- Category: FALSE TEACHINGS
Top Ten Reasons Theophostic Prayer Ministry is Not Christian
By Rick Galarneau / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & Video Productions
TOP TEN REASONS THEOPHOSTIC PRAYER MINISTRY IS NOT CHRISTIAN - is an Article answering some of many problems, biblically, with Theophostic Counseling. If you need to first read up on some Summed Up info on what is TPM exactly go to: Theophostics - False Teaching - Summed Up Info
This main Article below on the "Top Ten Reasons Theophostic Prayer Ministry is Not Christian" is merely a Bullet Point List which goes along with an Audio that Rick Galarneau & Sam Madrid did on this Topic. This page is NOT an in-depth thorough Study on this topic. If you would like to read a more clearly explained article on Theophostics see the Article & Audio Llst below for more Detailed Articles on the Subject of Theophostics.
NOTE: Theophostics might seemingly work for you (so to speak)— what we're trying to warn about at SO4J-TV is that Theophostics is not 100% Biblical. i.e. Just because something Looks & Feels right, and is even called "Christian", and you've had a Great Experience with it does NOT make it Biblical! Example of being Deceived (but in a different way...please try and understand what we're trying to say) is found in: Matt 7:21,22-23 (hover over verse). People who called themselves "Christians" (i.e. called Jesus "LORD") and had said to Jesus that they had "Cast out Demons, and Healed people in Jesus' Name..." (it apparently "worked" for them to Cast out Demons....so to speak), yet Jesus will say "I Never Knew you, Depart from Me, you who Practice Lawlessness (Break God's Laws)."
We are to carefully Examine the Scriptures on everything (Acts 17:11), to make sure that what we: Say, Think, and Do is Biblical. Remember
"BEWARE of those whose FAITH is based on their own: IDEAS, FEELINGS, and what THEY THINK is right-- RATHER than on what GOD'S WORD says!" TRUST in JESUS & in GOD'S unfailing WORD!" [Matthew 7:24-27]
"If What You SAY, THINK, or DO is CONTRARY to God's Word, Then You Are Being DECEIVED!" —Quote by Martha Mac, SO4J-TV
- RELATED ARTICLES & AUDIOS
1 - ARTICLE: Theophostics: Unbiblical Teaching Wedded to Mystical Experience - By Bob DeWaay
2 - ARTICLE: Theophostics - Unbiblical False Teaching - Summed Up Info
3 - ARTICLE: Why Theophostic Prayer Ministry is Neither Prayer Nor Christian Ministry - By Bob DeWaay
4 - ARTICLE: Top Ten Reasons Theophostic Prayer Ministry is Not Christian - By Rick Galarneau
(The Article above: "Top 10 Reasons.." goes with the AUDIO directly below Re: "Dangers" of TPM)
5 - AUDIO: Theophostics - The Dangers of Theophostics Prayer Counseling Ministry - TPM - AUDIO
6 - AUDIO: Unbiblical Teachings of Theophostics - BY BOB DEWAAY - PT 1 - MP3
7 - AUDIO: Unbiblical Teachings of Theophostics - BY BOB DEWAAY - PT 2 - MP3
Top 10 Reasons Theophostic Prayer Ministry is Not Christian
By Rick Galarneau / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
- TPM WAS REVEALED TO IT'S FOUNDER ED SMITH IN A NON-ORDAINED WAY
- MAN'S GREATEST PROBLEM IS NOT "LIE BASED THINKING"
- LIVING A PAIN-FREE LIFE IS NOT A CALLING FOR EVERY BELIEVER
- NON-CHRISTIANS ARE INVITED TO BECOME TPM MINISTERS
- MINIMIZATION OF GOD'S GRACE
- IT IS NOT THE CASE THAT EVERY MAN IS IN NEED OF MIND RENEWAL
- TRUE BELIEVERS ARE NOT HELPLESS & TRAPPED IN THEIR OWN EMOTIONAL BONDAGE
- THERE IS NO ACT OF MAN REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ALLOW GOD TO SET HIM FREE
- REPENTANCE & APPROVAL OF THEOPHOSTICS PRAYER MINISTRY ARE NOT THE SAME
- THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MAINTENCE FREE CHRISTIAN WALK
1 - TPM Was Revealed to its Founder Ed Smith in a Non-Ordained Way
- Heb 1:1-2 (NKJV) "God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds."
Throughout history God has had ordained ways with which He has chosen to communicate with man. These ways have changed over the centuries. Many of these ways are no longer God’s ordained ways to communicate with man. In these last of last days God has chosen His written word (scripture) and His creation as his ordained ways to communicate with man.
Ed Smith prayed for and received the Theophostic Prayer Ministry method directly from God in a way that is not at this time ordained by God.
2 - Man’s Greatest Problem is Not “Lie-Based Thinking”
- Rom 6:22-23 (NKJV) "But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Man’s greatest problem is that he has been working hard his whole life to earn a place in a Christ-less eternity. This is the worst news possible. “Lie-based thinking” pales in comparison. Mainstream psychology once treated clients using very similar techniques but abandoned the whole process decades ago. Theophostic Prayer Ministry is basically a reintroduction of a failed psychological method laced with demonic mysticism. It is very dangerous and many individuals have lost their health and even family members in its wake. The frequent excuse when these individuals contact Smith regarding these issues is that the particular minister they were dealing with was “not trained well enough”. This is a sad excuse to the ruining of lives of ones who were made in God’s own image.
3 - Living a Pain-Free Life is Not a Calling For Every Believer
- John 16:33 (NKJV) "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
Theophostic Prayer Ministry’s aim is to have its recipients enter into a pain free life upon completion of the program. Since the bible says that Christians will have tribulation it is anti-Biblical to say that Theophostic Prayer Ministry can make a Christian tribulation free.
4 - Non-Christians are Invited to Become TPM Ministers
- 2 Cor 6:14 (NKJV) "Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?"
A posting on the worldwide web was found where a Theophostic Prayer Minister was soliciting “individuals gifted in healing” from around the world, irregardless of their religious affiliation to train to become Theophostic Prayer Ministers. This is anti-Biblical.
5 - Minimization of God’s Grace
- 2 Cor 12:9 (NKJV) "And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
So which is it? Is God’s grace enough for the believer or does he also need Theophostic Prayer Ministry?
6 - It is not the Case that Every Man is in Need of Mind Renewal
- 1 Cor 12:9 (NKJV) "For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ."
How could a believer want, let alone need, mind renewal when we have the mind of Christ?
7 - True Believers are Not Helpless and Trapped in their Own Emotional Bondage
- John 10:10 (NKJV) " The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
If Jesus grants unto you a softened heart you are no longer a slave to anything but Christ.
8 - There is No Act of Man Required in Order to Allow God to Set Him Free
- John 8:36 (NKJV) "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."
- Matt 22:14 (NKJV) “For many are called, but few are chosen.”
The Son chooses to set free any that he wills. A Theophostic Prayer Minister has absolutely nothing to do with it.
9 - Repentance & Approval of Theophostic Prayer Ministry are Not the Same
Theophostic Prayer Ministry did not exist before Ed Smith. Repentance has been here since Adam and Eve.
10 - There is No Such Thing as a Maintenance Free Christian Walk
In order for a believer to walk in a manner that is pleasing to God there is some regular maintenance.
Among which are fellowship, prayer, the continued study of God’s Word in addition to keeping the wolves away from God’s flock:
- Acts 20:29(NKJV) "For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock."
Theophostic Prayer Ministers are such savage wolves. Stay away! Repent while there is still time, and keep looking up for our soon coming King!
"TOP TEN REASONS THEOPHOSTIC PRAYER MINISTRY IS NOT CHRISTIAN"
Copyright By Rick Galarneau / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & Video Productions
"TOP TEN REASONS THEOPHOSTIC PRAYER MINISTRY IS NOT CHRISTIAN"
MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS
ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS COPYRIGHT INFORMATION & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
ALL GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT SO4J-TV & Video Productions - SO4J.com