- Category: NO COMPROMISE CHRISTIAN
14 Ways We Are To Be Like Jesus Christ
Scriptures & List - Ways We Are To Be Like Jesus
14 Ways We Are To Be Like Jesus Christ - List of the Ways we are to be like Jesus Christ . It is about the MANY ways a True Believer is to be like Jesus Christ. The Goal of every True Believer is to Conform into the Image of Jesus Christ— and to be like Jesus Christ (Rom 8:29, 2 Cor 3:16-18, John 14:12-13, 14-15, John 17:18, John 20:21, Matt 10:25)— this is pleasing to God the Father, and Glorifies God (1 Cor 10:31). We are not to be Conformed to this World (Rom 12:2)— we are to Be Separate from this World (2 Cor 6:17-18).
- More go to: 50 SIGNS OF A NO COMPROMISE CHRISTIAN
14 Ways We Are To Be Like Jesus Christ
- RIGHTEOUSNESS & HOLINESS
- FREEDOM FROM THIS WORLD
- SELF CRUCIFIXION
- WALKING IN NEWNESS OF LIFE
- ENDURING PERSECUTIONS
- THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
- TOTAL SETTING APART FOR GOD'S WORK
- WALKING IN THE LIGHT
- UNITY WITH GOD
- SUFFERING FOR OTHERS
- LIFE & CONDUCT
- ENDURING TEMPTATIONS
- MANIFESTING THE FULLNESS OF GOD
1 - In Righteousness & Holiness
- 1 Peter 1:14-16 "So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
- 1 John 3:7 "Dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous."
- John 15:10-14 Jesus says, "When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command."
- 1 Cor 1:30 "God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin."
- Eph 1:4 "Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes."
- Eph 5:27 "He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault."
2 - In Freedom From This World
- John 17:14-16 "I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. They do not belong to this world any more than I do."
- Rom 12:1 "And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him."
- James 4:4 "You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God."
- 1 John 2:15 "Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you."
3 - In Self-Crucifixion
- Rom 6:1-23 "...And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives. Since we have been united with him in his death, we will also be raised to life as he was. We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him. We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. When he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives, he lives for the glory of God. So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace..."
- Gal 2:20 "My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
- Luke 9:23-27 Jesus said, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS DAILY, and FOLLOW ME. For whoever desires to save his life will LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE MY SAKE WILL SAVE IT. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost? For whoever is Ashamed of Me and My Words, of him the Son of Man will be ashamed when He comes in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels."
4 - In Walking in Newness of Life
- Gal 5:16-26...(19) "When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another."
- Eph 4:14-22 "Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. With the Lord’s authority I say this: Live no longer as the Gentiles do, for they are hopelessly confused. Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against him. They have no sense of shame. They live for lustful pleasure and eagerly practice every kind of impurity. But that isn’t what you learned about Christ. Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception."
5 - In Enduring Persecutions
- Matt 10:25 "Students are to be like their teacher, and slaves are to be like their master. And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, the members of my household will be called by even worse names!"
- John 15:18-20 Jesus says, “If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. The world would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but you are no longer part of the world. I chose you to come out of the world, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you."
- Mark 10:29-30 Jesus says, "I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life."
6 - In Works
- James 2:14-26 "What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless. Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.” You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless? Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete. And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God. So you see, we are shown to be right with God by what we do, not by faith alone. Rahab the prostitute is another example. She was shown to be right with God by her actions when she hid those messengers and sent them safely away by a different road. Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works."
7 - In the Fruit of the Spirit
- Gal 5:22-23 "But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!"
- John 13:34 "So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other."
- John 15:11-13 "I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."
8 - In Total Setting Apart for God's Work
- John 10:36 Jesus says, "Why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world."
- John 17:17-19 (NKJV) Jesus prays, "Sanctify them by Your Truth. Your Word is Truth. As You sent Me into the World, I also have sent them into the World. And for their sakes I Sanctify Myself, that they also may be Sanctified by the Truth."
- John 20:21 Again he said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.”
- 2 Cor 6:17-18 "Therefore, come out from them and SEPARATE yourselves from them, says the Lord. DON'T TOUCH their FILTHY THINGS. And I will be your Father, and you will be My Sons and Daughters, says the Lord Almighty, and I will welcome you."
9 - In Walking in the Light
- 1 John 1:7 "But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin."
10 - In Unity With God
- John 17:11 Jesus says, "Now I am departing from the world; they are staying in this world, but I am coming to you. Holy Father, you have given me your name; now protect them by the power of your name so that they will be united just as we are."
- John 17:21-23 Jesus says, "I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me. “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me."
11 - In Suffering for Others
- 1 Peter 2:21-23 "For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps. He never sinned, nor ever deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when he was insulted, nor threaten revenge when he suffered. He left his case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly."
- 1 Peter 3:18-4:1 "Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit. So he went and preached to the spirits in prison— those who disobeyed God long ago when God waited patiently while Noah was building his boat. Only eight people were saved from drowning in that terrible flood. And that water is a picture of baptism, which now saves you, not by removing dirt from your body, but as a response to God from a clean conscience. It is effective because of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Now Christ has gone to heaven. He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angels and authorities and powers accept his authority. So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin."
- Phil 3:10 "I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death"
12 - In Life & Conduct
- 1 John 2:6 "Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did."
- 1 John 4:17 "And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the Day of Judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world."
13 - In Enduring Temptations
Keeping the Full Armor of God on! Ephesians 6:10-20
- Heb 2:18 "Since he (Jesus) himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested."
- Heb 4:14-16 "So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."
- James 1:2 "Dear Brothers & Sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy."
- James 1:12 "God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."
14 - Manifesting The Fullness of God
- John 3:34 "For he is sent by God. He speaks God’s words, for God gives him the Spirit without limit."
- John 7:37-39 Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory."
- John 14:12 Jesus says, “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."
- Eph 3:19 "May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
Do You Know Jesus?
For More About Jesus & How You Can Know Him go to:
GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT & PROPERTY OF SO4J-TV & Video Productions - SO4J.com
(Graphic #9 was a purchased Photo)
"14 WAYS WE ARE TO BE LIKE JESUS CHRIST" IS PROPERTY OF—
Copyright - Dakes Pub.