- Category: JESUS CHRIST
Fulfilled Prophecies about Jesus' Death & Resurrection - Part 2
By MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
PROPHECIES ABOUT JESUS DEATH & RESURRECTION FULFILLED - PART 2 takes a look at the many Old & New Testament Bible Prophecies which talk about the Death & Resurrection of Jesus Christ— all Bible Prophecies about the Birth, Life, and Death of Jesus were Fulfilled in the Bible.
For a Chart of the Prophecies of Jesus Fulfilled go to Part 1: PROPHECIES ABOUT JESUS FULFILLED IN THE BIBLE - CHART & VIDEO - PART 1
ON THIS PAGE - LINKS:
Prophecies of Jesus - A Suffering Savior - Who is now King of Kings & Lord of Lords!
INTRO - 2,000 Years ago Jesus, the Son of God & Creator of the Universe, was Brutally Tortured & Murdered. He was Beaten, Whipped, Flogged, Scourged With a Lead-Tipped Whip, Spit On, Slapped, Mocked & Laughed at, a Crown of Thorns were Placed on His Head. His Beard was Ripped off His Face. He was Crucified on a Cross where His Hands & Feet were Nailed to a Wooden Cross. He endured hours of Humiliation having to Hang on a Cross, between Two Thieves, bleeding to death, almost Naked. His Closest Friends Deserted Him. Jesus had been Falsely Accused The Ungodly Jealous Religious Leaders & others Falsely Accused Jesus. They thought Jesus was Demon Possessed & Crazy— yet Jesus was Innocent of ALL False Charges that the Religious Leaders had against Him. He never once uttered a Wrong Word, He NEVER Sinned. Jesus however was Crucified & Murdered on a Cross.
After Jesus Died, He was then Buried in a Rich Man's Tomb, but God the Father raised Jesus from the Dead on the Third Day, proving who He is (Acts 17:30-31).
Jesus now Sits at the Right Hand of God the Father as: King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.
God's Full Wrath Came Upon Jesus the Day He Died for all of us on the Cross— Jesus Took Our Punishment so we don't have to go to Hell. Now we must Repent & Believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Mark 1:15).
All Bible Prophecies of Jesus': Birth, Life, Death, Burial, & Resurrection were Fulfilled to Perfection! Praise Jesus! Let's take a look now at some of the Many: Death & Resurrection of Jesus & the many Bible Prophecies of Jesus that were Fulfilled in One Day.
Prophecies of Jesus Death & Resurrection Fulfilled - LIST
- JESUS PREDICTS & PROPHESIES HIS OWN BETRAYAL & DEATH ON PASSOVER
- RELIGIOUS LEADERS REJECT, MOCK, RIDICULE & SAY JESUS HAS A DEMON & HE'S CRAZY
- THE DISCIPLE'S DESERT JESUS & THE DISCIPLE PETER DENIES JESUS 3 TIMES
- JESUS WAS BETRAYED BY A CLOSE FRIEND (JUDAS) & SOLD FOR 30 PIECES OF SILVER
- JESUS WAS WHIPPED & FLOGGED, FACE & BODY BADLY DISFIGURED, SPIT ON, BEATEN WITH FISTS
- JESUS WAS INNOCENT— YET HE WAS TREATED LIKE A CRIMINAL & CRUCIFIED BETWEEN 2 THIEVES
- JESUS HANDS & FEET WERE PIERCED— NAILED TO A CROSS
- JESUS HUNG ON A TREE AND BECAME A CURSE FOR US
- JESUS WAS BURIED IN A RICH MAN'S TOMB
- JESUS' RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD
- JESUS SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD - JESUS WILL RULE A NEVER ENDING KINGDOM
- JESUS REJECTED - Isaiah 52, Isaiah 53, Psalm 22
1 - Jesus Predicts & Prophesies His Own Betrayal & Death on Passover
- Matt 26:2 Jesus says, "As you know, PASSOVER begins in two days, and the SON OF MAN WILL BE HANDED OVER TO BE CRUCIFIED.
- Luke 18:31-34 Taking the Twelve Disciples aside, Jesus said, "Listen, we’re going up to Jerusalem, where all the Predictions of the Prophets concerning the Son of Man will come true. He will be handed over to the Romans, and He will be MOCKED, TREATED SHAMEFULLY, AND SPIT UPON. They will FLOG HIM WITH A WHIP AND KILL HIM, BUT ON THE THIRD DAY HE WILL RISE AGAIN. BUT THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS. THE SIGNIFICANCE WAS HIDDEN FROM THEM, AND THEY FAILED TO GRASP WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT."
- Luke 24:44-46 After Jesus Died & Rose Again - Jesus said, "When I was with you before, I told you that everything written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and in the Psalms must be fulfilled.” THEN JESUS OPENED THEIR MINDS TO UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURES. And He said, Yes, it was WRITTEN LONG AGO THAT THE MESSIAH WOULD SUFFER AND DIE AND RISE FROM THE DEAD ON THE THIRD DAY."
2 - Religious Leaders Reject, Mock, Ridicule & Say Jesus Has a Demon & He's Crazy
- Psalm 69:4 "Those who hate me without cause outnumber the hairs on my head. Many enemies try to destroy me with lies, demanding that I give back what I didn’t steal."
- Isaiah 49:7 "The Lord, the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel, says to the one who is despised and rejected by the nations, to the one who is the servant of rulers: Kings will stand at attention when you pass by. Princes will also bow low because of the Lord, the faithful one, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."
- Psalm 118:22 "The stone that the Builders rejected has now become the cornerstone."
- Psalm 2:1 "Why are the nations so angry? Why do they waste their time with futile plans?"
- Psalm 69:8 "Even my own brothers pretend they don’t know me; they treat me like a stranger."
- Matt 26:59 "Leading priests and the entire high council were trying to find witnesses who would lie about Jesus, so they could put Him to death."
- John 10:20 Some of them said, "He has a demon, or He's crazy. Why listen to a man like that?"
- Mark 3:20-22 "One time Jesus entered a house, and the crowds began to gather again. Soon He and His disciples couldn’t even find time to eat. When His family heard what was happening, they tried to take Him away. "He’s out of His mind", they said. But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, He’s possessed by Satan, the Prince of demons. That’s where He gets the power to cast out demons."
- John 10:31-33 "Once again the people picked up stones to kill Him. Jesus said, "At my Father’s direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone Me?” They replied, “We’re stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God".
- Luke 23:10 "Leading priests and the teachers of religious law stood there shouting their Accusations."
- Luke 22:65 "They threw all sorts of terrible Insults at Him."
- Luke 23:11 "Now Herod and his soldiers began mocking and ridiculing Jesus. Then they put a royal robe on Him and sent Him back to Pilate."
- John 1:11 "He came to His own people, and even they Rejected Him."
- Matt 21:42 "Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures? ‘The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing, and it is wonderful to see."
- John 7:48-49 "Is there a single one of us rulers or Pharisees who believes in Him? This foolish crowd follows Him, but they are ignorant of the law. God’s curse is on them!
- Matt 27:41 "The leading priests, the Teachers of Religious Law, and the other Leaders also mocked Jesus. "He saved others," they scoffed, "but He can't save Himself! So He is the King of Israel, is He? Let Him come down from the Cross, and we will believe in Him! He trusted God—let God show His approval by delivering Him! For He said, 'I am the Son of God."
- Matt 27:2 "Then they bound Him and took Him to Pilate, the Roman governor."
3 - The Disciple's Desert Jesus & The Disciple Peter Denies Jesus 3 Times
- Psalm 69:8 "Even my own Brothers pretend they don’t know me; they treat me like a Stranger."
- Zech 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, the man who is my partner,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “Strike down the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered, and I will turn against the lambs."
- Isa 63:3 "I have been treading the winepress alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. Their blood has stained my clothes."
- Matt 26:56 "The Disciples Deserted Him and Fled".
- Matt 26:31 "On the way, Jesus told them, Tonight all of you will desert Me. For the Scriptures say, ‘God will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered."
- John 6:60 "On hearing it, Many of His Disciples said, This is a Hard Teaching. Who can accept it?"
- John 6:66 "At this point many of His Disciples turned away and Deserted Him."
- Matt 26:74-75 "Peter said, I swear by God, I don't know the man." And immediately the rooster crowed. Suddenly, Jesus' words flashed through Peter's mind: "Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times." And he went away, crying bitterly."
4 - Jesus Was Betrayed By a Close Friend (Judas) & Sold for 30 Pieces of Silver
- Zech 11:12 "If you like, give me my wages, whatever I am worth; but only if you want to. So they counted out for my wages thirty pieces of silver."
- Psalm 41:9 "Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me."
- Psalm 55:12-14 " It is not an enemy who taunts me— I could bear that. It is not my foes who so arrogantly insult me— I could have hidden from them. Instead, it is you—my equal, my companion and close friend. What good fellowship we once enjoyed as we walked together to the house of God."
- Matt 26:14-15 "Then Judas Iscariot, one of the Twelve Disciples, went to the leading priests and asked, "How much will you pay me to betray Jesus to you?" And they gave Him thirty pieces of silver."
5 - Jesus Was Whipped & Flogged, Face & Body Disfigured, Spit On, Beaten with Fists
- Isaiah 52:14-15 "But many were amazed when they saw Him. His face was so disfigured He seemed hardly human, and from His appearance, one would scarcely know He was a man. And He will startle many nations. Kings will stand speechless in His presence. For they will see what they had not been told; they will understand what they had not heard about."
- Isaiah 53:3-10 "He was despised and rejected— a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on Him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care... we thought His troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for His own sins!...He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed...He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet He never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter...Unjustly condemned, He was led away...But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush Him and cause Him grief. Yet when His life is made an offering for sin, He will have many descendants."
- Micah 5:1 "The enemy is laying siege to Jerusalem. They will strike Israel’s Leader in the Face with a Rod."
- Isa 50:6 "I offered my back to those who beat me and my Cheeks to those who pulled out my Beard. I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting."
- John 19:2 "The soldiers wove a crown of thorns & put it on His head, and they put a purple robe on Him."
- John 19:5 "Then Jesus came out wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. And Pilate said, Look, here is the man!"
- Mark 14:65 "...and they blindfolded Him and hit His face with their fists."
- Mark 26:67:68 "Then they spit in Jesus' face and hit Him with their fists. And some slapped Him saying, Prophesy to us, you Messiah! Who hit you that time?"
- Matt 27:30 "And they spit on Him and grabbed the stick and struck Him on the head with it."
- Mark 15:19 "And they struck Him on the head with a reed stick, spit on Him, and dropped to their knees in mock worship."
- Matt 27:26 "So Pilate released Arabians (a Murderer) to them. He ordered Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip, then turned Him over to the Roman soldiers to crucify Him."
- Matt 20:19 "Then they will hand Him over to the Romans to be Mocked, Flogged with a Whip, and Crucified. But on the Third day He will be raised from the dead."
- John 19:1 " Then Pilate had Jesus flogged with a lead-tipped whip."
- Matt 27:29 "When they had twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!"
6 - Jesus was Innocent, Yet Treated like a Criminal & Crucified Between 2 Thieves
- Isaiah 53:12 "I will give Him the honors of a victorious soldier, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among the Rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels."
- John 18:12 "The soldiers, their commanding officer, & the Temple guards arrested Jesus & Tied Him up."
- Matt 26:55 "Then Jesus said to the crowd, Am I some dangerous criminal, that you have come armed with swords and clubs to arrest Me?"
- Matt 27:38 "There Two Thieves Crucified with Him, one on the right hand, and another on the left."
- Matt 27:44 "The Robbers who had been Crucified with Him were also insulting Him with the same words."
- Mark 15:27 "With Him they Crucify Two Thieves; the one on His Right hand, and the other on His Left."
- Luke 23:39-43 "One of the Criminals hanging beside Him scoffed, So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!” But the other criminal protested, Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom. And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with Me in paradise."
- Phil 2:8 "In human form He (Jesus) obediently humbled Himself even further by DYING A CRIMINAL'S DEATH ON A CROSS."
7 - Jesus Hands & Feet Were Pierced—Nailed To a Cross
- Psalm 22:16 "My enemies surround Me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on Me. They have Pierced My Hands and Feet."
- John 19:18 "There they nailed Him to the Cross. Two others were Crucified with Him, one on either side, with Jesus between them."
- John 20:25 "They told him, We have seen the Lord! But he replied, I won’t believe it unless I see the nail wounds in His Hands, put my fingers into them, and place my Hand into the wound in His side."
8 - Jesus Hung on a Tree (Cross) and Became a Curse for Us
- Deut 21:23 "Be sure to bury Him that same day, because anyone who is Hung on a Tree is under God's Curse. You must not desecrate that land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance."
- Gal 3:13 "Christ redeemed us from the Curse of the Law by becoming a Curse for us, for it is written; "Cursed is everyone who is Hung on a Tree."
9 - Jesus Was Buried in A Rich Man's Tomb
- Isa 53:9 "He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But He was buried like a criminal; He was put in a Rich Man’s Grave."
- Matt 27:57-60 "As evening approached, Joseph, a Rich Man from Arimathea who was one of Jesus' Followers, went to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. And Pilate issued an order to release it to him. Joseph took the body and wrapped it in a long linen cloth. He placed it in his own new Tomb, which had been carved out of the rock.”
10 - Jesus's Resurrection From The Dead
- Psalm 16:10 "For you will not leave My soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave."
- Isa 26:19 "But those who die in the Lord will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead!"
- Psalm 68:18"When you ascended to the heights, you led a crowd of captives. You received gifts from the people, even from those who rebelled against you. Now the Lord God will live among us there."
- Matt 27:50-54 "Then Jesus shouted out again, and He gave up His spirit. At that moment the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart, and tombs opened. The bodies of many godly men and women who had died were raised from the dead after Jesus' resurrection. They left the cemetery, went into the holy city of Jerusalem, and appeared to many people. The Roman officer and the other soldiers at the crucifixion were terrified by the earthquake and all that had happened. They said, Truly, this was the Son of God!"
- Luke 24:6 "He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Remember what He told you back in Galilee."
- Luke 24:31 "Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized Him. And at that moment He disappeared!"
- Luke 24:34 "The Lord has really risen! He appeared to Peter."
- Phil 2:5-11 "Your Attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had. Though He was God, He did not demand and cling to His rights as God. He made Himself nothing; He took the humble position of a slave and appeared in human form. And in human form He obediently humbled Himself even further by dying a CRIMINALS'S DEATH ON A CROSS. Because of this, GOD RAISED HIM UP TO THE HEIGHTS OF HEAVEN and gave Him a name that is above every other Name, so that at the Name of Jesus every knee will bow, in Heaven and on Earth and under the Earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father."
11 - Jesus Sits At Right Hand of God - Jesus Will Rule A Never Ending Kingdom
- Psalm 110:1 "The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at My right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”
- Isa 9:6-7 " For a Child is Born to us, a Son is given to us. The Government will rest on His shoulders. And He will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His Government and its Peace will Never End. He will Rule with Fairness and Justice from the Throne of His Ancestor David for all Eternity. The Passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will make this happen!"
- Dan 7:13-14 "I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He was given Authority, Honor, and Sovereignty over all the nations of the World, so that people of every Race and Nation and Language would Obey Him. His Rule is Eternal—it will Never End. His Kingdom will never be destroyed."
- Matt 26:63-64 "Jesus remained silent. Then the High Priest said to Him, I demand in the Name of the living God—tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.” Jesus replied, "You have said it. And in the future you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of Heaven."
- Heb 1:3 "The Son Radiates God’s own Glory and Expresses the very Character of God, and He sustains everything by the Mighty Power of His command. When He had cleansed us from our Sins, He sat down in the place of Honor at the Right Hand of the Majestic God in Heaven."
- Luke 1:32-33 He will be very Great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the Throne of His Ancestor David. And He will Reign over Israel forever; His Kingdom will Never End!
- Phil 2:9-11 "Because of this, God raised Him up to the Heights of Heaven and gave Him a Name that is above every other Name, so that at the Name of Jesus every knee will Bow, in Heaven and on Earth and under the Earth, and every Tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father."
- Rom 14:10-11 "For we shall all stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. For it is written: "As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God."
- Rev 11:15 "There were loud voices shouting in Heaven: “The World has now become the Kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will Reign Forever and Ever."
Old Testament Prophecy of a Suffering Savior - Isaiah 52, Isaiah 53, Psalm 22
- Isaiah 52:13-15 "See, my Servant will prosper; He will be highly exalted. But many were amazed when they saw Him. His face was so disfigured He seemed hardly human, and from His appearance, one would scarcely know He was a man. And He will startle many Nations. Kings will stand speechless in His presence. For they will see what they had not been told; they will understand what they had not heard about."
- Isaiah 52:1-12 "Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed His powerful arm? My Servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about His appearance, nothing to attract us to Him. He was despised and rejected— a Man of many sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on Him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Yet it was our weaknesses He carried; it was our sorrows that weighed Him down. And we thought His troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for His own sins! But He was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on Him the sins of us all. He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet He never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearer's, He did not open His mouth. Unjustly condemned, He was led away. No one cared that He died without descendants, that His life was cut short in midstream. But He was struck down for the rebellion of my people. He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone. But He was buried like a criminal; He was put in a rich man’s grave. But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush Him and cause Him grief. Yet when His life is made an offering for sin, He will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in His hands. When He sees all that is accomplished by His anguish, He will be satisfied. And because of His experience, my Righteous Servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for He will bear all their sins. I will give Him the honors of a victorious soldier, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels."
- Psalm 22:1-31 "My God, My God, why have you abandoned me? Why are you so far away when I groan for help? Every day I call to you, my God, but you do not answer. Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief. Yet you are Holy, enthroned on the Praises of Israel. Our ancestors trusted in you, and you rescued them. They cried out to you and were Saved. They trusted in you and were never disgraced. 6 But I am a worm and not a man. I am scorned and despised by all! Everyone who sees me Mocks me. They sneer and shake their heads, saying, “Is this the one who relies on the Lord? Then let the Lord save Him! If the Lord loves Him so much, let the Lord rescue Him!” Yet you brought me safely from my mother’s womb and led me to trust you at my mother’s breast. I was thrust into your arms at my birth. You have been my God from the moment I was born. Do not stay so far from me, for trouble is near, and no one else can help me. My enemies surround me like a herd of bulls; fierce bulls of Bashan have hemmed me in! Like lions they open their jaws against me, roaring and tearing into their prey. My life is poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax, melting within me. My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay. My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. You have laid me in the dust and left me for dead. My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced My hands and feet. I can count all my bones. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divide my garments among themselves and throw dice for my clothing. O Lord, do not stay far away! You are my strength; come quickly to my aid! Save me from the sword; spare my precious life from these dogs. Snatch me from the lion’s jaws and from the horns of these wild oxen. I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people. Praise the Lord, all you who fear Him! Honor Him, all you descendants of Jacob! Show Him reverence, all you descendants of Israel! For He has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy. He has not turned His back on them, but has listened to their cries for help. I will praise you in the great assembly. I will fulfill my vows in the presence of those who worship you. The poor will eat and be satisfied. All who seek the Lord will praise Him. Their hearts will rejoice with everlasting joy. The whole earth will acknowledge the Lord and return to Him. All the families of the nations will bow down before Him. For royal power belongs to the Lord. He rules all the nations. Let the rich of the earth feast and worship. Bow before Him, all who are mortal, all whose lives will end as dust. Our children will also serve Him. Future generations will hear about the wonders of the Lord. His righteous acts will be told to those not yet born. They will hear about everything He has done."
Who is Jesus? How did Jesus Fulfill Prophecy?
Watch the Full Story: "Light of the World" - Video
PROPHECIES OF JESUS DEATH & RESURRECTION FULFILLED
COPYRIGHT BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
"PROPHECIES OF JESUS DEATH & RESURRECTION FULFILLED" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED