- Category: GOSPEL
What Does It Mean to Repent? Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation?
REPENTANCE - WHAT IS REPENTANCE? What does it mean to Repent? Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation? Why Doesn't The Gospel of John mention the Word: Repentance? Biblical Repentance means “to change one’s mind” which will result in a change of Actions— a changed Life. God Grants Repentance Scriptures: 2 Timothy 2:23-26, Acts 5:30-31, Acts 11:17.2 Timothy 1:18 - Videos, Articles by: John MacArthur, Cross TVs Mark Kielar, and more.
Read on SO4J-TVs Facebook this: WHY DOESN'T THE GOSPEL OF JOHN MENTION THE WORD REPENTANCE?
- Mark 6:12 ((NKJV) "So they [DISCIPLES] went out and PREACHED that people should REPENT."
ON THIS PAGE:
- WHAT IS REPENTANCE AND IS IT NECESSARY FOR SALVATION?
- WHY DOESN'T THE GOSPEL OF JOHN MENTION THE WORD: REPENTANCE?
- REPENTANCE - WHAT IS REPENTANCE?
- SHOULD WE STOP SINNING "REPENT" BEFORE WE BELIEVE THE GOSPEL? - SO4J-TV
"If the GOSPEL you PREACH doesn't include REPENTANCE you PREACH a FALSE GOSPEL."
IT IS GOD WHO GRANTS PEOPLE REPENTANCE - SCRIPTURES:
2 Timothy 2:23-26, Acts 5:30-31, Acts 11:17, 2 Timothy 1:18
BY MARTHA MAC
- IT IS GOD WHO GRANTS PEOPLE REPENTANCE: 2 Timothy 2:23-26, Acts 5:30-31, Acts 11:17, 2 Timothy 1:18
- IT IS GOD WHO DRAWS PEOPLE TO HIMSELF FIRST: John 6:44,65
- IT IS GOD WHO FIRST CONCEALS: Luke 9:21-22, Luke 9:43-45, Luke 18:33-34, Luke 24:16,31 PAUL'S CONVERSION - SAUL BLINDED BY THE LORD: Acts 9:8-9 [Saul blinded by the Lord], FULL: Conversion of Saul/Paul: Acts 9:1-31.
- IT IS GOD WHO OPENS OUR MINDS: Luke 24:44-45 EYES OPENED: Luke 24:16,31. SCALES FALL FROM SAUL'S EYES: Acts 9:18.. FULL: Conversion of Saul/Paul: Acts 9:1-31.
- IT IS GOD WHO OPENS OUR HEART: Acts 16:14 [Lydia]
- 2 Timothy 2:23-26 (NASB) "But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps GOD MAY GRANT THEM REPENTANCE LEADING to the KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH, and they may COME THEIR SENSES & ESCAPE from the SNARE of the DEVIL, having been HELD CAPTIVE by him to do his will."
- Acts 5:30-31 (NASB) "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you had put to death by hanging Him on a cross. He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince & a Savior, to GRANT REPENTANCE to ISRAEL (the JEWS), and FORGIVENESS of SINS."
- Acts 11:17 (NASB) "Therefore if God gave to them the SAME GIFT as He gave to us (the JEWS) also after BELIEVING in the LORD JESUS CHRIST, who was I that I could stand in GOD'S WAY." When they heard this, they quieted down and GLORIFIED GOD, saying, "Well then, GOD has GRANTED to the GENTILES also the REPENTANCE that LEADS to LIFE."
- 2 Timothy 1:18 (ESV) "May the LORD GRANT him to FIND MERCY from the LORD on that DAY!—and you well know all the service he rendered at Ephesus."
SALVATION is of the LORD, and a FREE GIFT of GOD.. and it is GOD is the ONE who DRAWS people FIRST to HIMSELF.
GOD FIRST DRAWS PEOPLE TO HIMSELF: John 6:44, 65
- John 6:44 (NASB) Jesus says, "No one can come to Me unless the FATHER who sent Me DRAWS him; and I will raise him up at the last day."
John 6:65 (NASB) Jesus says, "For this reason I have said to you that NO ONE can come to ME unless it has been GRANTED from the FATHER."
FAITH and REPENTANCE - So as we can see FAITH and REPENTANCE is a GIFT from GOD [Ephesians 2:8-10, 2 Timothy 2:23-26, Acts 5:30-31, Acts 11:17 2 Timothy 1:18] FAITH is PRODUCED BY: HEARING God’s Word (Rom 10:17) >>which can Lead one to BELIEVE God’s Word (Heb 11:6) >>which simulataneously leads one to: Humbly OBEY God’s Word (John 14:15, 1 John 2:3-6)". TRUST in JESUS & HIS Unfailing Word TODAY [2 Cor 6:2].★Keep Looking UP! ^ [Col. 3:1-4]
[END] BY: MARTHA MAC SO4J-TV :)
- QUOTE by Pastor Don Green, former Managing Director of "Grace To You" (GTY.org) "HAVE YOU REPENTED? Your REPENTANCE is GENUINE when you MOURN over your SIN and Consciously SEPARATE yourself from the WORLD and its FALSE RELIGION, PHILOSOPHIES, and LUSTS. You REJECT your own SINFUL SELF and the very environment in which you live in order to give TOTAL ALLEGIANCE TO JESUS CHRIST in a new pursuit of BIBLICAL RIGHTEOUSNESS. That is REPENTANCE. You leave yourself behind in TRUE REPENTANCE. You give UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER to the LORDSHIP OF CHRIST, freely acknowledging: “I have no righteousness of my own. I am a lost sinner unable to reconcile myself to God. Christ the Lord must save me or I will suffer eternal doom.” You come as a BANKRUPT, DESPERATE SPIRITUAL BEGGAR to FOLLOW CHRIST or you do NOT come to Him at all."
WHAT IS REPENTANCE AND HOW DOES IT RELATE TO SALVATION? - JOHN MACARTHUR (Acts 11:18; 2 Peter 3:9)
QUOTE by Pastor John MacArthur "The meaning of the word REPENTANCE has been twisted in recent years to the point that its biblical meaning is now obscured in the minds of many. The idea that genuine repentance could result in anything but a change of life is completely foreign to Scripture. What does the Bible teach about the relationship between salvation and repentance? FIRST, it teaches that repentance is essential to salvation. One cannot truly believe unless he repents, and one cannot truly repent unless he believes. Repentance and faith are two sides of the same coin (but they are not synonymous terms). Acts 11:18 and 2 Peter 3:9 are two of the many verses that teach that repentance is necessary for salvation. Perhaps 2 Timothy 2:25 best sums up the relationship between repentance and saving faith when it speaks of "repentance to the acknowledging of the truth" (see also Acts 20:21). SECOND, the Greek word for repentance (MENTANOIA) means "to have another mind," but it cannot properly be defined to exclude a sense of hatred of and penitence for sin. The biblical concept of repentance involves far more than merely a casual change of thinking. Biblically, a person who repents does not continue willfully in sin. Repentance is a turning from sin, and it always results in changed behavior (Luke 3:8). While sorrow from sin is not equivalent to repentance, it is certainly an element of scriptural repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10). FINALLY, despite what is being widely taught today, affirming that repentance and acknowledgement of Jesus' lordship are necessary to salvation does not "add" anything to the requirement of faith for salvation. It is not "faith plus repentance" that saves, but rather a repentant faith. The notion that salvation is possible apart from a genuine, heartfelt repentance, which includes a deep hatred of sin, is a relatively new one, neither believed nor taught by the people of God until the twentieth century.." [END]
What is Repentance and is it Necessary for Salvation?
Excerpt right below by Got Questions
In the Bible, the word repent means “to change one’s mind.” The Bible also tells us that true repentance will result in a change of actions (Luke 3:8-14; Acts 3:19). Acts 26:20 declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.” The full biblical definition of repentance is a change of mind that results in a change of action.
What, then, is the connection between repentance and salvation? The Book of Acts seems to especially focus on repentance in regards to salvation (Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 11:18; Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21; Acts 26:20). To repent, in relation to salvation, is to change your mind in regard to Jesus Christ. In Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2), he concludes with a call for the people to repent (Acts 2:38). Repent from what? Peter is calling the people who rejected Jesus (Acts 2:36) to change their minds about Him, to recognize that He is indeed “Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:36). Peter is calling the people to change their minds from rejection of Christ as the Messiah to faith in Him as both Messiah and Savior.
Repentance and Faith can be understood as “two sides of the same coin.” It is impossible to place your faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior without first changing your mind about who He is and what He has done. Whether it is repentance from willful rejection or repentance from ignorance or disinterest, it is a change of mind. Biblical repentance, in relation to salvation, is changing your mind from rejection of Christ to faith in Christ.
It is crucially important that we understand repentance is not a work we do to earn salvation. No one can repent and come to God unless God pulls that person to Himself (John 6:44). Acts 5:31 and Acts 11:18 indicate that repentance is something God gives—it is only possible because of His grace. No one can repent unless God grants repentance. All of salvation, including repentance and faith, is a result of God drawing us, opening our eyes, and changing our hearts. God's longsuffering leads us to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), as does His kindness (Romans 2:4).
While repentance is not a work that earns salvation, repentance unto salvation does result in works. It is impossible to truly and fully change your mind without that causing a change in action. In the Bible, repentance results in a change in behavior. That is why John the Baptist called people to “produce fruit in keeping with repentance” (Matthew 3:8). A person who has truly repented from rejection of Christ to faith in Christ will give evidence of a changed life (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 5:19-23; James 2:14-26). Repentance, properly defined, is necessary for salvation. Biblical repentance is changing your mind about Jesus Christ and turning to God in faith for salvation (Acts 3:19). Turning from sin is not the definition of repentance, but it is one of the results of genuine, faith-based repentance towards the Lord Jesus Christ. [END of EXCERPT]
Why Doesn't The Gospel of John mention the Word: Repentance?
FROM SO4J-TV: "WHY DOESN'T THE "GOSPEL OF JOHN" MENTION THE WORD: REPENTANCE?" We (at SO4J-TV) were talking to our Senior Pastor, John MacArthur of Grace Community Church, CA about this at church on Sun. 1/18/2015. Pastor John started to share with us about this, and then reminded us of where he wrote a lot about this subject in one-of-his-Books he's written Here's the excerpt below.. very good!
JOHN MACARTHUR from his BOOK: “THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO THE APOSTLES" John MacArthur of GTY.org & GraceChurch.org writing this: "H. A. Ironside responded to this issue more than fifty years ago. He wrote: "The arrangement of the FOUR GOSPELS is in perfect harmony. In the Synoptics [MATTHEW, MARK, and LUKE] the call is to "REPENT". In JOHN the emphasis is laid upon "BELIEVING". Some have thought that there is inconsistency or contradiction here. But we need to remember that JOHN wrote YEARS after the OLDER EVANGELISTS, and with the definite object in view of showing that JESUS is the CHRIST, the SON OF GOD, and that, BELIEVING, we might have life through His Name. He (the Apostle John) does not simply travel over ground already well trodden. Rather, he ADDS to and thus SUPPLEMENTS the earlier records, inciting to confidence in the testimony God as given concerning His Son. He does NOT IGNORE the ministry of REPENTANCE because he stresses the importance of FAITH. On the contrary, he shows to REPENTANT SOULS the SIMPLICITY of SALVATION, or receiving ETERNAL LIFE, through TRUSTING in HIM who, as the true light, casts light on every man, thus making manifest humanity’s fallen condition and the need of an ENTIRE CHANGE of ATTITUDE toward SELF and toward GOD... It is true that JOHN does not use the WORD REPENTANCE, but as we observed in the previous chapter, our LORD did not use the word GRACE... REPENTANCE is WOVEN into the very fabric of the GOSPEL OF JOHN, though the word itself is never employed. In the account of NICODEMUS, for example, REPENTANCE was clearly suggested in Jesus’ command to be “BORN AGAIN” (John 3:3, 5,7). REPENTANCE was the POINT of the OLD TESTAMENT ILLUSTRATION our Lord gave Nicodemus (JOHN 3:14–15). In John 4, the woman at the well DID REPENT, as we see from her ACTIONS in verses John 4:28–29. Isn’t REPENTANCE included by implication in the following Johannine [i.e. Apostle John] descriptions of saving faith?
- John 12:24–26 Jesus says "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone; but if it DIES, it BEARS MUCH FRUIT. He who loves his life LOSES IT and he who HATES HIS LIFE in this world shall KEEP IT to LIFE ETERNAL. If anyone SERVES ME, let him FOLLOW ME; and where I AM, there shall My servant also be; if anyone SERVES ME the FATHER will HONOR him."
To say that John called for a FAITH that EXCLUDED REPENTANCE is to GROSSLY MISCONSTRUE the apostle’s concept of what it means to be a BELIEVER. Although John never uses REPENT as a VERB, the verbs he does employ are EVEN STRONGER. He teaches ALL TRUE BELIEVERS love the LIGHT (John 3:19), come to the LIGHT (John 3:20–21), OBEY the SON (John 3:36), PRACTICE the TRUTH (John 3:21), WORSHIP in Spirit and Truth (John 4:23–24), HONOR GOD (John 5:22–24), DO GOOD DEEDS (John 5:29), eat Jesus’ flesh and drink His blood (John 6:48–66), LOVE GOD (John 8:42, cf. 1 John 2:15), FOLLOW JESUS (John 10:26–28), and KEEP JESUS’ COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15). Those ideas HARDLY concur with "no-lordship salvation"! All of them presuppose REPENTANCE, COMMITMENT, and a DESIRE TO OBEY. As those terms suggest, the apostle was careful to describe CONVERSION as a COMPLETE TURNABOUT.
To John, becoming a BELIEVER meant RESURRECTION from DEATH to LIFE, a coming out of DARKNESS and into LIGHT, abandoning LIES for the TRUTH, exchanging HATRED for LOVE, and FORSAKING the WORLD for GOD. What are those but IMAGES of RADICAL CONVERSION? LOVING GOD is the expression John uses most frequently to describe the BELIEVER'S DEMEANOR. How can SINNERS begin to LOVE GOD apart from GENUINE REPENTANCE? What does LOVE imply, anyway? Finally, remember that it is the Gospel of John that outlines the HOLY SPIRIT'S ministry of CONVICTION toward the UNBELIEVING WORLD (John 16:8–11). Of what does the Holy Spirit convict unbelievers? Of “SIN, RIGHTEOUSNESS, and JUDGMENT” (John 16:8). Wouldn’t it seem that the Holy Spirit’s ministry of “convicting people of sin and its consequences has the specific purpose of laying the groundwork for REPENTANCE? REPENTANCE UNDERLIES ALL JOHN'S WRITINGS. It is understood, not necessarily explicit. His readers were SO FAMILIAR with the apostolic message that he didn’t need to dwell on the issue of REPENTANCE. John was emphasizing DIFFERENT FACETS of the GOSPEL MESSAGE than those highlighted by MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE. But he most assuredly was NOT writing to contradict them! His aim certainly was NOT to devise a "no-lordship doctrine of salvation". In fact, John’s purpose was exactly the opposite. He was showing that JESUS IS GOD (e.g., John 1:1–18; 5:18; 12:37–41). John’s readers clearly understood the implication of that: If Jesus is God and we must receive Him as God (John 1:12), our first duty in coming to Him is to REPENT (cf. Luke 5:8).” [THE END OF THIS EXCERPT]
Repentance - What Does it Mean to Repent?
Article below by Amazing Bible
- TWO ABSOLUTES YOU MUST DO
- REPENTANCE IS AN ABSOLUTE
- REPENTANCE MEANS SURRENDER
- REPENTANCE MEANS STOP, TURN, AND CHANGE
- REPENTANCE MEANS TO PUT OFF THE OLD AND PUT ON THE NEW
- REPENTANCE ALSO MEANS TO "START" AND "OBEY"
- THE EVIDENCE OF REPENTANCE IS GOOD FRUIT
- AFTER BELIEVING AND REPENTANCE, WATER BAPTISM IS TO TAKE PLACE
- HAVE YOU TRULY REPENTED?
- SEX OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE: FORNICATION AND ADULTERY
- WHAT TO DO
- IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BE LIVING IN FORNICATION AND BE WALKING WITH GOD
- MANY ATTEND CHURCHES WHERE THE MINISTER IS LIVING IN FORNICATION; THUS HE CANNOT BE SAVED
- WHOSOEVER PRACTICES SIN IS NOT SAVED
- FLEE FORNICATION
- PEOPLE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH SOUND DOCTRINE
- GOD IS NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH
- REPENT YE
1 - Confusion
A person can become confused these days about how to be saved. It seems two of the most common verses of Scripture used in these latter days on how to be saved are the following.
- Romans 10:13 "For Whoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved."
Some preachers seem to indicate that nothing else is necessary other than saying a prayer. They seem to indicate this by saying nothing about one thing that is an absolute necessity for salvation. That absolute is "repentance."
Another verse many people stand on for salvation is Acts 16:31 "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved." Again, many seem to stand on this verse alone for salvation without mentioning the necessity of repenting of sin. James 2:19 tells us"You believe that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
In John 12:42-43, we are shown that among the chief rulers MANY believed on Jesus, yet they were not saved. As it is written, "Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God."
- Romans 10:11 "For the scripture says, Whosoever believes on him shall not be ashamed."
2- Two Absolutes You Must Do
Some people may say, you have to do nothing to be saved except believe and say a sinner's prayer. This is not true. Two absolutes you must do are: repent of your sins and confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, as the only hope you have of being saved. Yes, we are to call on the name of the Lord in prayer. Yes, we are to believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, God in the flesh. Yes, we are to believe that He died for our sins, and rose from the dead, and now sits at the right hand of God the Father. Yes, we are to believe that Jesus Christ is the Living Word and that He came to earth to redeem men from their sins. But to say that all we are to do is call on the name of the Lord and believe on Him is not all that God’s Word requires. We must repent of our sins, forsake our sins, and even more, we must never be ashamed of Jesus. We are to be willing to stand up for Jesus and be willing to confess Him.
- Romans 10:9-10 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
- 1 Peter 3:15 tells us very clearly "Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."
3 - Repentance is an Absolute
This most important thing that every person "must" do or there is no hope of salvation is often ignored in many churches and by many preachers. This absolute is the very first word that Peter is recorded saying when he was asked by the people what they must do. Jesus Christ is recorded 7 times in the 4 Gospels as saying that a person must do this one thing. God’s program is centered around trying to get men to do this one thing. What is this incredibly important thing that is so often left out by so many preachers, priests, and rabbi? What is this most important thing that even some of the best of the television evangelists often seem to forget to include? Let Jesus Christ tell us from Luke’s Gospel chapter 13, verse 3 and 5- "I Tell you: But except you REPENT, You shall all likewise Perish.. Again, in verse 5, Jesus repeats - I tell you: But, except you Repent, You shall all likewise Perish."
John the Baptist made it very clear, as he said, REPENT, AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL - Mark 1:15.
Salvation depends upon faith that involves repentance. It may be said, as a result of believing or as a result of faith, repentance takes place. When a person truly believes the Gospel in his heart, repentance is the result. Thus, to believe includes repentance. Repentance then may be said to be the evidence of turning from unbelief to belief of God's Word. John the Baptist said, PRODUCE FRUIT IN KEEPING WITH REPENTANCE - Matthew 3:8 NIV
However, when unbelief sets in, a turning away from God occurs.
4 - Repentance Means Surrender
Repentance may be defined in this manner. It is a total sacrifice and surrender of oneself to obey and submit to the Word of God in all situations. Anything short of this is sin.
It means deny self and take up your cross daily and follow Jesus-ref Luke 9:23.
It means to come to Jesus with an attitude of, "I can't do it." You come broken, humbled, in a helpless, hopeless, unworthy state, renouncing everything, and turn to Jesus as your only hope of salvation. You come acknowledging that He is God Almighty and you are not worthy to tie His shoelaces.
It means as Job said in Job 42:6 - I ABHOR (or hate or despise) MYSELF, AND REPENT IN DUST AND ASHES. This is not the kind of repentance that is being taught in most churches today, because most people do not want to come to Jesus by the way of the cross and the way of truth.
- Luke 14:33 Preaching such as "Whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My Disciple" is rarely heard any more.
5 - Repentance Means Stop, Turn and Change
Webster’s New World Dictionary tells us the word "repent" means the following: "To feel such regret over (an action, intention), as to change one's mind, etc." This is further confirmed in the Bible as we read in 2 Cor 7:10 " For Godly Sorrow Works Repentance to Salvation." The next part of the verse states, NOT TO BE REPENTED OF. In other words, you turn away from all willful sin, and you do not go back. The next part of the verse gives us a warning: BUT THE SORROW OF THE WORLD WORKETH DEATH. A person’s attitude about sin changes. Before salvation, a person enjoyed sin. They were not concerned about disobeying God. Their own desires were more important to them than obeying God. But now, they begin to hate every sinful or evil way. It is written, YE THAT LOVE THE LORD, HATE EVIL-Ps 97:10. THE FEAR OF THE LORD IS TO HATE EVIL - Prov 8:13.
Thus repentance (to repent), means we feel terrible about our sins. We are sorry about our sins. We deeply regret what we have done and are willing to turn from all sin. We change direction.
We are willing to change our mind about our sins. Our life style changes.
We are willing to forsake all our sins and give them up. To put it straight forward, we are willing to "stop all willful sin." We do a complete turn. This is repentance, which is an absolute condition for salvation. This next verse gives us another definition of repentance.
- Psalm 119:59-60 (NIV) It is written, "I HAVE CONSIDERED MY WAYS AND HAVE TURNED MY STEPS TO YOUR STATUTES. I WILL HASTEN AND NOT DELAY TO OBEY YOUR COMMANDS".
Some people have stopped doing a particular sin not because of true repentance or Godly sorrow about their sin, but because of certain circumstances. One of many possible examples is a person might stop drinking or smoking for health reasons. Another example, is a person might stop having sex outside of marriage because of fear of getting AIDS. This is not repentance. "Turning over a new leaf," as some people may say, is not true repentance.
Once a person truly repents, their parents, relatives, employers, husband or wife, friends, and others may persecute them. Other things may happen. Incredible temptations may occur. Yet we are to repent no matter what the cost and not go back into willful sin.
6 -Repentance Means to Put Off the Old and Put On the New
Repentance means that we put off the old man, the old ways, the past; and we put on the new man, the new ways, the future.
- 1 Corinthians 5:7 It is written, "purge out therefore (get rid of) the Old Leaven (or sin), that ye may be a New Lump." (or a new creation in Christ)
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a New Creation: Old thinks are passed away; behold, all things are become New."
We also Ephesians 4:22-24 "PUT OFF CONCERNING THE FORMER CONVERSATION THE OLD MAN (or the old ways), WHICH IS CORRUPT ACCORDING TO THE DECEITFUL LUSTS; AND BE RENEWED IN THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MIND; AND THAT YE PUT ON THE NEW MAN, WHICH AFTER GOD IS CREATED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TRUE HOLINESS."
- Colossians 3:9-10 "LIE NOT ONE TO ANOTHER, SEEING THAT YE HAVE PUT OFF THE OLD MAN WITH HIS DEEDS (our old sinful ways are put off, they are repented of); AND HAVE PUT ON THE NEW MAN, WHICH IS RENEWED IN KNOWLEDGE AFTER THE IMAGE OF HIM THAT CREATED HIM."
We can only be renewed in knowledge through God's Word.
- Matthew 9:16 "NO MAN PUTTETH A PIECE OF NEW CLOTH UNTO AN OLD GARMENT, FOR THAT WHICH IS PUT IN TO FILL IT UP TAKETH FROM THE GARMENT, AND THE RENT IS MADE WORSE."
This happens because
- Luke 5:36 "THE PIECE THAT WAS TAKEN OUT OF THE NEW AGREETH NOT WITH THE OLD."
- Matthew 9:17 "NEITHER DO MEN PUT NEW WINE INTO OLD BOTTLES: ELSE THE BOTTLES BREAK, AND THE WINE RUNNETH OUT, AND THE BOTTLES PERISH: BUT THEY PUT NEW WINE INTO NEW BOTTLES, AND BOTH ARE PRESERVED."
The Holy Spirit is not to be put into an unrepentant sinner else the bottles break, and the wine (or Holy Spirit) runneth out, and the bottles or person perishes. But rather, the Holy Spirit is put into new bottles (a repentant person that has put away sin, that has put off sin, that has put off the old ways, that has put off the old man) and both are preserved.
7 - Repentance Also Means to "Start" and "Obey"
Not only do we stop doing those things which are wrong, but we "start" doing those things which are right, and "obey" God's Word. For the person that can read, the number one thing he begins doing is reading and studying the Bible. It is written, AS NEWBORN BABES, DESIRE (or crave or are starving for) THE SINCERE MILK OF THE WORD, THAT YE MAY GROW THEREBY: IF SO BE YE HAVE TASTED THAT THE LORD IS GRACIOUS-1 Pe 2:2,3. It is only through God's Word that we can learn what is right and wrong in God's eyes. It is only by God's Word that we can grow in faith, because faith comes only by the Word of God (the Bible).
A person that can read and claims they are saved, yet only reads one, two, or three chapters a week, would appear to be very misled. It would appear true repentance may not have taken place. It would seem to indicate that they are not serious about God, about their salvation, and about obeying God's Word.
They may have stopped willful sin, but have not begun to FOLLOW JESUS. For Jesus would lead them to begin reading and studying HIS Word heavily. Just as a new plant in a garden needs water, so the new born-again Christian needs God's Word. If you gave a new plant in a garden only a few drops of water a week, it would soon die. If you give a new born-again Christian only one, two or three chapters a week, they will soon die, or perhaps they never were born-again to start with.
- Matthew 11:29 It is written, "Learn of Me."
We are to hear God's Word, study God's Word, meditate in God's Word, and read God's Word. If a person claims they are born-again, yet God's Word does not take first place in their life, then it is a good indicator that the person is not truly born-again, but only thinks they are. They are deceived.
To follow Jesus is, number one—to learn HIS Word and obey it. It is written,
- Matthew 4:19 "Follow Me."
- Matthew 8:22 "Follow Me."
- Matthew 9:9 "Follow Me."
- Matthew 16:24 "If any man will come after Me, Let Him Deny himself, and take up his Cross, and Follow Me."
- Matthew 19:21 "Come and Follow Me."
Many more times these words appear in the Bible, also. The message is loud and clear. A person, even a preacher, even a denominational head, even someone that goes forth to evangelize, BUT does not meditate, study, read, hear, learn, and obey God's Word is not truly following Jesus. As it has already been said, a person that can read, but only reads one, two or three or even four or five chapters a week, is NOT FOLLOWING JESUS. They are not serious about God's Word, which is Jesus. They are certainly not doing God's will. Repentance may never have taken place. A fruit of repentance is doing what God's Word says. A person that does not LABOUR in God's Word or that does not dwell in God's Word cannot grow in faith, in knowledge, in wisdom, and in understanding.
8 - The Evidence of Repentance is Good Fruit
Matthew 7:20 Jesus says, "BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM"
- Practicing willful sin Stops. It does not slow down. It does not get reduced. It stops.
- Lying Stops
- Deceitfulness Stops
- Stealing Stops. Restitution begins to take place
- Hatred ceases
- Forgiveness for all who have wronged us takes place
- Sex outside of a marriage recognized by God Stops
- Fornication Stops
- If a person is not married according to God's Word, then a separation takes place until the marriage is accomplished in accordance to God's Word. The person should also be Baptized by full immersion afterwards.
- Selfishness Stops
- Smoking & Alcohol Stops
- Ancestor worship, and worshipping angels, and demons, and "so-called" saints and idols of every kind includingnature, stops. Worship is reserved for the Jesus of the Bible.
He is JESUS CHRIST IS COME IN THE FLESH - 2 John 1:7
- Praying to the dead, or to, or through "so-called" saints, or Mary stops
- Astrology Stops
- A person begins to fear God as the Bible says
- Studying & Obeying the Bible begins
- Doing God's will begins
- Following & Obeying God begins from the heart
This is only a very small, partial list.
Some believe they can bind the devil from tempting them. Some believe that when a person sins, others should just pray for them or with them. This is not repentance. There is much deception regarding "repentance." This is all part of the Laodicean church age we now live in. Some come to churches and go to the altars time after time, but they refuse to repent.
If a person claims they have repented, but are not "following" Jesus, then it is solid evidence no repentance has taken place, or the person is backsliding. To follow Jesus is to begin to do in our daily life what Jesus would do. It is to begin to do what Jesus would do in each and every daily situation that arises. The fruits of obedience, the fruits of God’s Spirit, the fruits of God’s work should begin to manifest themselves. Many do what appears to be God’s work, but they are not following Jesus in their daily lives. God’s will does not manifest itself in many things the person does. The fruits of God’s Spirit are at best, lukewarm. God’s will is not obeyed when it is contrary to what the person’s emotions want to do. Sometimes God’s will is not sought in certain situations, because the person does not want to conform to the will of God, if it is contrary to his own will.
9 - After Believing & Repentance, Water Baptism is to Take Place
After true repentance has taken place, which is in line with God's Word, then the person is to be baptized by full immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Any baptism before true repentance means absolutely nothing. We are to "first" believe, and then get baptized-ref Mark 16:16. We are to "first" repent, and then get baptized-ref Acts 2:38.
10 - Have You Truly Repented?
We ask you, have you truly repented? Have you given up illicit sex, drugs, getting drunk, and putting your will before God’s will? Have you given up cursing, lying, cheating, and defiling your body with anything that might cause it harm? The Bible clearly tells us, if you defile or cause harm to your body, God will destroy you.
- 1 Corinthians 3:17 "IF ANY MAN DEFILE (destroys, or causes to wither, or spoils, ruins, or corrupts) THE TEMPLE OF GOD, (that is your body) HIM SHALL GOD DESTROY; FOR THE TEMPLE OF GOD IS HOLY, WHICH TEMPLE YE ARE."
Then verse 18 gives us a warning with the first five words, LET NO MAN DECEIVE HIMSELF. Satan will tell you sin is all right. He will try to put in your mind that you do not have to fear God’s judgment. He did it with Eve in the Garden of Eden when he told her, YE SHALL NOT SURELY DIE. But God’s Word said she would die. Eve was deceived, and she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and God’s Word did come to pass. Now we ask you again, have you truly given up all sin? Have you truly repented?
Let us put it plainly. If you have not completely repented at this point, you are not saved. You may believe on Jesus. You may have said a sinner’s prayer, and you may have been baptized, but if you did not forsake all willful sin, if you did not repent as God’s Word commands, you are not saved.
11 - Sex Outside of Marriage: Fornication and Adultery
Many people in this deceived and sinful world have sex outside of marriage. They need to come to repentance, or they will surely perish.
Many people are living in fornication. Many do not understand what fornication is. One form of fornication is when a man and a woman move in together. Some may even have the permission of their parents. They may even have paid some money. Sometimes they may live in the house of one of the parents, yet they have never been married in the eyes of a holy God. They have no documentation or marriage license, and they shrug this off as not necessary. They say they are married because their parents, preacher, relatives, and friends approve. They may say, "Many people do this. It is our tradition." They may have children or even grandchildren.
Let's be very blunt. Both they and the many people that do this are living in fornication. This is one definition of what fornication actually is. A person that is doing this is living in wickedness and sin. They have not repented of ungodly evil traditions. They are not saved. They may say they believe on Jesus, but they twist and do not believe "His" Word; though they may say they believe God’s Word. All of their lives they have been taught by their parents, relatives, and clergy that what they are doing is all right in the eyes of God; but it is not. They have been misled. They have been conforming to traditions. Now when they study God's Word, they do not see what they are doing is evil and wrong. They are in blindness and darkness because of ungodly traditions.
They will surely perish when they die, unless they repent of this sinful life style, and stop justifying it. They should hate every evil way, yet they do not hate this sin, because they refuse to admit what they are doing is a wicked sin.
Many preachers and even some denominational heads over many churches do this. They refuse to believe the truth of God's Word on this subject. Some even have two or more wives and justify this sin also. God forbid.
Some lesbians and homosexuals live together and even call themselves married. Many even claim they are Christians. When they die, they will find they are in hell and that they were very misled—unless they totally repent.
12 - What To Do
Immediately, separate. Get married God's way. If a dowry is required, pay it first in full. A large, expensive wedding is NOT necessary. Get the proper, legal paperwork. Get baptized afterward.
13 - It Is Not Possible to be Living in Fornication and be Walking with God
As stated above, a man and woman might be living together. They may have had permission from their parents. They might even have children. They might have even paid some money. However, they are not married in the eyes of a holy God. They are following the tradition of a country, but not God's Word. It is not possible for them to be walking with God, no matter how much they teach God's Word. They are blind, yet they are positive they are not blind, as the Pharisees also were. They are living in fornication. Often-times, when they are confronted with God's Word on this subject, they are so filled with wrong thoughts, teachings, traditions, fears, and pressures from relatives and their community that they will not or cannot understand in their heart. They do not understand that they are living in wickedness and sin, and are not walking with God no matter how much they may look like they are. They will not believe God's Word. They may even become argumentative and strifeful, and say that God's Word does not mean this or that. They may say, "That is your interpretation." They may say, "God knows my heart." They do not understand that "Without holiness, no man will see the Lord"-ref Heb 12:14.They do not understand that"
- Jeremiah 17:9 "THE HEART IS DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THINGS, AND DESPERATELY WICKED: WHO CAN KNOW IT?"
Because they will not believe God's Word on this subject, neither would they believe a missionary, an angel, or even Jesus Himself, or anyone sent to them from God to correct them. Their own traditions and sins have blinded them to the truth.
Such people need to repent. They need to be broken and humbled. They need to cry out for God's mercy and deny themselves. They should separate, and then get married God's way. Then afterward, they should be baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. From that point, they should continue walking with God.
Again, it needs to be said. Because they will not receive correction as a little child, with a childlike, humble, meek attitude, it shows clearly, they are not being led of God. Some of these people are so positive they are saved and so blind that even when they are left behind in the Rapture or even when they are at the judgment, they try to argue with Jesus. Nevertheless, because they would not depart from iniquity, they shall surely perish for eternity.
This needs to be understood. Sin is not defined by traditions of a people or a country. It is not defined by a person's emotions. It is not defined by what you think sin is or is not.
Sin is defined by God's Word, and God's Word only. It is God's Word that shall judge you. No matter how positive you, your parents, your friends, your church, and your community may be, or even if your country believes you are right; it is God's Word that will judge you. It is God's Word that will declare if you are in sin or not.
- 1 John 4:6 "WE ARE OF GOD: HE THAT KNOWETH GOD HEARETH US; HE THAT IS NOT OF GOD HEARETH NOT US. HEREBY KNOW WE THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, AND THE SPIRIT OF ERROR."
- Mark 4:23 "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."
Many think they have come to the light. They teach God's Word. They go on missionary trips. They evangelize, but they will not come in truth and surrender to God's Word.
- John 3:19-21 It is written, "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."
Regarding "fornication" it is written,
- Acts 15:20 "write unto them, that they abstain from…FORNICATION" also ref Acts 15:29.
- Romans 1:29 "Being filled with all unrighteousness, FORNICATION, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers"
- 1 Corinthians 6:13 "Now the Body is not for FORNICATION…"
- 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 - FLEE FORNICATION. EVERY SIN THAT A MAN DOETH IS WITHOUT THE BODY; BUT HE THAT COMMITTETH FORNICATION SINNETH AGAINST HIS OWN BODY. WHAT? KNOW YE NOT THAT YOUR BODY IS THE TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST WHICH IS IN YOU, WHICH YE HAVE OF GOD, AND YE ARE NOT YOUR OWN? FOR YE ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE: THEREFORE GLORIFY GOD IN YOUR BODY, AND IN YOUR SPIRIT, WHICH ARE GOD'S.
- 1 Corinthians 10:8 - NEITHER LET US COMMIT FORNICATION, AS SOME OF THEM COMMITTED, AND FELL IN ONE DAY THREE AND TWENTY THOUSAND.
- 2 Corinthians 12:21 - AND LEST, WHEN I COME AGAIN, MY GOD WILL HUMBLE ME AMONG YOU, AND THAT I SHALL BEWAIL MANY WHICH HAVE SINNED ALREADY, AND HAVE NOT REPENTED OF THE UNCLEANNESS AND FORNICATION AND LASCIVIOUSNESS WHICH THEY HAVE COMMITTED.
- Ephesians 5:3 - BUT FORNICATION, AND ALL UNCLEANNESS, OR COVETOUSNESS, LET IT NOT BE ONCE NAMED AMONG YOU, AS BECOMETH SAINTS;
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 - FOR THIS IS THE WILL OF GOD, EVEN YOUR SANCTIFICATION, THAT YE SHOULD ABSTAIN FROM FORNICATION: THAT EVERY ONE OF YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO POSSESS HIS VESSEL IN SANCTIFICATION AND HONOUR.
- Jude 1:7 - EVEN AS SODOM AND GOMORRHA, AND THE CITIES ABOUT THEM IN LIKE MANNER, GIVING THEMSELVES OVER TO FORNICATION, AND GOING AFTER STRANGE FLESH, ARE SET FORTH FOR AN EXAMPLE, SUFFERING THE VENGEANCE OF ETERNAL FIRE.
- Revelation 9:20-21 - AND THE REST OF THE MEN WHICH WERE NOT KILLED BY THESE PLAGUES YET REPENTED NOT OF THE WORKS OF THEIR HANDS…NEITHER REPENTED THEY OF THEIR MURDERS, NOR OF THEIR SORCERIES, NOR OF THEIR FORNICATION, NOR OF THEIR THEFTS.
- Colossians 3:5-6 - MORTIFY THEREFORE YOUR MEMBERS WHICH ARE UPON THE EARTH; FORNICATION, UNCLEANNESS, INORDINATE AFFECTION, EVIL CONCUPISCENCE, AND COVETOUSNESS, WHICH IS IDOLATRY: FOR WHICH THINGS' SAKE THE WRATH OF GOD COMETH ON THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE.
- Galatians 5:19,21 - NOW THE WORKS OF THE FLESH ARE MANIFEST, WHICH ARE THESE; ADULTERY, FORNICATION, UNCLEANNESS, LASCIVIOUSNESS…I TELL YOU BEFORE, AS I HAVE ALSO TOLD YOU IN TIME PAST, THAT THEY WHICH DO SUCH THINGS SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
If a person's heart and mind is so corrupt that they cannot understand what fornication is after they have been shown by God's Word, then there is little else that can be said. A minister that does not understand the biblical meaning of fornication is not a preacher of righteousness. He is a blind leader of the blind.
Does your preacher live in fornication or adultery? In 1 Cor 11:1, Paul wrote, BE YE FOLLOWERS OF ME, EVEN AS I ALSO AM OF CHRIST. Note the words EVEN AS I ALSO AM OF CHRIST. If a preacher of the church you attend is not following Christ, you should not follow Him.
14 - Many Attend Churches where the Minister is Living in Fornication; Thus He Cannot be Saved
Many are going to churches that have blind leaders of the blind. The preacher himself is not married in the eyes of God.
- Matthew 15:14 "IF THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND, BOTH SHALL FALL INTO THE DITCH. (Both shall perish.)
15 - Whosoever Practices Sin is not Saved
- 1 John 3:6-8 It is written, WHOSOEVER ABIDETH IN HIM: SINNETH NOT: WHOSOEVER SINNETH HATH NOT SEEN HIM, NEITHER KNOWN HIM. LITTLE CHILDREN, LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU: HE THAT DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS RIGHTEOUS, EVEN AS HE IS RIGHTEOUS. HE THAT COMMITTETH SIN IS OF THE DEVIL; FOR THE DEVIL SINNETH FROM THE BEGINNING. FOR THIS PURPOSE THE SON OF GOD WAS MANIFESTED, THAT HE MIGHT DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL. A born-again person is a person that has repented. He has turned from all willful sin. God’s Word warns us, Rom 6:23-FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH; BUT THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD.
- Isaiah 64:6 - BUT WE ARE ALL AS AN UNCLEAN THING, AND ALL OUR RIGHTEOUSNESSES ARE AS FILTHY RAGS. Rom 3:10-THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NO, NOT ONE.
When we repent, we change direction. We now obey God’s Word. We now yield ourselves to God, not to sin and ungodly traditions. We begin to do the will of God which is always in accordance with the Bible.
- Romans 6:13-NEITHER YIELD YOUR YOUR MEMBERS AS INSTRUMENTS OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO SIN: BUT YIELD YOURSELVES UNTO GOD. Upon becoming born-again, God gives us His Spirit. The Spirit of God actually comes and dwells inside us. Now the question arises, will we yield to the leading of God’s Spirit, or will we rebel?
- Romans 8:14 - FOR AS MANY AS ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, THEY ARE THE SONS OF GOD.
- Romans 8:9 - NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, HE IS NONE OF HIS. A person may think to himself, "I am saved." But the Scripture has just told us, NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST, HE IS NONE OF HIS. Not only must we have the Spirit of Christ, we must allow the Spirit to lead us as Romans 8:14 has told us. We no longer live for this world when we repent. We begin living for God. We no longer consider the things of this world of value; for the world will pass away and the things thereof, but only what is done for Christ will last. God’s Word makes this very clear in Rom 8:5,6 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh." In other words, the unsaved seek after the things of this world, such as material things and sin. But then the verse continues with what the saved person does. BUT THEY THAT ARE AFTER THE SPIRIT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT. FOR TO BE CARNALLY MINDED (worldly minded) IS DEATH. We are to be so dedicated to Christ that Ro 8:36-WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER. Rom 12:1 - I BESEECH YOU THEREFORE, BRETHREN, BY THE MERCIES OF GOD, THAT YE PRESENT YOUR BODIES A LIVING SACRIFICE, HOLY, ACCEPTABLE UNTO GOD. We are Rom 12:2-to BE "NOT" CONFORMED "TO THIS WORLD:" BUT BE YE "TRANSFORMED" BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND, THAT YE MAY PROVE WHAT IS THAT GOOD, AND ACCEPTABLE, AND PERFECT, WILL OF GOD. Rom 13:14 tells us-MAKE NOT PROVISION FOR THE FLESH, TO FULFIL THE LUSTS THEREOF.
16 - Flee Fornication
God warns us particularly about illicit sex in"
- 1 Corinthians 6:18,20 "FLEE FORNICATION. EVERY SIN THAT A MAN DOETH IS WITHOUT THE BODY; BUT HE THAT COMMITTETH FORNICATION SINNETH AGAINST HIS OWN BODY. FOR YE ARE BOUGHT WITH A PRICE: THEREFORE GLORIFY GOD IN YOUR BODY, AND IN YOUR SPIRIT, WHICH ARE GOD’S."
Your body no longer belongs to you, if you have given yourself to Jesus through repentance. Your body either belongs to God or Satan. If you choose to serve sin, then you are a servant of sin, and your father is the devil. If you choose by an act of your will to serve God, then you are His possession redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
- Galatians 5:17 tells us - YE CANNOT DO THE THINGS THAT YE WOULD.
- Galatians 5:24 tells it so clearly-THEY THAT ARE CHRIST’S HAVE (past tense) CRUCIFIED THE FLESH WITH THE AFFECTIONS AND LUSTS.
17 - People will Not Put Up with Sound Doctrine
The Bible is ever so clear that in the latter days, which we are living in right now, the people will not want to hear the truth of God’s Word. They will prefer to turn away from God’s truth and find teachers that preach nice things that do not offend them. People today want to be able to do as they wish, go about business as usual, go to church when they wish, control their own lives; and when the judgment comes, they want to enter heaven. Sorry, it just doesn’t work that way. Right now, people are being tested to see if they will follow God and obey the Gospel, or if they willingly choose to put their will before what God wants them to do.
- 2 Timothy 4:3 NIV "For the TIME will come (that time is right now) when men will NOT put up with SOUND DOCTRINE. Instead, to suit their OWN DESIRES (note—to suit their own desires....lusts or traditions) they will gather around them a GREAT NUMBER of TEACHERS to say what their ITCHING EARS want to HEAR. They will TURN THEIR EARS away from the TRUTH."
Friends, we are presenting to you God’s Truth. Will you turn your ears from the truth, as many do in this lukewarm generation?
18 - God is not Willing that Any Should Perish
God is not willing that any should perish. God loves you so very deeply that He sent His only begotten Son to suffer a horrible death to atone for your sins. Do you love Him enough to receive this forgiveness? Do you love Him enough to say, "Thank you?" Do you love Him enough to say, "Yes, God, I love You, and will follow You and Your ways?"
19 - Repent Ye
Repent is a command to both those that have never been saved and also those that were once saved and walking with the Lord, but then turned from the faith and went back into sin and unbelief.
- Ezekial 33:18-19 "WHEN THE RIGHTEOUS TURNETH FROM HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS (which is Jesus, his faith) AND COMMITTETH INIQUITY, HE SHALL EVEN DIE THEREBY (go to hell). BUT IF THE WICKED TURN FROM HIS WICKEDNESS (repents), AND DO THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL AND RIGHT, HE SHALL LIVE THEREBY-.
These people thought they could not lose salvation. The Lord responds to that notion through Ezekiel, in v.17, with these words: YET…THY PEOPLE SAY, THE WAY OF THE LORD IS NOT EQUAL: BUT AS FOR THEM, THEIR WAY IS NOT EQUAL. These words are for every person who believes once saved, always saved. God's way is this. When you surrender to Jesus, all your sins are erased. They are not remembered. However, if you turn from your faith in Jesus and go back into sin, all your righteousness is equally not remembered. Totally equal are God's ways.
- Ezekial 3:20 "Again, when a Righteous man does Turn from his Righteousness, and commit iniquity,…he shall die in his Sin, and his Righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered." (This includes baptism, as Jesus said of baptism, TO FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS-Matt 3:15.)
God says to you right now these words:
- 1 Peter 2:11 "DEARLY BELOVED, I BESEECH YOU AS STRANGERS AND PILGRIMS, ABSTAIN FROM FLESHLY LUSTS, WHICH WAR AGAINST THE SOUL."
- Ezekial 14:6 "REPENT, AND TURN YOURSELVES…FROM ALL YOUR ABOMINATIONS.
- Ezekial 18:30-31 "REPENT, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit; for why will ye die…??
- Hebrews 12:4 "You have not yet resisted unto Blood, striving against sin."
- 1 John 2:4 "He that says, I know him (says you are saved), and Keeps not HIS COMMANDMENTS, is a LIAR."
- Matthew 3:2 "REPENT YE: For the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand."
- Acts 3:19-REPENT YE THEREFORE, AND BE CONVERTED, THAT YOUR SINS MAY BE BLOTTED OUT. Acts 8:22-REPENT THEREFORE OF THIS THY WICKEDNESS, AND PRAY GOD.
- Acts 17:30 - GOD ... COMMANDETH ALL MEN EVERY WHERE TO REPENT. It is God’s desire,
- 2 Peter 3:9 - THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
- Revelation 2:5 REPENT. Rev 2:16 - REPENT; OR ELSE. Rev 2:22 - REPENT. Rev 3:3 - REPENT. Rev 3:19 - REPENT. Acts 2:38 - REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU and that is by full immersion as Col 2:12 and Rom 6:4 shows us.
- Revelation 3:20 "BEHOLD, I STAND AT THE DOOR, AND KNOCK: IF ANY MAN HEAR MY VOICE, AND OPEN THE DOOR, I WILL COME IN TO HIM. Sinner will you repent and open that door now?
If you are willing to turn from all your sins and afterward be baptized by full immersion in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost and are willing to give and surrender your life totally to Jesus; then I invite you to say this prayer right now "DEAR JESUS, I AM A SINNER. I BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD AND DIED FOR MY SINS ON THE CROSS. FORGIVE ALL MY SINS. REMOVE ALL MY DOUBTS. JESUS, I ASK YOU TO COME INTO MY HEART. HELP ME TO FOLLOW AND OBEY YOUR COMMANDMENTS AND TO LIVE FOR YOU. JESUS, I GIVE YOU MY LIFE. THANK YOU FOR HEARING MY PRAYER. THANK YOU FOR COMING INTO MY LIFE. I ASK IT IN THE NAME OF MY LORD AND SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. AMEN."
Now Go and Bear Much Fruit for Jesus!
- John 15:8 Jesus says "My True Disciples bear much Fruit."
"REPENTANCE - WHAT IS IT?"
Copyright 2000 AmazingBible.org and Gospel Truth Publishing
"REPENTANCE - WHAT IS IT?" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
ALL GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT © SO4J-TV ® SO4J.com
THIS COPYRIGHT INFORMATION MUST BE INCLUDED