family (1 John 3:9). As His Children, we are to Reflect the GLORIOUS IMAGE OF CHRIST in our Lives (2 Cor 3:18, 2 Cor 5:17, Matt 5:16), by living HOLY & Clean lives (1 Pet 1:14-15,16-17) for GOD'S GLORY (1 Cor 10:31, John 3:30)— out of a LOVE FOR JESUS (John 14:15, John 14:21, Luke 6:46). God will then make us CO-HEIRS WITH CHRIST (Rom 8:17), and we will RULE & REIGN WITH CHRIST in God's Kingdom— FOREVER! (Rev 20:6, Rev 1:6, Matt 13:43) This was God's Plan long ago, to Adopt us into His Family (Eph 1:4-5).
however we REJECT JESUS,
and REFUSE TO OBEY THE GOOD NEWS
(Heb 10:26-31, 2 Thess 1:7-11), and/or we continue to PRACTICE SIN
(1 John 3:9-10), we prove that we are NOT
God's Children, but we Prove (Matt 3:8) that we are Children of the Devil (1 John 3:6-7,8, 1 John 2:3-6), who is the Father of Lies (John 8:44).
There will be a Judgment Day
where Jesus will
punish all Lawbreakers (Matt 7:22-23). A Righteous Judge reacts towards Sin & Wrongdoing with Justice, and
let: Murderers, Rapists, Thieves go Free. Jesus is that Righteous Judge (2 Cor 5:10-11, 2 Thess 1:7-11, 2 Tim 4:1), and
because He is Infinitely Holy & Righteous (1 Pet 1:15-17), His Punishment for Sin is Infinite. (Rom 2:5-6,7-8,9-16). His Rewards are Infinite too (1 Cor 2:9). Read More: Judgments of God For Sin
OR Rewards in Heaven
WHAT DOES JESUS WANT US TO DO?
Repent & Believe the Gospel - Mark 1:15 (Acts 17:30-31, James 4:4-10). Repentance is truly a Work of God in you— it is God giving you a desire to do what pleases Him (Phil 2:13).
So if you are Hearing His voice today (John 10:3-17), and we hear His Voice through the Preaching of the Gospel (1 Cor 1:18-31)— Don't harden your Hearts (Heb 3:7-14). Believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then Pick up your Cross Daily, Turn from your Sin & Selfish Ways (2 Cor 6:2), & Follow Jesus (Luke 9:23-26). Read Your Bible everyday (Rom 10:17), and Obey God's Word because you Love Jesus (John 14:15,21,24), and want to Glorify God in all you do (1 Cor 10:31).
1 - How Did Sin Happen? - Fall of Man - Man's Disobedience to God
God created the first people, Adam & Eve. (Gen 2:7-25)
God had given them One Commandment to Obey (we now we have 10 Commandments - Exod 20:3-17 & also the 2 Greatest Commandments - Mark 12:30-31). But Satan, a fallen Angel (Isa 14:12-21, Ezek 28:2-19), lied and deceived them. Adam & Eve sinned. They believed Satan's lies. They trusted and went with their feelings, on what they saw and felt vs. believing God's Word to obey His One Commandment— or there would be a Judgment by God of Death. (Gen 2:15-17)
2 - One Act of Sin Equals Death - Broken Fellowship with God
One Act of Sin & Disobedience Equals Death - Broken Fellowship with God (Rom 3:23)
God banished Adam & Eve from the Garden of Eden, because of one sinful act of disobedience— one' little' sin. They eventually died, just as God said they would.
Sin, Judgment, & the Loss of Paradise: Gen 3
Because God has a Holy hatred for sin, Adam & Eve's fellowship was broken, and so is ours.
Sin now infects all people who have ever lived. The consequence of Sin is Physical & Spiritual Death for all people who have ever lived in the history of mankind.
- Prov 14:12 "There is a way which seems (feels) right unto a man, but the end is the way of Death."
- Rom 5:15-19 “Adam’s ONE SIN BRINGS CONDEMNATION for everyone, but Christ’s ONE ACT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS brings a Right relationship with God and new life for everyone. Because ONE person DISOBEYED GOD, MANY became Sinners. But because ONE other person OBEYED GOD, MANY will be made Righteous.”
- Rom 3:23 "ALL HAVE SINNED, and fall short of God’s perfect standards."
- Rom 6:23 “The WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Ezek 18:20 God says, "THE SOUL THAT SINS SHALL DIE."
3 - God is Holy & Perfect - The Holiness of God
- 1 Pet 1:14-17 “So you must live as God’s OBEDIENT children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then.
But now you MUST BE HOLY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, JUST AS GOD WHO CHOSE YOU IS HOLY. For the Scriptures say, “YOU MUST BE HOLY BECAUSE I AM HOLY. And remember that the Heavenly Father to whom you Pray has no favorites. HE WILL JUDGE YOU OR REWARD YOU ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU DO. So you must live in REVERENT FEAR OF HIM during your time as “foreigners in the land.”
- Heb 12:14 "Without HOLINESS no man shall see God."
- Matt 5:48 Jesus says, “You are to be PERFECT, even as your Father in Heaven is PERFECT."
4 - Sacrifice For Sin in O.T. - Killing of Lambs & Putting Blood on Doorpost
The Old Testament Sacrifice For The Penalty of Sin Was The Killing of Innocent Lambs— This was a Temporal Covering For Sin, Until God's Sinless Son Would Come To Shed His Blood For Us
God later instructed His people, the Israelites, to have Faith & Obedience, and offer up a Sacrifice to Him— by the killing (blood) of a Spotless Lamb or Goat. The Lamb was to be Killed and Sacrificed in order to have their sins overlooked by God, and temporarily washed away. (Read
Leviticus 4, 5, 6 )
- Heb 9:22 says, "Without the SHEDDING OF BLOOD, there is NO Forgiveness of Sin."
God Instructs Israel To Do Something Seemingly Strange:
To Take Lamb's Blood, that had been Sacrificed, and put it on their Doorposts—which we find out in New Testament is in the Form of A Cross!
God also had rescued the Israelites from Egypt through the Miracle of the parting of the Red Sea. During the night of the 10th Plague, God had told the Israelites to do something seemingly strange; to Sacrifice a Spotless Lamb or Goat, and take that Lamb's Blood and put it on the Doorposts of all their houses, it was in the Form of a Cross!
When the 10th Plague of the 'Angel of Death' would see the Blood of the Spotless Lamb it would "Pass over" (where we get the word: Passover)" or "Skip over" and not kill their First Born children during this 10th Plague!
The Lord gave the follow:
- Exodus 12:1-51 The Lord gave the following instructions to Moses and Aaron: The Lord says, "Each family must choose a LAMB or YOUNG GOAT FOR A SACRIFICE, one animal for each household....(5) with NO DEFECTS...(6)... the community of Israel must SLAUGHTER THEIR LAMB OR YOUNG GOAT... (7).... They are to take some of the BLOOD AND SMEAR IT ON THE SIDES AND TOP OF THE DOORFRAMES OF THE HOUSE...(11) “These are your instructions for eating this meal: BE FULLY DRESSED....EAT THE MEAL WITH URGENCY, FOR THIS IS THE LORD'S PASSOVER.... (12) "On that Night I will pass through the land of Egypt and STRIKE DOWN (kill) every Firstborn Son and Firstborn Male animal in the land of Egypt. I will EXECUTE JUDGMENT against all the gods of Egypt, for I am the Lord! (13) But the BLOOD ON YOUR DOORPOSTS will serve as a SIGN, marking the houses where you are staying. WHEN I SEE THE BLOOD, I WILL PASS OVER YOU. THIS PLAGUE OF DEATH WILL NOT TOUCH YOU WHEN I STRIKE THE LAND OF EGYPT....(21)... Then Moses called all the elders of Israel together and said to them, “Go, pick out a LAMB OR YOUNG GOAT.... and SLAUGHTER THE PASSOVER ANIMAL. (22) Drain the blood into a basin. Then take a bundle of hyssop branches and DIP IT INTO THE BLOOD. BRUSH THE HYSSOP (THAT HAS BEEN DIPPED IN THE SACRIFICED LAMB'S BLOOD) ACROSS THE TOP AND SIDES OF THE DOORFRAMES OF YOUR HOUSES (i.e. it was in the form of a Cross)...And no one may go out through the door until morning. (23) For the Lord will PASS THROUGH THE LAND TO STRIKE DOWN THE EGYPTIANS. But when HE SEES THE BLOOD ON TOP AND SIDES OF THE DOORFRAME, THE LORD WILL PASS OVER YOUR HOME. HE WILL NOT PERMIT THE DEATH ANGEL TO ENTER YOUR HOUSE AND STRIKE YOU DOWN."
5 - Faith & Obedience To God's Word
God Required Faith & Obedience To Something That Appeared Foolish in the O.T.
God Requires Faith & Obedience To The Foolishness of the "Message of the Cross" in the N.T.
Israel Obeyed God's Command and all survived the plague sent by God.
God required FAITH in all He Commanded them to do in the Old Testament, even if it was seemingly not making sense to Israel, and appeared Foolish. Faith requires Obedience to what God says, out of a Love for Him.
- Heb 11:28 "It was by FAITH THAT MOSES COMMANDED THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL TO KEEP PASSOVER AND TO SPRINKLE BLOOD ON THE DOORPOSTS so that the Angel of Death would not kill their firstborn sons."
- 1 Cor 1:18-31 "The MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IF FOOLISH TO THOSE WHO ARE HEADED FOR DESTRUCTION! But we who are being Saved know it is the very power of God."
6 - In Spite Of Our Many Failures to Obey God - He Loved Us Anyway
Eventually God's people however failed to obey Him. (Jer 7:23-24)
But in spite of all our many Failures to Obey God, He still loved us anyway
- Rom 5:8 “But GOD DEMONSTRATES HIS OWN LOVE TOWARD US, in that while we were still Sinners, Christ Died for us."
- Titus 3:3-7 "At one time we too were Foolish, Disobedient, Deceived and enslaved by all kinds of Passions and Pleasures. We lived in Malice and Envy, being Hated and Hating one another. But when the Kindness and Love of God our Savior appeared, He Saved us, not because of Righteous Things we had done, but because of His Mercy. He Saved us through the washing of Rebirth and Renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been Justified by His Grace, we might become heirs having the hope of Eternal Life.
7 - How Do We Escape God's Eternal Wrath in Hell?
God's Plan Of Escape From His Holy Eternal Wrath— He showed His love towards us by making a way for all of us (Jews & Gentiles) to escape His Holy Eternal Wrath that will come upon all people who reject the Truth! (Rom 1:18 — 2:16)
God's plan of Escaping His Eternal Wrath is similar to the Old Testament's Plan, in that it requires a Blood Sacrifice. This new plan would also require Obedience & Faith just as it did in the O.T., but this time by Faith & Obedience in His Son Jesus (God) vs trusting in a mere sacrificial animal (lamb) to wash away their sin, which would last only temporarily.
In order for the Plan to Work, Jesus had to leave Heaven, and come to Earth and take on a Human Form
Phil 2:5-11 "Your Attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though He was God, He did NOT demand and cling to His Rights as God. HE MADE HIMSELF NOTHING; HE TOOK THE HUMBLE POSITION OF A SLAVE AND APPEARED IN HUMAN FORM AND IN HUMAN FORM HE OBEDIENTLY HUMBLED HIMSELF EVEN FURTHER BY DYING A CRIMINAL'S DEATH ON A CROSS. Because of this, God raised him up to the heights of heaven and gave Him a Name that is above every other Name, so that at the name of JESUS every knee will Bow, in Heaven and on Earth and Under the Earth, and Every Tongue will Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father."
8 - Jesus Has Always Existed As God
- John 1:1-18 "In the beginning the Word already EXISTED. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He EXISTED in the beginning with God.”
- Col 1:15-20 "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. HE EXISTED BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE was created and is supreme over all Creation, for through Him God created everything in the Heavenly realms and on Earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as Thrones, Kingdoms, Rulers, and Authorities in the Unseen World. Everything was created through Him and for Him. HE EXISTED BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, and He holds all creation together. Christ is also the Head of the Church, which is His body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So He is first in everything. For God in all His fullness was pleased to live in Christ, and through Him God reconciled everything to Himself. He made peace with everything in Heaven and on Earth by means of Christ’s Blood on the Cross."
9 - Jesus was Born of a Virgin named Mary - Prophecies Were Fulfilled
Jesus came to Earth in Human Form through a virgin named Mary
Prophecy in Old Testament - Thousands of Years in Advance
- Isa 7:14 "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: THE VIRGIN WILL BE WITH CHILD AND WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, AND WILL CALL HIM IMMANUEL."
Prophecy was Fulfilled in New Testament
- Matt 1:22-23 "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the PROPHET: "THE VIRGIN WILL BE WITH CHILD AND WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, and they will call him IMMANUEL"--which means, "God with us."
- Luke 1:26-80 - Read The Full Story
10 - Jesus Was Conceived By the Holy Spirit
Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, in the virgin named Mary's Womb
- Luke 1:35 The angel answered Mary, "The HOLY SPIRIT WILL COME UPON YOU, and the POWER OF THE MOST HIGH WILL OVERSHADOW YOU. So the HOLY ONE TO BE BORN WILL BE CALLED THE SON OF GOD."
Jesus was Born in a Stable in the small Town of Bethlehem.
Prophecy in Old Testament
- Micah 5:2 "But you, O BETHLEHEM Ephrathah, are only a SMALL VILLAGE among all the people of Judah. YET A RULER OF ISRAEL WILL COME FROM YOU, one whose origins are from the DISTANT PAST."
Prophecy was Fulfilled in New Testament
- Luke 2:11 "The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born tonight in BETHLEHEM, the City of David!"
- Luke 2:15 "When the Angels had returned to Heaven, the Shepherds said to each other, "Come on, let's go to BETHLEHEM! Let's see this wonderful thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about." (Read all of Luke 2)
12 - Jesus was Sinless & Perfect
In Human form Jesus was the only person, who ever lived,
who was Holy & Perfect and never had sinned.
- 1 Pet 2:21-22 "For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. HE NEVER SINNED, NOR DECEIVED ANYONE. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always Judges fairly. He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed. Once you were like sheep who wandered away. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls."
Jesus Prophesies His Own Betrayal, Murder, and Death On Passover— Before His Death
The Disciples Didn't Understand What Jesus Was Saying
- Matt 26:2 Jesus says, “As you know, PASSOVER begins in two days, and the SON OF MAN WILL BE HANDED OVER TO BE CRUCIFIED.”
- Luke 18:31-34 Taking the Twelve Disciples aside, Jesus said, “Listen, we’re going up to Jerusalem, where all the Predictions of the Prophets concerning the Son of Man will come true. He will be handed over to the Romans, and he will be MOCKED, TREATED SHAMEFULLY, AND SPIT UPON. They will FLOG HIM WITH A WHIP AND KILL HIM, BUT ON THE THIRD DAY HE WILL RISE AGAIN.” BUT THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS. THE SIGNIFICANCE WAS HIDDEN FROM THEM, AND THEY FAILED TO GRASP WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.”
13 - The Lord Opens The Disciples Minds To Understand The Scriptures
- Luke 24:44-46 Jesus said, “When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” THEN JESUS OPENED THEIR MINDS TO UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURES. And He said, “Yes, it was WRITTEN LONG AGO THAT THE MESSIAH WOULD SUFFER AND DIE AND RISE FROM THE DEAD ON THE THIRD DAY.”
14 - No One Can Be Saved Unless God the Father Draws a Person to Himself
- John 6:44 Jesus says, “No one can come to Me UNLESS THE FATHER WHO SENT ME DRAWS THEM TO ME, and at the last day I will raise them up.”
- John 6:65 Jesus says, “That is why I said that PEOPLE CAN'T COME TO ME UNLESS THE FATHER GIVES THEM TO ME.”
- Eph 2:8-9 “By Grace you have been Saved through Faith, and not of yourselves; IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
We become “Born Again” through the Eternal Living Word of God - (1 Pet 1:23)
No one can understand God’s Word unless God reveals His Word to them (John 6:44,65)
- 1 Pet 1:23 “You have been BORN AGAIN, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the ETERNAL, LIVING WORD OF GOD.”
- John 3:3 Jesus says, “Unless one is BORN AGAIN he cannot see the Kingdom of God."
- 2 Cor 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a New Creation; OLD things have passed away; behold, all things have become NEW.”
15 - Satan Deceives Many
Satan Deceives Many (Rev 12:9) Satan, who is the “god” of this sinful world, puts a veil or blinder on people’s eyes so that they cannot see God’s Glorious Good News of Jesus Christ. Satan Blinds People's Minds so that they cannot understand Glorious Message of the Good News.
- 2 Cor 4:4 “Satan, who is the god OF THIS WORLD, has BLINDED THE MINDS OF THOSE WHO DON'T BELIEVE. They are unable to see the Glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the Glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.”
- Eph 2:2 "You used to live in sin, just like the rest of the world, OBEYING THE DEVIL—the commander of the powers in the UNSEEN WORLD. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who REFUSE TO OBEY GOD."
- 1 Cor 1:18 “The MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS to those who are perishing, but to us who are being Saved it is the Power of God.”
- Rev 12:9 “Satan deceives the whole World.
The Religious Leaders in Jesus's Day were Deceived By Satan too—
they were Jealous of Jesus, and so they Conspired & Plotted to Kill Jesus
The Religious Leaders in Jesus' days were deceived by Satan, and they were very jealous of Jesus. He was a threat to their worldly religious system. Satan entered into Judas (a disciple of Jesus), and he conspired to betray and murder Jesus with the Religious Pharisees.
The Death of Jesus the Messiah was Prophesied in the Old Testament: Isaiah 52:13-15 , Isaiah 53:1-12 all of these scriptures were fulfilled!
16 - Jesus' Prophecy To Die On Passover - Prophecy Fulfilled
Jesus Dies and is Resurrected during the annual 'Passover' Celebration! Was this a coincidence? No. It was part of God's Plan of Salvation!
Jesus Prophecies Death By Crucifixion - 2 Days in Advance
- Matt 26:2 Jesus says, “As you know, PASSOVER begins in two days, and the SON OF MAN WILL BE HANDED OVER TO BE CRUCIFIED.”
- John 13:1 "BEFORE THE PASSOVER CELEBRATION, Jesus knew that his HOUR had come to leave this world and return to his Father. He had loved his disciples during his ministry on earth, and now he loved them to the very end."
- Luke 22:15 Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this PASSOVER meal with you before my SUFFERING begins."
- John 11:55-56 "It was now almost time for the JEWISH PASSOVER CELEBRATION, and many people from all over the country arrived in Jerusalem several days early so they could go through the purification ceremony before PASSOVER began. They kept looking for Jesus, but as they stood around in the Temple, they said to each other, “What do you think? He won’t come for Passover, will he?”
Jesus Dies On Passover— Becoming Our Spotless & Sinless Lamb of God
Heb 9:22 "Without the Shedding of Blood, there is NO Forgiveness of Sins"
Jesus (God) became our spotless and sinless Passover Lamb. He came to live a blameless life, suffer and die, and be raised from the Dead. He was the perfect Blood Sacrifice for the Sins of all people, who would ever 'Repent & Believe in Jesus', in the History of mankind.
- John 1:29 When John the Baptist saw Jesus coming he said, “Behold! The LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD!"
- 1 Cor 5:7 "Christ, our PASSOVER LAMB, has been SACRIFICED FOR US."
- 1 Pet 1:18-25 "God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the Precious Blood of Christ, the SINLESS, SPOTLESS LAMB OF GOD. God chose Him as your ransom long before the world began, but He has now revealed Him to you in these last days. Through Christ you have come to TRUST IN GOD. And you have placed your FAITH AND HOPE IN GOD because He raised Christ from the dead and gave Him GREAT GLORY. You were CLEANSED FROM YOUR SINS WHEN YOU OBEYED THE TRUTH..."
- Eph 1:7-14 "He is so rich in Kindness and Grace that HE PURCHASED OUR FREEDOM WITH THE BLOOD OF HIS SON AND FORGAVE OUR SINS. He has showered his Kindness on us, along with all Wisdom and Understanding. God has now revealed to us his Mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own Good Pleasure. And this is the Plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the Authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on Earth. Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an INHERITANCE FROM GOD, for HE CHOSE US IN ADVANCE, and he makes everything work out according to his Plan. God’s purpose was that we Jews who were the first to trust in Christ would bring Praise and Glory to God. And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago. The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him."
17 - Prophecy of a Suffering Savior - Isaiah 52 & 53 - Prophecy Fulfilled
- Isaiah 52:13-15 "Behold, My servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up and Greatly Exalted. Just as many were astonished at you, My people, So HIS APPEARANCE WAS MARRED MORE THAN ANY MAN AND HIS FORM MORE THAN THE SONS OF MEN. Thus He will sprinkle many nations, Kings will shut their mouths on account of Him; For what had not been told them they will see, And what they had not heard they will understand."
- Isaiah 53:1-12 "Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed His powerful arm? My Servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about His appearance, nothing to attract us to Him. He was despised and rejected— a Man of many sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on Him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses He carried; it was our sorrows that weighed Him down. And we thought His troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for His own sins! But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all. He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet He never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearer's, He did not open his mouth. Unjustly condemned, He was led away. No one cared that He died without descendants, that His life was cut short in midstream. But He was struck down for the rebellion of my people. He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But He was buried like a criminal; He was put in a rich man’s grave. But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush Him and cause Him grief. Yet when His life is made an offering for sin, He will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in His hands. When He sees all that is accomplished by His anguish, He will be satisfied. And because of His experience, my Righteous Servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for He will bear all their sins. I will give Him the honors of a victorious soldier, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels."
Jesus Took The Punishment That We Deserve, and gave us HIS Righteousness!
We Did a Crime, and Jesus Paid Our Fine.
He Took The Wrath Of God For All People In The History of Mankind,
Those Who Would 'Repent Of Their Sins & Believe The Gospel of Jesus!'
- Col 2:14 "He (God) CANCELED THE RECORD THAT CONTAINED THE CHARGES HELD AGAINST US. He took it and DESTROYED IT by Nailing it to Christ's cross."
- Rom 5:8-11 “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US. Much more then, having now been JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, WE SHALL BE SAVED FROM THE WRATH OF GOD THROUGH HIM. For if while we were Enemies we were RECONCILED TO GOD THROUGH THE DEATH OF HIS SON, much more, having been RECONCILED, we shall be Saved by His Life. And not only this, but we also exult (rejoice) in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the RECONCILIATION"
- Rom 4:24-25 "To whom God will credit Righteousness--for us who Believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the Dead. He was delivered over to Death for our Sins and was raised to life for our Justification."
- 2 Cor 5:21 "For He (God) has made Him to be Sin for us, who knew no Sin; that we might be made the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.”
- Gal 3:13 "Christ has rescued us (redeemed us) from the curse pronounced by the law. When He was hung on the cross, He took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing (sin)."
- Heb 9:27-28 "It is Appointed for men to die once, but after this the Judgment, so also Christ died once for all time as a sacrifice to take away the sins of many people. He will come again, not to deal with our sins, but to bring Salvation to all who are eagerly waiting for him."
- 1 Peter 3:18 "For Christ also suffered ONCE FOR SINS, the JUST FOR THE UNJUST, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit."
- 1 Cor 15:2-9 "It is this Good News that Saves you if you continue to Believe the Message I told you—unless, of course, you Believed something that was never true in the first place. I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ Died for our Sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was Buried, and he was Raised from the Dead on the Third Day, just as the Scriptures said. He was seen by Peter and then by the Twelve. After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his Followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died. Then he was seen by James and later by all the Apostles. Last of all, as though I had been born at the wrong time, I also saw him. For I am the least of all the Apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an Apostle after the way I persecuted God’s Church."
18 - Old Testament & New Testament Faith
The Old Testament Believers had Faith - Heb 11:1-40, we too are to have Faith in God. (James 2:14-26)
We are not saved by "Works" (Eph 2:8-9), but we must show Evidence of True Biblical Salvation through Faith & Obedience to Jesus & God's Word
Faith (Believing) & Works (Obedience) go Together. It is impossible to please God without Faith. (Heb 11:6) True Repentant Believers Obey Jesus & God's Word out of a love for Jesus. (John 14:15, John 14:21)
- Heb 11:6 "It is IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD WITHOUT FAITH. Anyone who wants to come to Him must BELIEVE that God exists and that He Rewards those who SINCERELY SEEK HIM."
- James 2:14-26 "FAITH WITHOUT GOOD DEEDS IS USELESS...Abraham's FAITH AND HIS ACTIONS WORKED TOGETHER. HIS ACTIONS MADE HIS FAITH COMPLETE."
Faith & Works - Go Hand in Hand
- James 2:14-26 "WHAT GOOD IS IT, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have FAITH BUT DON'T SHOW IT BY YOUR ACTIONS? CAN THAT KIND OF FAITH SAVE ANYONE? Suppose you see a Brother or Sister who has No Food or Clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any Food or Clothing. What Good does that do? So you see, FAITH BY ITSELF ISN'T ENOUGH. UNLESS IT PRODUCES GOOD DEEDS, IT IS DEAD AND USELESS. Now someone may argue, “SOME PEOPLE HAVE FAITH; OTHERS HAVE GOOD DEEDS.” But I say, “HOW CAN YOU SHOW ME YOUR FAITH IF YOU DON'T HAVE GOOD DEEDS? I WILL SHOW YOU MY FAITH BY MY GOOD DEEDS.” YOU SAY YOU HAVE FAITH, for you BELIEVE that there is one God. Good for you! EVEN THE DEMONS BELIEVE THIS, AND THEY TREMBLE IN TERROR. How foolish! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT FAITH WITHOUT GOOD DEEDS IS USELESS? Don’t you remember that our Ancestor Abraham was shown to be RIGHT WITH GOD BY HIS ACTIONS when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see, HIS FAITH AND HIS ACTIONS WORKED TOGETHER. HIS ACTIONS MADE HIS FAITH COMPLETE. And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND GOD COUNTED HIM AS RIGHTEOUS BECAUSE OF HIS FAITH." He was even called the friend of God. So you see, we are shown to be RIGHT WITH GOD BY WHAT WE DO, NOT BY FAITH ALONE. Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be RIGHT WITH GOD BY HER ACTIONS when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road. JUST AS THE BODY IS DEAD WITHOUT BREATH, SO ALSO FAITH IS DEAD WITHOUT GOOD WORKS."
- John 14:15 Jesus says, "If you love Me Obey My Commandments"
19 - What Does God Require Out Of Us?
Repent & Believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15, Acts 17:30-31).
Repent & Believe the Gospel - Mark 1:15 (Acts 17:30-31, James 4:4-10). Repentance is truly a Work of God in you— it is God giving you a desire to do what pleases Him (Phil 2:13). So if you are Hearing His voice today (John 10:3-17), and we hear His Voice through the Preaching of the Gospel (1 Cor 1:18-31)— Don't harden your Hearts (Heb 3:7-14). Believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then Pick up your Cross Daily, Turn from your Sin & Selfish Ways (2 Cor 6:2), & Follow Jesus (Luke 9:23-26). Read Your Bible everyday (Rom 10:17), and Obey God's Word because you Love Jesus (John 14:15,21,24), and want to Glorify God in all you do (1 Cor 10:31).
Mark 1:15 Jesus says, 'Repent & Believe The Gospel of Jesus Christ
If you do not Believe the Gospel of Jesus— Believe in God's Perfect Sacrifice for your Sins, you will die without having your Sins dealt with on this earth, and having your Sins 'Paid in Full' by Jesus.
You will someday experience the never-ending Full Wrath of a Holy God that is going to come upon all people, who ever lived, who rejected God's Perfect Sacrifice for Sin— Jesus Christ."
Those that reject His Son— (Heb 10:26-29) and those who had a Lukewarm superficial and shallow 'relationship' with Him (Rev 3:14-20), the Wrath of God remains on them. (Eph 5:6, John 3:36, 2 Thess 1:7-11, Rev 21:8)
Eph 5:6 "Let no one deceive you with Empty words, for because of these things the WRATH OF GOD COMES UPON THE SONS OF DISOBEDIENCE."
(Repentance by the way is a WORK OF GOD in you, not a work of yourself, it is the Lord giving you a desire to do what pleases Him. Phil 2:13)
20 - Repent & Believe The Gospel Today. Pick Up Your Cross Daily & Follow Jesus
- Mark 1:15 Jesus says, "Repent of your Sins and Believe the Good News (Gospel)!”
- 2 Cor 6:2 God says, “Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the Day of Salvation.”
- Acts 17:30-31 "God commands everyone everywhere to Repent of their Sins and Turn to Him. For He has set a Day for Judging the world with justice by the Man (Jesus Christ) He has appointed, and He proved to everyone who this is by raising Him from the dead.”
- Matt 18:2-4 Jesus says, “Unless you Turn from your Sins (daily too) and become like little children (humble as a child), you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.”
- Luke 13:3 Jesus says, “You will also Perish (Hell) unless you Repent of your Sins and Turn to God.”
- Matt 10:37-39 Jesus says, “If you love your Father or Mother more than you love Me, you are not worthy of being Mine; or if you love your Son or Daughter more than Me, you are not worthy of being Mine. If you refuse to take up your cross and follow Me, you are not worthy of being Mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for Me, you will find it."
- Luke 9:23-26 Jesus says, “If any of you wants to be My Follower, you must turn from your Selfish ways, Take up your Cross Daily, and Follow Me…what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed? If anyone is ashamed of Me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when He returns in His Glory and in the Glory of the Father and the Holy Angels."
God Bless You as you have Faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
"WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS?"
(GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST)
Copyright © By Martha Mac / SO4J.com ® / SO4J-TV & Video Productions
"WHAT DOES IT MEAN THAT JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS?" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED / PHOTO © SO4J-TV
ALL GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT © & PROPERTY OF SO4J-TV & VIDEOS