- Category: REWARDS
Rewards In Heaven– Who Will Be Greatest In The Kingdom Of God?
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
REWARDS IN HEAVEN - WHO WILL BE THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD? Rewards are for True Christians at the Judgment Seat of Christ. Rewards for being: Faithful & Fruitful, who Endured & had Overcome: Suffering, Trials, and Tests. Rewards Scriptures: 2 Cor 5:10, Rom 14:10-11, 1 Cor 3:10-15
- 2 Corinthians 5:10-11 (NKJV) "For we must ALL (Believers) APPEAR before CHRIST to be JUDGED, that each one may RECEIVE the things DONE in the BODY, according to what he has done, whether GOOD or BAD. Knowing, therefore, the TERROR of the LORD, we Persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences."
- Romans 14:10-12 (NASB) "For we will ALL (Believers) stand before the JUDGMENT SEAT OF GOD. For it is written: "As I live, says the LORD, Every KNEE shall BOW to Me, and every TONGUE shall give PRAISE to God. So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God."
- 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (NASB) "According to the GRACE of GOD which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a FOUNDATION and another is building on it. But each man must be CAREFUL how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if any man BUILDS on the FOUNDATION with GOLD, SILVER, PRECIOUS STONES, WOOD, HAY, STRAW, each man’s work will become evident; for the DAY will show it because it is to be REVEALED with FIRE; and the FIRE itself will TEST the quality of each man’s WORK If any man’s WORK which he has BUILT on it REMAINS, he will receive a REWARD If any man’s WORK is BURNED UP, he will SUFFER LOSS but he HIMSELF will be SAVED, yet so as THROUGH FIRE."ccording to the Grace Of God which was given to me, as a wise master Builder I have laid the FOUNDATION, and another Builds on it. But let each one TAKE HEED how he builds on it. For no other Foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if anyone BUILDS on this FOUNDATION with GOLD, SILVER, PRECIOUS STONES, WOOD, HAY, STRAW, for each one's work will become clear; for the DAY will declare it, because it will be REVEALED by FIRE; and the FIRE will TEST each one's WORK, of what sort it is. If anyone's WORK which he has BUILT on it ENDURES, he will RECEIVE A REWARD. If anyone's WORK is BURNED, he will SUFFER LOSS; but he HIMSELF will be SAVED, yet so as THROUGH FIRE."
- Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (KJV) "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: FEAR GOD and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, For this is man's all. For God will bring EVERY WORK into JUDGMENT, including EVERY SECRET THING, whether GOOD or EVIL."
- Hebrews 9:27 "It is Appointed for men to die once, but after this the JUDGMENT"
- QUOTE FROM CHARLES SPURGEON [1834-1892]: “There are no CROWN-WEARERS in Heaven who were not CROSS-BEARERS here below."
- QUOTE FROM DR. DONALD GRAY BARNHOUSE [1985-1960]: "Let us live, then, in the light of eternity. If we do not, we are weighting the scales against our eternal welfare. We must understand that “what- soever a man soweth” must be taken in its widest meaning, and that every thought and intent of the heart will come under the scrutiny of the Lord and His coming. We can be sure that at the Judgment Seat of Christ there will be a marked difference between the Christian who has lived his life before the Lord, clearly discerning what was for the glory of God, and another Christian who was saved in a rescue mission at the tag end of a depraved and vicious life, or a nominal Christian saved on his deathbed after a life of self-pride, self-righteousness, self-love, and self-sufficiency. All will be in heaven, but the differences will be eternal. We may be sure that the consequences of our character will survive the grave and that we shall face those consequences at the Judgment Seat of Christ."– Quote by Donald Gray Barnhouse (Pastor, Preacher, Radio Pioneer, Theologian, Christian Author. As SO4J-TV's Pastor John MacArthur says: "Donald Barnhouse was a great Theologian and a great Preacher in the Reformed tradition and expositor of Scripture.") - This above quote is an excerpt from Randy Alcorn's excellent Book: “Money, Possessions, and Eternity.”
INTRO: In this Article we will see some of the MANY SCRIPTURES of the GREAT ETERNAL REWARDS IN HEAVEN for True Believers who endured: Trials, Tribulations, and Testing's by: Believing, Trusting, and Obeying God's Word on this Earth. We will simply show you what God's Word says about WHO exactly will be the GREATEST (so to speak) in the Kingdom of God & Heaven at the Judgment Seat of Christ? (1 Cor 3:10-15, Rom 14:10-12,2 Cor 5:10-11). Those Believers who were Faithful & Fruitful (Luke 19:17), who Endured & Overcame (Rev 2:26-27) Sin, Suffering, Trials, Tests, Temptations (James 1:12) by Believing & Obeying Gods Word— and who also Faithfully Taught God's Word (1 Peter 5:2-4, Matt 5:19)— giving up Everything for Jesus Christ (Mark 10:28-31), and who Served Jesus (1 Cor 4:4-5, Matt 25:23,29) with Right Motives...those who were Ready & Waiting for the Lord's Return (2 Tim 4:8) will have GREAT Eternal Rewards in Heaven. The Disciples asked Jesus the very same Question: Who Would Be the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven (?) here: Mark 9:33-37, Matthew 20:20-28, Matt 18:1-5. God uses TRIALS & TESTS in this life to either someday REWARD those who DID what He told them to DO at the Judgment Seat of Christ, OR He will JUDGE & PUNISH those who did NOT OBEY Jesus & God's Word at a separate Judgment for Unbelievers at the Great White Throne Judgment (Rev 20:11-16) sending them to Hell & the Lake of Fire.
- James 1:12 "GOD BLESSES those who patiently endure TESTING and TEMPTATION. Afterward they will receive the CROWN OF LIFE that God has promised to those who love him."
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 "EYE has NOT SEE, nor EAR HEARD, NOR have ENTERED into the HEART of MAN the things which GOD has PREPARED for those who LOVE HIM."
- REWARDS IN HEAVEN— WHO WILL BE THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD? - INTRO
- JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST - REWARDS IN HEAVEN FOR TRUE BELIEVERS
- CROWNS — FIVE MAIN CROWNS - REWARDS IN HEAVEN
- GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT - PUNISHMENT FOR UNSAVED / LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS
- EVERYTHING WE SAY, THINK, OR DO MATTERS FOR ALL ETERNITY!
- TRIALS & TESTS TURN TO GOLD - TRUE BELIEVERS ARE TESTED NOW & REWARDED LATER
- WHO WILL BE THE "GREATEST" IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD?
- DON'T LOSE YOUR REWARDS— MAKE USE OF ALL OPPORTUNITIES
RELATED TOPICS OFF THIS PAGE:
- REWARDS IN HEAVEN - 1 - WHO WILL BE THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD?
- REWARDS IN HEAVEN - 2 - FOR OBEYING GOD'S WORD - 1,050 NT COMMANDS
- REWARDS IN HEAVEN - 3 - FIVE CROWNS & REWARDS IN HEAVEN
- REWARDS IN HEAVEN - 4 - ETERNAL REWARDS FROM GOD FOR GODLY CHRISTIANS
- REWARDS IN HEAVEN - 5 - JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST & REWARDS
- GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT (REVELATION 20:11-15)
- HEAVEN - WHAT IS HEAVEN LIKE?
- HELL - SCRIPTURES & FACTS
- HELL & THE LAKE OF FIRE
1 - Rewards in Heaven— Who Will be the Greatest in the Kingdom of God?
As we said above, God is setting up His Eternal Kingdom, and He uses TRIALS & TESTS to either someday REWARD those who DID what He told them to DO, or to PUNISH those who were REBELLIOUS, and who REJECTED His Son, Jesus Christ, and God's Word. God will REWARD those FAITHFUL Believer's for their Faithful obedience to His Word and doing so out of a Love for Jesus Christ (John 14:15) as shown here in Matthew 5:19.
- Matthew 5:19 (KJV) Jesus says: "Whosoever therefore shall BREAK one of these LEAST COMMANDMENTS, and shall TEACH MEN SO, he shall be called the LEAST in the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: but whosoever shall DO & TEACH THEM, the same shall be called GREAT in the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN."
JOHN MACARTHUR TALKING ABOUT MATTHEW 5:19 and the BELIEVER'S REWARDS—
- QUOTE FROM JOHN MACARTHUR ABOUT MATTHEW 5:19: "The consequences of Practicing or Teaching disobedience of ANY of God's Word is to be called LEAST in the Kingdom of Heaven (1 Cor 3:15). Determining RANK IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is entirely God's prerogative (Matt 20:20-28), and Jesus declares that He will hold those in LOWEST ESTEEM who hold HIS WORD IN LOW ESTEEM. There is no impunity (free from punishment) for Believers who: DISOBEY, DISCREDIT, OR BELITTLE GOD'S LAW (God's Word)—see 2 Cor 5:10 below. That Jesus does not refer to loss of salvation is clear from the fact, that though offenders will be called LEAST, they will still be in the Kingdom of Heaven. The Positive result is that whoever KEEPS and TEACHES GOD'S WORD, he shall be called GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. Here again Jesus mentions the TWO aspects of DOING AND TEACHING. Kingdom citizens are to uphold EVERY part of God's Laws (God's Word) both in their LIVING and in their TEACHING."
[John MacArthur is SO4J-TV's Senior Pastor at Grace Community Church, CA - GraceChurch.org & GTY.org]
FROM SO4J-TV: Jesus is telling us in Matthew 5:19 that we are NOT to Ignore or Minimize any of God's Word. In fact, a True Believer is to Obey, and then Teach His Word, and His Commandments to others. We Teach others by being a GOOD EXAMPLE FOR OTHERS TO FOLLOW too. This leads to Rewards in Heaven by Jesus— who will someday commend & reward those who Obeyed & Taught His Commandments to others as being called "GREAT IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN."
JOHN MACARTHUR TALKS ABOUT HOW BELIEVER'S ALSO "TEACH" THROUGH EXAMPLE:
- QUOTE FROM JOHN MACARTHUR: "Jesus’ warning does NOT simply apply to Official or Formal Teachers. EVERY PERSON TEACHES. By our EXAMPLE we continually help those around us either to be MORE OBEDIENT or MORE DISOBEDIENT. We also TEACH by what we SAY. When we speak lovingly and respectfully of God’s Word, we TEACH LOVE AND RESPECT FOR IT (GOD'S WORD). When we speak disparagingly or slightingly of God’s Word, we teach DISREGARD AND DISRESPECT FOR IT (GOD'S WORD). When we IGNORE its demands, we give LOUD TESTIMONY to its UNIMPORTANCE to us."
MORE ON THIS GO TO: REWARDS IN HEAVEN - 2 - FOR OBEYING GOD'S WORD - 1,050 NT COMMANDS
Scriptures on: Who Will Be the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?
The Disciples themselves argued over which one of them would be the Greatest in the Kingdom Heaven, here is what Jesus said—
- Mark 9:33-37 Jesus asked His Disciples, “What were you discussing out on the road?” But they didn’t answer, because they had been ARGUING ABOUT WHICH OF THEM WAS THE GREATEST. He sat down, called the Twelve Disciples over to Him, and said, (35) “Whoever wants to be FIRST must take LAST PLACE and be the SERVANT OF EVERYONE ELSE.” Then He put a LITTLE CHILD among them. Taking the Child in His arms, He said to them, “Anyone who welcomes a LITTLE CHILD like this on MY BEHALFWELCOMES ME, and anyone who welcomes Me welcomes not only Me but also My Father who sent Me.”
- Matthew 18:1-5 The Disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN?” Jesus called a LITTLE CHILD to Him and put the Child among them. Then He said, “I tell you the truth, unless you Turn from your Sins and become (Humble) like LITTLE CHILDREN, you will NEVER get into the Kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as HUMBLE AS THIS CHILD IS THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. “And anyone who welcomes a LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME."
- Matthew 20:20-28 Then the Mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor. “What is your request?” he asked. She replied, “In your Kingdom, please let my two sons sit in PLACES OF HONOR NEXT TO YOU, one on your RIGHT and the other on your LEFT.” But Jesus answered by saying to them, “YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ASKING! Are you able to drink from the BITTER CUP OF SUFFERING I am about to drink?” “Oh yes,” they replied, “we are able!” Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from my bitter cup. But I have no right to say who will sit on my right or my left. MY FATHER HAS PREPARED THOSE PLACES FOR THE ONES HE HAS CHOSEN.” When the Ten other Disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant. But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the Rulers in this World LORD IT OVER THEIR PEOPLE, and officials FLAUNT THEIR AUTHORITY OVER THOSE UNDER THEM. BUT AMONG YOU IT WILL BE DIFFERENT. Whoever wants to be a LEADER you must be your SERVANT, and whoever wants to be FIRST among you must become your SLAVE. For even the Son of Man came NOT TO BE SERVED but to SERVE OTHERS and to give his life as a RANSOM FOR MANY.”
Millennial Reign of Christ & True Believers on Earth
During the Millennium (1000 year Reign of Jesus on Earth), True Believers throughout the ages will be given Authority— they will Rule & Reign with Jesus Christ for 1,000 years.
- Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and Holy are those who share in the first resurrection. For them the second death holds no power, but they will be PRIESTS OF GOD AND OF CHRIST and will REIGN WITH HIM (Jesus) a THOUSAND YEARS."
- Revelation 1:6 "He has made us a KINGDOM OF PRIESTS for God His Father. All Glory and Power to Him Forever and Ever!"
- Matthew 19:28 “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his Glorious Throne, you who have been My Followers will also sit on twelve thrones, JUDGING the Twelve Tribes of Israel.
- Revelation 3:21 Jesus says, "Those who are Victorious (overcome) will SIT WITH ME ON MY THRONE, just as I was Victorious and sat with my Father on His throne."
- Daniel 12:3 "Those who are WISE will shine as BRIGHT as the SKY, and those who LEAD MANY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS will SHINE LIKE THE STARS FOREVER."
- Matthew 13:43 Jesus says, "Then the RIGHTEOUS will SHINE LIKE THE SUN in their Father’s Kingdom."
Positions of Authority Will Be Given To The Lord's Faithful & Fruitful Servants
Their Positions of Authority will be determined by how they conducted themselves, their Faithfulness to Jesus and to God's Word during their very short time on Earth.
- Matthew 25:21 Jesus says, "Well done, my GOOD and FAITHFUL SERVANT. You have been FAITHFUL in handling this SMALL AMOUNT, so now I will give you MANY MORE responsibilities."
- Luke 19:17 'Well done!’ the King exclaimed. ‘You are a GOOD SERVANT. You have been FAITHFUL WITH THE LITTLE I entrusted to you, so you will be GOVENOR OF TEN CITIES AS YOUR REWARD’...(19) “‘Well done!’ the King said. ‘You will be GOVENOR OF FIVE CITIES...’
Their Eternal Inheritance is from God
God the Father determines (chooses) ahead of time His people's positions of Authority; and Jesus will hand out their Inheritance.
- Ephesians 1:11 "Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an INHERITANCE FROM GOD, for He CHOSE US IN ADVANCE, and He makes everything work out according to HIS PLAN."
- Mark 10:40 Jesus says, "But I have no right to say who will sit on My right or My left. GOD has PREPARED THOSE PLACES FOR THE ONES HE HAS CHOSEN.”
- Colossians 3:24 "Remember that the LORD will give you an INHERITANCE as your REWARD, and that the MASTER you are serving is CHRIST."
Now let's take a look at the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST, which is the Day that God (Jesus) hands out His Rewards and Inheritance for His Faithful Servants.
2 - Judgment Seat of Christ - Rewards in Heaven for True Believers
Someday the Lord Jesus will return from Heaven to Earth to Judge the World (2 Thess 1:7-12). He will either Punish the UNGODLY & UNFAITHFUL Lukewarm Christians (UNSAVED People who THOUGHT they were Saved) at the: GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGMENT - (Rev 20:11-16) for Rejecting Him & Refusing to Obey (Disobeyed) His Word.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-12 (NKJV) "..When the LORD JESUS is Revealed from HEAVEN with His MIGHTYANGELS, in FLAMING FIRE taking VENGEANCE on those who do NOT know God, and on those who do NOT OBEY the GOSPEL of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. These shall be PUNISHED with EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION from the Presence of the LORD and from the GLORY of HIS POWER, when He comes, in that DAY, to be GLORIFIED in His SAINTS and to be ADMIRED among ALL those who BELIEVE, because our TESTIMONY among you was BELIEVED. Therefore we also PRAY always for YOU that our GOD would Count you WORTHY of this CALLING, and FULFILL ALL the GOOD PLEASURE of HIS GOODNESS and the WORK of FAITH with POWER, that the Name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST may be GLORIFIED in YOU, and YOU in HIM, according to the GRACE of our GOD and the LORD JESUS CHRIST."
He will Reward His Holy People for FAITFULLY SERVING JESUS at the: JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST - (1 Cor 3:10-15, Rom 14:10-12, 2 Cor 5:10-11) and for being Obedient to God's Word. We will look at the True Believers Judgment first— which is about a Day of Rewards. For some True Believers it will however be a lack of Eternal Rewards (1 Cor 3:15).
True Believers & Faithful Servants of Jesus ARE The Bride of Christ - Faithful & Blameless
- Revelation 19:7-9 "Let us be Glad and Rejoice, and let us give Honor to Him. For the time has come for the Wedding Feast of the Lamb, and HIS BRIDE HAS PREPARED HERSELF. She has been given the FINEST OF PURE WHITE LINEN TO WEAR. For the FINE LINEN REPRESENTS THE GOOD DEEDS OF GOD'S HOLY PEOPLE. And the Angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.” And he added, “These are True Words that come from God."
- Ephesians 5:27 "He (Jesus) did this to present her (the Church) to Himself as a GLORIOUS CHURCH WITHOUT A SPOT OR WRINKLE OR ANY OTHER BLEMISH (BLAMELESS). Instead, she will be HOLY AND WITHOUT FAULT."
True Believers, who were Faithful Servants of Jesus on Earth, they glorified God by producing much Good Fruit (Good Deeds & Spreading/Sharing God's Seed— which is God's Word) for the Lord (John 15:8). They will appear before Jesus at the Judgment Seat of Christ & will be Rewarded for all the Good Works they did for Jesus. Some Believers will suffer the Loss of Rewards (1 Cor 3:15), but No Punishment. The Unfaithful Servant or Lukewarm "Christian" (so to speak) will NOT be at this Judgment, they will appear before Jesus at the Great White Throne Judgment, which we will talk about below, and will be proven to have been a False Convert, like Judas.
The ONLY WAY to PROVE (Validate) that you are a True Christian is your Obedience to Jesus & God's Word. We are NOT saved by our Works, but we must show Evidence that we are True Christians by our "Fruit" or Obedience to Jesus— out of our Love for Him (John 14:15). You can Read the SO4J Bible Studies on Obedience Here: Is Obedience to Jesus Necessary for Salvation?
- Matthew 7:15-20 Jesus says, "You will know them by their FRUITS..."
- James 2:14-26 "What good is it, dear Brothers and Sisters, if you say you have FAITH but don’t show it by your ACTIONS? Can that kind of FAITH save anyone? Suppose you see a Brother or Sister who has no Food or Clothing, and you say, “Good-bye and have a Good Day; stay warm and eat well”—but then you don’t give that person any Food or Clothing. What good does that do? So you see, FAITH by itself isn’t enough. Unless it PRODUCES GOOD DEEDS, it is DEAD and USELESS. Now someone may argue, “Some people have FAITH; OTHERS HAVE GOOD DEEDS.” But I say, “How can you show me your FAITH if you don’t have GOOD DEEDS? I will show you MY FAITH BY MY GOOD DEEDS.” You say you have FAITH, for you BELIEVE that there is one God. Good for you! Even the Demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can’t you see that FAITH WITHOUT GOOD DEEDS IS USELESS? Don’t you remember that our Ancestor Abraham was SHOWN to be RIGHT with GOD by his ACTIONS when he offered his Son Isaac on the Altar? You see, his FAITH and HIS ACTIONS WORKED TOGETHER. HIS ACTIONS MADE HIS FAITH COMPLETE. And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham BELIEVED God, and God counted him as RIGHTEOUS because of his FAITH.” He was even called the Friend of God. So you see, we are shown to be RIGHT with GOD by what we DO, not by FAITH alone..."
Also, you CANNOT "PRACTICE" SIN (1 John 3:8-10), and still call yourself a "Christian" and get into Heaven— (Heb 10:26-39) this type of person is merely a FALSE CONVERT and/or APOSTATE (they come to the Edge of Saving Faith, but don't endure in the Word) True & False Conversion Video / Re: Parable of the Sower) who will be proven "GUILTY" by Jesus, and will Perish (like the Disciple Judas - Luke 6:13-16). Judas was a Thief who regularly stole from Jesus' Ministry (John 12:6). He practiced Sin on a daily basis, and did not give up everything to follow Jesus (Luke 16:10-13). By the way, there is a difference between being a Lukewarm "Christian" (which is an UNSAVED Person who THINKS their Saved..a False Convert - Matt 7:21-23) vs a DISOBEDIENT True Christian-- who stumbles into Sin, and/or becomes weak in their Faith like King David (1 Thess 5:14. Psalms 51).
Practicing Sin Scriptures— READ: Heb 10:26-39, 1 John 3:6-10, 1 John 5:18)
Go to:Judgments of God For Sin for more Scriptures like these
At the Judgment Seat of Christ - The True Believers "Works" are put through Fire
The Saved (God's Holy Obedient people) will be Judged and REWARDED for their "WORKS", and on what they DID for Jesus. They will be Rewarded for their FAITH & GOOD DEEDS that they did in their Bodies on this Earth, or they will SUFFER A LOSS OF REWARDS. (1 Cor 3:10-15) Their sins have been "Paid in Full" at the Cross (Col 2:13-15), so they will NOT be Judged and Punished along with the rest of the unbelieving world for their sins.
1 Corinthians 3:10-15 (NKJV) “According to the Grace Of God which was given to me, as a wise master Builder I have laid the FOUNDATION, and another Builds on it. But let each one TAKE HEEDhow he builds on it. For no other Foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if anyone BUILDS on this FOUNDATION with GOLD, SILVER, PRECIOUS STONES, WOOD, HAY, STRAW, for each one's work will become clear; for the DAY will declare it, because it will be REVEALED by FIRE; and the FIRE will TEST each one's WORK, of what sort it is. If anyone's WORK which he has BUILT on it ENDURES, he will RECEIVE A REWARD. If anyone's WORK is BURNED, he will SUFFER LOSS; but he HIMSELF will be SAVED, yet so as THROUGH FIRE."
Jesus will someday be the Judge of every persons Life. He has been Examining our Motives & Heart— keeping an Account. He will give to every Believer whatever Praise is due; and to the Lukewarm Disobedient— their "Reward" will be Everlasting Punishment. Rom 6:23 "The Wages of Sin is Death"
- 1 Corinthians 4:4-5 "It is the Lord himself who will EXAMINE ME and decide. So don’t make Judgments about anyone ahead of time—before the Lord Returns. For He will bring our Darkest Secrets to light and WILL REVEAL OUR PRIVATE MOTIVES. Then God will give to each one whatever PRAISE IS DUE."
God's Word exhorts us to: Examine our Lives NOW (2 Cor 13:5), as we will have to give an Account someday to Jesus for Everything we: Say, Think, Do ...whether you are a Believer or Not. A True Believer's sins have been Forgiven— but they will still have to answer for Jesus. Their Payment (so to speak) for Faith & Obedience to God's Word will be the Salvation of their Souls.
- 1 Peter 1:9 "The Reward for Trusting Him will be the Salvation of your Souls."
Everyone will Reap exactly what they have sown. (Gal 6:4-10)
Loss of Rewards
There will be a LOSS OF REWARDS for certain True Believers (1 Cor 3:14-15). God's Word does not reveal to us all that that entails, but what we do know is that: However much a True Believer Obeys his Master (Jesus), they WILL BE REWARDED, and we see this in the Rewards of the: Parable of Talents (Matt 25:14-30) and in the: Parable of the Ten Servants (Luke 19:11-48).
We should take NOTHING for granted. We should Fear God (Phil 2:12-16), and live Holy Lives (1 Pet 1:13-17).
For if we think we can "TAKE IT EASY" and be a "DO NOTHING LAZY CHRISTIAN" (like Jesus alludes to in Matt 25:14-30 calling the Servant WICKED & LAZY because he didn't Serve, etc.) we are NOT applying Faith— which is Obedience to God's Word, and this is NOT pleasing to the Lord at all (Heb 11:6). This type of person is FAITHLESS; and he will PERISH (Matt 25:28-30). There ARE True Believers with little or weak Faith (Rev 3:8), and they are NOTLukewarm, but they do WASTE some of their: Talents, Time, Money, Spiritual Gifts, and Opportunities that God gave them to Serve Him— these type of Christians will have their WORK THEY DID FOR JESUS put through the Fire 1 Cor 3:10-15— and they will SUFFER GREAT LOSS! Only the Lord knows the Faith & Strength of each person; and if they are Genuine Believers or not. We CAN OVERCOME SIN & LAZINESS, and use all of our God given OPPORTUNITIES to SERVE JESUS— and we do so through CHRIST, who gives us the STRENGTH! (Phil 4:13)
- 1 Corinthians 3:15 (NKJV) If anyone's WORK which he has BUILT on it ENDURES, he will RECEIVE A REWARD. If anyone's WORK is BURNED, he will SUFFER LOSS; but he HIMSELF will be SAVED, yet so as THROUGH FIRE."(More about this Scripture below)
Once again, Faith is: Hearing, Believing, which leads to Obeying God's Word out of a Love for Jesus (John 14:15, 1 John 2:3-6).
- Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV) "WITHOUT FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to PLEASE HIM, for he who comes to God must BELIEVE that He is, and that HE is a REWARDER of those who DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM." (those who are not "Taking it Easy"...)
We should Heed the Warnings from Jesus to be a Bride that is Ready for His Appearing (wearing the White Spotless Wedding Dress).....Holy— and without Spot or Wrinkle.
Ephesians 5:27 "He (Jesus) did this to present her (the Church) to Himself as a GLORIOUS CHURCH WITHOUT A SPOT OR WRINKLE OR ANY OTHER BLEMISH. Instead, she will be HOLY AND WITHOUT FAULT."
(1 Tim 6:14, 2 Pet 3:11-15, Rev 19:7-9)
We should be Ready and waiting for the Return of Jesus at ALL times: Luke 12:35-47 ; Wise Virgin Matt 25:1-13 and also Heed his warning against being a Lazy Servant in:Matt 25:24-30
3 - Five Crowns & Rewards in Heaven - For Believers Works Here
For a Complete Study Go To: Five Crowns & Rewards in Heaven
- CROWN 1 - CROWN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS - LOVED THE LORD'S APPEARING (2 Tim 4:8)
- CROWN 2 - INCORRUPTIBLE CROWN - DISCIPLINED BODIES & HAD SELF-CONTROL (1 Cor 9:25-27)
- CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE – ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU: TESTINGS & TRIALS (Jam 1:12, Rev 2:10)
- CROWN 4 - CROWN OF GLORY - LEADERS WHO WERE GODLY EXAMPLES TO FLOCK (1 Pet 5:2-4)
- CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING - SOUL WINNER CROWN (1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3)
4 - Great White Throne Judgment
The Punishment For: Unbelievers & Unfaithful Lukewarm "Christians"
The Lost & Lukewarm Will Be Judged, and will
Appear Before Jesus at the Great White Throne Judgment
The UNSAVED (Lost & Unfaithful professing so-called "Christian" i.e. Lukewarm "Christian" i.e. False Converts) will be Judged by Jesus at the end of the Millennial (1,000 yr) Reign of Jesus Christ on the Earth, and will be punished for Eternity. Their Names do NOT appear in the BOOK OF LIFE (written in from the foundation of the world); and they will be cast into the LAKE OF FIRE (Rev 21:8).
- Revelation 20:11-16 "And I saw a GREAT WHITE THRONE, and I saw the one who was sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's Throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were Judged according to the things written in the Books, according to what they had done. The sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the grave gave up the dead in them. They were all Judged according to their deeds. And death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the Lake of Fire. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the BOOK OF LIFE was thrown into the Lake of Fire."
MANY will have been deceived by Satan (Rev 12:9), and MANY will have been found to have been Lukewarm False Converts or False "Christians" (Matt 7:21-23), and MANY will have rejected Jesus. (Rev 20:11-16)
- Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus warns, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who Do the Will of My Father in Heaven will enter. On JUDGMENT DAYMANY will say to Me 'Lord! Lord! We Prophesied, Cast out demons, and Performed many Miracles in Your Name.' But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who break God's Laws (or practice lawlessness)."
He Cuts Off Every Branch That Does Not Produce Good Fruit
- John 15:6 Jesus says, "He cuts off every branch of Mine that DOESN'T PRODUCE FRUIT, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more...(6) Anyone who does NOT REMAIN IN ME is THROWN AWAY LIKE A USELESS BRANCH and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to BE BURNED...(8) When you PRODUCE MUCH FRUIT, you are my TRUE DISCIPLES. This brings GREAT GLORY to my Father."
5 - Everything that we Say, Think, or Do in This Life Matters - For All Eternity
- Matthew 12:36 Jesus says, "You must give an ACCOUNT on Judgment Day of EVERY IDLE WORD you speak."
- Luke 12:2-3 Jesus says, “For there is NOTHING COVERED THAT WILL NOT BE REVEALED, nor HIDDEN THAT WILL NOT BE KNOWN. Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops.”
- Romans 2:16 "The Day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will JUDGE EVERYONE'S SECRET LIFE."
- 1 Timothy 5:24 "Remember that some people lead sinful lives, and everyone knows they will be JUDGED. But there are others whose sin will not be revealed until later."
- 1 Peter 1:17 And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites when He Judges. He will JUDGE OR REWARD YOU ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU DO. So you must live in Reverent Fear of Him during your time as foreigners here on earth.
- Matthew 16:27 Jesus says, "I will come in the Glory of my Father with his Angels and will JUDGE ALL PEOPLE ACCORDING TO THEIR DEEDS."
- Acts 17:31 For He (God) has set a DAY FOR JUDGING THE WORLD with justice by the man (Jesus) he has appointed, and He proved to everyone who this is by raising Him from the dead.
- 1 Corinthians 11:31-32 But if we EXAMINE OURSELVES, we will not be EXAMINED BY GOD AND JUDGED IN THIS WAY. But when we are JUDGED AND DISCIPLINED BY THE LORD, we will not be condemned with the world."
- 2 Timothy 4:8 "And now the prize awaits me—the Crown of Righteousness that the Lord, the RIGHTEOUS JUDGE, will give me on that GREAT DAY OF HIS RETURN. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his Glorious Return."
- Revelation 22:12 Jesus says, "Behold! I am coming quickly, and My REWARD is with ME, to RENDER (REWARD) to every man according to what he has DONE."
- 1 Corinthians 4:5 (NKJV) "Therefore Judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to LIGHT the HIDDEN things of DARKNESS and REVEAL the COUNSELS of the HEARTS. Then EACH one's PRAISE will come from GOD."
- Hebrews 9:27 "It is Appointed for men to die once, but after this the JUDGMENT."
- 1 John 4:17 "And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the DAY OF JUDGMENT, but we can face him with confidence because we are LIKE CHRIST HERE IN THIS WORLD."
- James 5:9 "Don't GRUMBLE ABOUT EACH OTHER, my brothers and sisters, or God will JUDGE you. For look! The GREAT JUDGE IS COMING. He is standing at the door!"
- 2 Peter 2:3-5 "For God did not spare even the Angels when they sinned; he threw them into Hell, in gloomy caves and darkness until the JUDGMENT DAY. And God did not spare the ancient world—except for Noah and his family of seven. Noah warned the world of GOD'S RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT. Then God destroyed the whole world of ungodly people with a vast flood."
- Jude 1:23 "Rescue others by snatching them from the FLAMES OF JUDGMENT. There are still others to whom you need to show mercy, but be careful that you aren't contaminated by their sins."
- 1 Corinthians 3:8 "The one who plants and the one who waters WORK TOGETHER with the same purpose. And BOTH will be REWARDED for their OWN HARD WORK."
6 - Trials & Tests Turn to Gold - Believers are Tested Now & Rewarded Later
God is setting up His Eternal Kingdom, and He uses TRIALS & TESTS to either someday REWARD those who DID what He told them to DO, or to PUNISH those who were REBELLIOUS, and who REJECTED His Son, and God's Word.
- James 1:12 God blesses those who patiently endure TESTING and TEMPTATION. Afterward they will receive the CROWN OF LIFE that God has promised to those who love him.
- Revelation 2:10 Don’t be afraid of what you are about to suffer. The devil will throw some of you into prison to TEST YOU. You will SUFFER for ten days. But if you REMAIN FAITHFUL even when facing death, I will give you the CROWN OF LIFE.
Everything during our lifetime will have been TESTED—
our: CHARACTER, FAITFHULNESS, ATTITUDES, MOTIVES...
We Will be TESTED on How Well we Handled— MONEY & MATERIAL POSSESSIONS
We will (and are) be TESTED on these things— our ATTITUDE, FAITHFULNESS, and HOW WELL WE USED & MANAGED OUR: NATURAL GIFTS & GOD GIVEN ABILITIES, TIME, TALENTS, MONEY, and MATERIAL POSSESSIONS that God gave us. We will have been TESTED on our: OBEDIENCE TO JESUS & GOD'S WORD, as well as our OBEDIENCE TO BE "SEEKING & SAVING THE LOST" (like Jesus) THROUGH THE— PREACHING & TEACHING OF GOD'S WORD, and so on.
Those who will be REWARDED BY JESUS, are those who ENDURED THE FIREY TESTINGS & THE TEMPTATIONS OF EVIL, and those who had REMAINED FAITHFUL & OBEDIENT TO JESUS AND TO GOD'S WORD. The Greater your Sacrifice & Service for Jesus, and the more that you Suffered (put the flesh under) and gave up your Sinful Nature, the GREATER YOUR REWARD. So the Greater the Suffering (done with the Lord's Strength of course)— the Greater the Glory.
Those that GREATLY MULTIPLY and ARE FAITHFUL with what God gives them shall be made RULERS OVER MUCH. Those that do NOT Greatly Multiply what God gives them shall be made RULERS OVER A SMALLER AMOUNT.
Those Disobedient & Rebellious so called "Christians" which will NOT Serve Jesus will Perish in Hell.
We must apply Genuine Faith & Obedience to God's Word RIGHT NOW— as we endure the MANY TESTINGS & TRIALS of our Faith.
1 Peter 1:3-10 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his Great Mercy that we have been BORN AGAIN, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, and we have a PRICELSS INHERITANCE— AN INHERITANCE that is kept in Heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. And through your FAITH, God is PROTECTING YOU BY HIS POWER until you receive this Salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the Last Day for all to see. So be truly glad. There is WONDERFUL JOY ahead, even though you have to ENDURE MANY TRIALS FOR A LITTLE WHILE. These TRIALS will show that your FAITH IS GENUINE. It is being TESTED AS FIRE TESTS & PURIFIES GOLD— though your FAITH is far more PRECIOUS than mere gold. So when your FAITH REMAINS STRONG trough MANY TRIALS, it will bring you MUCH PRAISE AND GLORY AND HONOR ON THE DAY WHEN Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. You LOVE HIM even though you have NEVER SEEN HIM. Though you do NOT SEE HIM now, YOU TRUST HIM; and you rejoice with a Glorious, inexpressible Joy. The Reward for trusting Him will be the Salvation of your Souls. This Salvation was something even the Prophets wanted to know more about when they prophesied about this Gracious salvation PREPARED FOR YOU."
Some Believers will be made Rulers over: Thousands, Hundreds, Fifties, or Tens of people.
Some Believers will be made Rulers over: Cities, some over Nations.
The Bottom line for us RIGHT NOW is this: DON'T WASTE YOUR GOD GIVEN OPPORTUNITIES TO USE EVERYTHING THAT GOD HAS GIVEN YOU FOR HIS GLORY. Don't hold back ANYTHING that the Lord has given you, and don't think anything is too small and insignificant. It is NEVER too small a thing when we Encourage fellow Believers (Thess 5:11), or use Gospel Tracts to share GOD's WORD and: Warn & Preach the True Gospel to the Lost / Lukewarm (Luke 19:10; 2 Tim 4:1-5; Heb 4:12-16). Jesus lets us know that He is NOT overlooking the SMALL DEEDS or WHO IT'S DONE FOR:
- Matthew 10:42 Jesus says, "If you give even a CUP OF COLD WATER to one of the LEAST OF MY FOLLOWERS, you will surely be REWARDED.”
The Lord wants us to use ALL of our: TIME, TALENTS, AND MONEY for the Glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you Eat or Drink, or WHATEVER YOU DO, do it ALL for the GLORY OF GOD.
THOSE WHO WORKED HARD FOR JESUS WILL BE REWARDED
(Christ working through them)
Philippians 2:12-13 "Work out your own salvation with fear & trembling, obeying God with deep Reverence and Fear. FOR GOD IS WORKING IN YOU, GIVING YOU THE DESIRE AND THE POWER TO DO WHAT PLEASES HIM."
By the end of each day, a True Believer should be Worn Out (so to speak), in a Good Way, because they've been WORKING HARD (Heb 6:10), to Obey Jesus & God's Word (1 John 2:3-6), because of their GREAT LOVE FOR JESUS (John 14:15)— knowing that our time on this Earth is so short (James 4:13-17) and Eternity is Forever; and we will ALL have to give an Account for our lives, and what we did for Jesus. (see The Parable of the Talents below)
- Hebrews 6:10 "For God is NOT unjust. He will NOT forget how HARD YOU HAVE WORKED FOR HIM and how you have SHOWN YOUR LOVE TO HIM BY CARING FOR OTHER BELIEVERS, as you still do."
- 2 Peter 1:10-11"So, dear Brothers and Sisters, WORK HARD to prove that you really are among those God has CALLED & CHOSEN. DO THESE THINGS, and you will NEVER FALL AWAY. Then God will give you a GRAND ENTRANCE INTO THE ETERNAL KINGDOM of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
- 1 Corinthians 3:8 The one who plants and the one who waters WORK TOGETHER with the same purpose. And BOTH will be REWARDED FOR THEIR OWN HARD WORK.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 Always WORK ENTHUSIASTICALLY FOR THE LORD, for you know that NOTHING YOU DO for the Lord is EVER useless.
God's Holy People will Possess the Kingdom with Him, and they will Rule & Reign with Jesus Forever
- Daniel 7:18 In the End, the HOLY PEOPLE of the Most High will be given the Kingdom, and they will RULEFOREVER AND EVER.
- Daniel 7:27 Then the Sovereignty, Power, and Greatness of all the Kingdoms under heaven will be given to the HOLY PEOPLE (True Believers) of the Most High (Jesus). HIS KINGDOM will last FOREVER, and all RULERS will SERVE and OBEY HIM.
- Revelation 2:26-27 Jesus says, "To all who are VICTORIOUS & OVERCOME (overcome Sin & Temptations through the power of Jesus), who OBEY ME to the VERY END, to them I will give Authority over all the Nations. They will Rule the Nations with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots."
7 - So Who Will be the Greatest in the Kingdom of God?
1 - SERVED the Most (Matt 23:11-12)
2 - OBEYED & TAUGHT God's Word / Preached the Gospel (Matt 5:19)
3 - Used Their: Time, Talents, & Money - With Right Motives (Matt 25:23)
4 - Gave Up Everything For Jesus
1 - The GREATEST in the Kingdom of God Will Be:
Those Who SERVED Jesus & Others the Most, and who
SUFFERED & DECREASED THEMSELVES The Most For the Sake of Jesus
Those who are Greatest in the Kingdom of God will be those who Served the Most— those who SUFFERED, & DECREASED themselves the Most
- Matthew 23:11-12 Jesus says, "The Greatest among you must be a SERVANT. But those who EXALT THEMSELVES will be HUMBLED, and those who HUMBLE themselves will be EXALTED."
- John 3:30 John the Baptist— "He (Jesus) must become GREATER and GREATER, and I must become LESS AND LESS."
- Luke 6:35 Jesus says, “Love your ENEMIES!DO GOOD TO THEM. Lend to them without expecting to be repaid. Then your REWARD FROM HEAVEN WILL BE VERY GREAT, and you will truly be acting as Children of the Most High, for He is kind to those who are unthankful and wicked."
- Matt 10:42 Jesus says, "If you give even a cup of cold water to one of the LEAST OF MY FOLLOWERS, you will surely be REWARDED.”
- Mark 9:41 Jesus says, "If anyone GIVES YOU you even a cup of water because you BELONG to the Messiah, I tell you the truth, that person will surely be REWARDED."
- Mark 9:33-37 Jesus asked his Disciples, “What were you discussing out on the road?” But they didn’t answer, because they had been Arguing about which of them was the Greatest. He (Jesus) sat down, called the Twelve Disciples over to him, and said, “Whoever wants to be FIRST must take LAST PLACE and be the SERVANT OF EVERYONE ELSE.”
- Hebrews 11:24-26 It was by faith that Moses, when he grew up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. He chose to SHARE IN THE OPPRESSION OF GOD'S PEOPLE instead of ENJOYING THE FLEETING PLEASURES OF SIN. He thought it was better to SUFFER FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST than to own the Treasures of Egypt, for he was looking ahead to his GREAT REWARD.
- Matthew 20:20-28 Then the Mother of James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Jesus with her sons. She knelt respectfully to ask a favor. “What is your request?” he asked. She replied, “In your Kingdom, please let my two sons sit in places of honor next to you, one on your right and the other on your left.” But Jesus answered by saying to them, “You don’t know what you are asking! Are you able to drink from the bitter cup of SUFFERING I am about to drink?” “Oh yes,” they replied, “we are able!” Jesus told them, “You will indeed drink from my bitter cup. But I have no right to say who will sit on my right or my left. My Father has prepared those places for the ones He has Chosen.” When the Ten other Disciples heard what James and John had asked, they were indignant. But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the Rulers in this World lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their Authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a LEADER you must be your SERVANT, and whoever wants to be FIRST among you must become your SLAVE. For even the Son of Man came NOT TO BE SERVED but to SERVE OTHERS and to give his life as a ransom for MANY.”
- GO TO: ARTICLE / AUDIO: JUDGMENT OF THE NATIONS - PART 3 (John MacArthur)
- Matthew 25:31-46 Jesus says, “But when the Son of Man comes in His Glory, and all the Angels with Him, then He will sit upon His Glorious Throne. All the Nations will be gathered in His presence, and He will separate the people as a Shepherd separates the Sheep from the Goats. He will place the Sheep at His right hand and the Goats at His left. “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then these Righteous Ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, WHEN YOU DID IT TO ONE OF THE LEAST IF THESE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, YOU WERE DOING IT TO ME!’ “Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, ‘Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn’t feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn’t give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn’t invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn’t give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn’t visit me.’ “Then they will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?’ “And he will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.’ “And they will go away into Eternal Punishment, but the Righteous will go into Eternal Life.”
2 - The GREATEST in the Kingdom of God Will Be: Those Who OBEYED & TAUGHT God's Word
Those that will be the GREATEST in God's Eternal Kingdom will have been people that took EVERY WORD (in the Bible) that God spoke and wrote about in His Scriptures very seriously. Those that will be GREAT in His Kingdom are people who not only READ GOD'S Word (Rom 10:17), but they BELIEVED God's Word which is validated by their OBEDIENCE to God's Word (THAT'S TRUE FAITH - James 2:14-26, Heb 11:6)— thus leading them to Teaching & Preaching God's Word to others— making Disciples.
In Matt 4:4 & Luke 4:4 Jesus quotes Deut 8:3 at Satan by saying “No! The SCRIPTURES say, ‘Man shall NOT live by BREAD alone, but by EVERY WORD that PROCEEDS from the Mouth of God."
Matthew 5:19 Jesus says, "So if you IGNORE (break) the LEAST (smallest) Commandment and TEACH OTHERS TO DO THE SAME, you will be called the LEAST in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who OBEYS God’s Laws (God's Word) and TEACHES THEM will be called GREAT in the Kingdom of Heaven."
From Bible Teacher: John MacArthur on Matt 5:19
What John MacArthur says about Matt 5:19: "The consequences of Practicing or Teaching disobedience of any of God's Word is to be called LEAST in the Kingdom of Heaven (1 Cor 3:15). Determining rank in the Kingdom of Heaven is entirely God's prerogative (Matt 20:20-28), and Jesus declares that He will hold those in LOWEST ESTEEM who hold HIS WORD in LOW ESTEEM. There is no impunity (free from punishment) for Believers who: Disobey, Discredit, or Belittle God's Law (God's Word)—see 2 Cor 5:10 below. That Jesus does not refer to loss of Salvation is clear from the fact, that though offenders will be called LEAST, they will still be in the Kingdom of Heaven. The positive result is that whoever KEEPS & TEACHES God's Word, he shall be called "GREAT" in the Kingdom of Heaven. Here again Jesus mentions the two aspects of DOING and TEACHING. Kingdom citizens are to uphold every part of God's Laws (God's Word) both in their Living and in their Teaching."
For more on this above Topic go to SO4J's Bible Study:
Rewards in Heaven - For Obeying God’s Commandments (1,050 N.T. Commandments)
At this above SO4J Teaching you can view over 1,050 New Testament Commandments, as there are around 1,050 Commands in the New Testament for Christians to Obey. They cover every phase of man's life in his relationship to God and towards other people. If Obeyed (out of a Love for Jesus), they will bring many Rewards here and forever; if Disobeyed, they will bring either a loss of Rewards for True Believers, or Condemnation and Eternal Punishment (God knows each mans heart). We are NOT Saved by Works, but one must show Evidence or Proof that they were a Follower of Jesus Christ by "Deny Themselves, and Picking up their Cross Daily" (Luke 9:23-26) and Serving Jesus on the Terms of the Gospel (Matt 23:11-12), by Obeying Jesus & His Word (Luke 6:46-49; John 14:15; 1 John 2:3-6).
For more on Obedience To Jesus go to: Is Obedience To Jesus Necessary For Salvation?
- Daniel 12:3 Those who are WISE will SHINE as BRIGHT AS THE SKY, and those who lead MANY TO RIGHTEOUSNESS will SHINE like the STARS FOREVER.
- Matthew 13:43 Then the RIGHTEOUS will SHINE LIKE THE SUN in their Father’s Kingdom.
3 - The GREATEST in the Kingdom of God Will Be: Those Who Used Their Time, Talents, & Money— With RIGHT MOTIVES for Jesus
Jesus will Reward His Faithful Servants for being Faithful with their:
Time, Talents, Money, & Right Motives for Jesus:
- Matthew 25:23 Jesus says “The Master said, ‘Well done, My GOOD and FAITHFUL SERVANT. You have been FAITHFUL IN HANDLING THIS SMALL AMOUNT, so now I will give you MANY MORE RESPONSIBILITIES. Let’s celebrate together!"
- Matthew 25:29 Jesus says, "To those who USE WELL what they are given, even MORE will be given, and they will have an ABUNDANCE. But from those who DO NOTHING, even what little they have will be TAKEN AWAY."
After being closely Examined & Tested by God the Father & the Lord Jesus:
- Job 7:18 "For you EXAMINE us every MORNING and TEST us EVERY MOMENT."
- Psalm 17:3 "You have TESTED MY THOUGHTS and EXAMINED MY HEART in the NIGHT. You have SCRUTINIZED me and found nothing wrong. I am determined NOT to Sin in what I SAY."
PARABLE OF THE 10 SERVANTS
- Luke 19:11-48 Jesus said, “The crowd was listening to everything Jesus said. And because He was nearing Jerusalem, He told them a Story to correct the impression that the Kingdom of God would begin right away. A nobleman was called away to a distant empire to be Crowned King (Jesus) and then return. Before He left, he called together TEN OF HIS SERVANTS and divided among them TEN POUNDS OF SILVER, saying, ‘Invest this for me while I am gone.’ But his people hated Him and sent a delegation after Him to say, ‘We do not want him to be our king.’ “After He was crowned King, He returned and called in the SERVANTS to whom He had given the MONEY. He wanted to find out what their profits were. The FIRST SERVANT reported, ‘MASTER, I INVESTED YOUR MONEY and MADE TEN TIMES THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT!’ “‘WELL DONE!’ the King exclaimed. ‘YOU ARE A GOOD SERVANT . YOU HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL WITH THE LITTLE I ENTRUSTED TO YOU, SO YOU WILL BE GOVENOR OF TEN CITIES AS YOUR REWARD.’ “The NEXT SERVANT reported, ‘‘MASTER, I INVESTED YOUR MONEY and MADE FIVE TIMES THE ORIGINAL AMOUNT!’ “‘WELL DONE!’ the King exclaimed. ‘YOU ARE A GOOD SERVANT. YOU HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL WITH THE LITTLE I ENTRUSTED TO YOU, SO YOU WILL BE GOVENOR OF FIVE CITIES.' “But the THIRD SERVANTbrought back only the ORIGINAL AMOUNT OF MONEY and said, ‘MASTER, I HID YOUR MONEY AND KEPT IT SAFE. I WAS AFRAID BECAUSE YOU ARE A HARD MAN TO DEAL WITH, TAKING WHAT ISN'T YOUR AND HARVESTING CROPS YOU DIDN'T PLANT.' “‘YOU WICKED SERVANT!’ the King roared. ‘YOUR OWN WORDS CONDEMN YOU. IF YOU KNEW THAT I'M A HARD MAN WHO TAKES WHAT ISN'T MINE AND HARVESTS CROPS I DIDN'T PLANT, WHY DIDN'T YOU DEPOSIT MY MONEY IN THE BANK? AT LEAST I COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME INTEREST ON IT.’ “Then, turning to the others standing nearby, the King ordered, ‘TAKE THE MONEY FROM THIS SERVANT, AND GIVE IT TO THE ONE WHO HAS TEN POUNDS.' ‘BUT, MASTER,’ they said, ‘HE ALREADY HAS TEN POUNDS!’ “‘YES,’ the King replied, ‘AND TO THOSE WHO USE WELL WHAT THEY ARE GIVEN, EVEN MORE WILL BE GIVEN. BUT FROM THOSE WHO DO NOTHING, EVEN WHAT LITTLE THEY HAVE WILL BE TAKEN AWAY. And as for these enemies of mine who didn’t want Me to be their King—bring them in and EXECUTE them right here in front of Me."
PARABLE OF THE TALENTS
- Matthew 25:14-30 Jesus says, "The Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the Story of a Man going on a long trip (JESUS is talking about Himself. He came to earth the First Time, and he went away to Heaven, and He is Coming Back). He called together his Servants and entrusted his MONEY to them while he was gone. He gave FIVE BAGS OF SILVER to one, TWO BAGS OF SILVER to another, and ONE BAG OF SILVER to the last—dividing it in proportion to their ABILITIES. He then left on his trip. “The SERVANT who received the FIVE BAGS OF SILVER began to invest the money and earned five more. The SERVANTwith TWO BAGS OF SILVER also went to work and earned two more. But the SERVANT who received the ONE BAG OF SILVER dug a hole in the ground and HID THE MASTER's MONEY. “After a long time their MASTER (Jesus) returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money (Judgment). The SERVANT to whom he had entrusted the FIVE BAGS OF SILVER came forward with five more and said, ‘Master, you gave me five bags of silver to invest, and I have earned five more.’ “The Master was FULL OF PRAISE.‘WELL DONE, MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT. YOU HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL IN HANDLING THIS SMALL AMOUNT, SO NOW I WILL GIVE YOU MANY MORE RESPONSIBILITIES. LET'S CELEBRATE TOGETHER!’ “The SERVANT who had received the TWO BAGS OF SILVER came forward and said, ‘Master, you gave me two bags of silver to invest, and I have earned two more.’ “The Master said, ‘WELL DONE, MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT. YOU HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL IN HANDLING THIS SMALL AMOUNT, SO NOW I WILL GIVE YOU MANY MORE RESPONSIBILITIES. LET'S CELEBRATE TOGETHER!' “Then the SERVANT with the ONE BAG OF SILVER came and said, ‘Master, I knew you were a harsh man, harvesting crops you didn’t plant and gathering crops you didn’t cultivate. I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it in the earth. Look, here is your money back.’ “But the Master replied, ‘YOU WICKED AND LAZY SERVANT! IF YOU KNEW I HARVESTED CROPS I DIDN'T PLANT AND FATHERED CROPS I DIDN'T CULTIVATE, WHY DIDN'T YOU DEPOSIT MY MONEY IN THE BANK? AT LEAST I COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOME INTEREST O IT.’ “Then he ordered, ‘TAKE THE MONEY FROM THIS SERVANT, AND GIVE IT TO THE ONE WITH THE TEN BAGS OF SILVER. TO THOSE WHO USE WELL WHAT THEY ARE GIVEN, EVEN MORE WILL BE GIVEN, AND THEY WILL HAVE AN ABUNDANCE. BUT FROM THOSE WHO DO NOTHING, EVEN WHAT LITTLE THEY HAVE WILL BE TAKEN AWAY. NOW THROW THIS USELESS SERVANT INTO OUTER DARKNESS, WHERE THERE WILL BE WEEPING AND GNASHING OF TEETH.’
For More On Rewards go to: Judgment Seat Of Christ & Rewards
4 - The GREATEST in the Kingdom of God Will Be: Those Who Gave Up Everything For Jesus
- Luke 14:33 " So you CANNOT become My Disciple without giving up EVERYTHING you own."
- Matthew 19:27-30 Peter said to Jesus, “We’ve given up EVERYTHING to Follow you. What will we get?” “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that when the World is made New and the Son of Man sits upon His Glorious Throne, you who have been My Followers will also sit on Twelve Thrones, JUDGING the twelve tribes of Israel. And EVERYONE who has GIVEN UP HOUSES or or BROTHERS or SISTERS or FATHER or MOTHER or CHILDREN or PROPERTY, for My sake, will RECEIVE A HUNDRED TIMES as much in Return and will Inherit Eternal Life. But many who are the GREATEST NOW will be LEAST Important then, and those who seem LEAST Important now will be the GREATEST then."
Mark 10:28-31 "Peter began to speak up. “We’ve given up EVERYTHING to Follow you,” he said. “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has GIVEN UP HOUSE or BROTHERS or SISTERS or MOTHER or FATHER or CHILDREN or PROPERTY for My sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return a HUNDRED TIMES as many HOUSES, BROTHERS, SISTERS,MOTHER, CHILDREN or PROPERTY—along with PERSECUTION. And in the World to come that person will have Eternal Life. But Many who are the GREATEST NOW will be LEAST important then, and those who seem Least important now will be the GREATEST then.”
- Luke 18:26-30 Those who heard this said, “Then who in the World can be Saved?” Jesus replied, “What is Impossible for People is Possible with God.” Peter said, “We’ve left our HOMES TO FOLLOW YOU.” “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that EVERYONE who has GIVEN UP HOUSE or WIFE or BROTHERS or PARENTS or CHILDREN, for the sake of the KINGDOM OF GOD, will be REPAID MANY TIMES over in this life, and will have ETERNAL LIFE IN THE WORLD TO COME.”
8 - Don't Lose Your Full Reward - Be Diligent & Make Use of All Your Opportunities!
REWARDS ARE TO BE GUARDED
- Revelation 3:11 Jesus says, "I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that NO ONE WILL TAKE AWAY YOUR CROWN."
REWARDS ARE TO BE GUARDED AGAINST DECEIVERS & SPIRITUAL DECEPTION
- 2 John 1:7-8 "I say this because MANY DECEIVERS have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such a person is a DECEIVER and an Antichrist. Watch out that you do NOT LOSE what we have worked so hard to achieve. BE DILIGENT SO THAT YOU RECEIVE YOUR FULL REWARD."
REWARD IS LOST WHEN GOOD DEED IS DONE WITH WRONG MOTIVES - TO BE NOTICED
Matthew 6:2-18 Jesus says, "Therefore, when you do a CHARITABLE DEED, do NOT sound a Trumpet before you as the Hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have GLORY FROM ME. Assuredly, I say to you, THEY HAVE THEIR REWARD."
Make Use Of Every Opportunity To Obey God's Word
- Colossians 4:3 "Pray for us, too, that God will give us MANY OPPORTUNITIES to speak about His mysterious plan concerning Christ."
We at SO4J.com pray that those of you reading this (and us too), will be diligent to use ALL of our Time & Talents wisely; making the most of our time here, and using ALL of our MANY OPPORTUNITIES to bear MUCH FRUIT for Jesus, by OBEYING GOD'S WORD, and having FAITH IN JESUS.
So if you are ever going to show your love for Jesus, NOW is the time— don't wait for tomorrow, because tomorrow may never come for you, or I.
- 2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the Day of Salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is NOW. TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION."
Life is but a Vapor or the Morning Fog — you are here one day— and gone the next.
- James 4:13-17 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the MORNING FOG (VAPOR) —it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil. Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
So we must be very careful as to what we are Building our life on (1 Cor 3:10-15), is it on SINKING SAND, or on SOLID ROCK?
- Ephesians 5:15-16 "So be CAREFUL how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of EVERY OPPORTUNITY in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do."
- Matthew 7:24-27 Jesus says, “Anyone who LISTENS to MY TEACHING and and FOLLOWS IT is WISE, like a person who BUILDS A HOUSE ONSOLID ROCK. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it WON'T COLLAPSE because it is built on BEDROCK. But anyone who HEARS MY TEACHING and IGNORES IT IS FOOLISH, like a person who BUILDS A HOUSE ONSAND. When the RAINS AND FLOODS (Testing's & Trials) and the WINDS BEAT AGAINST THAT HOUSE, it will COLLAPSE WITH A MIGHTY CRASH.”
- Luke 6:46-49 Jesus says, “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, LISTENS to MY TEACHING, and then FOLLOWS IT. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on SOLID ROCK. When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it STANDS FIRM because it is WELL BUILT. But anyone WHO HEARS and DOESN'T OBEY is like a person who builds a house WITHOUT A FOUNDATION. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will COLLAPSE INTO A HEAP OF RUINS.”
And remember, that when Jesus returns He is coming not only to execute and Punish those who have REJECTED HIM, and on those who REFUSED TO OBEY THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS; but He is coming to REWARD all of HIS HOLY PEOPLE, and those who BELIEVED & OBEYED GOD'S WORD.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7-12 (NKJV) "..When the LORD JESUS is Revealed from HEAVEN with His MIGHTY ANGELS, in FLAMING FIRE taking VENGEANCE on those who do NOT know God, and on those who do NOT OBEY the GOSPEL of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. These shall be PUNISHED with EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION from the Presence of the LORD and from the GLORY of HIS POWER, when He comes, in that DAY, to be GLORIFIED in His SAINTS and to be ADMIRED among ALL those who BELIEVE, because our TESTIMONY among you was BELIEVED. Therefore we also PRAY always for YOU that our GOD would Count you WORTHY of this CALLING, and FULFILL ALL the GOOD PLEASURE of HIS GOODNESS and the WORK of FAITH with POWER, that the Name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST may be GLORIFIED in YOU, and YOU in HIM, according to the GRACE of our GOD and the LORD JESUS CHRIST."
- Hebrews 6:10 "The Lord will NOT forget how HARD you have WORKED FOR HIM and how you have SHOWN YOUR LOVE TO HIM BY CARING FOR OTHER BELIEVERS, as you still do."
- 1 Peter 1:14-17 "So you must live as God’s OBEDIENT CHILDREN. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be HOLY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, just as God who CHOSE YOU ISHOLY. For the Scriptures say, “You MUST BE HOLY because I am HOLY.” And remember that the Heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will Judge or Reward you according to what you DO. So you must live in REVERENT FEAR OF HIM during your time as “Foreigners in the land.”
ALL 4 JESUS— ALL 4 GOD'S GLORY!
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NKJV) "Whether you EAT or DRINK, or WHATEVER you DO, DO ALL to the GLORY OF GOD."
- Colossians 3:17 (NKJV) “WHATEVER you DO in WORD or DEED, DO ALL in the Name of the LORD JESUS, giving THANKS to GOD the Father through HIM.”
"REWARDS IN HEAVEN— WHO WILL BE THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD?"
WRITTTEN & COPYRIGHT © BY MARTHA MAC / © SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
"REWARDS IN HEAVEN— WHO WILL BE THE GREATEST IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD?"
MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS
ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS COPYRIGHT & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT © & PROPERTY OF ®SO4J-TV - SO4J.com