- Category: GOSPEL
Narrow Gate - Few Ever Find It - Matthew 7:13-14
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
NARROW GATE - FEW EVER FIND IT (Matthew 7:13-14 & Luke 13:23-30) - Jesus says the Road to Heaven is NARROW & FEW EVER find it: How NARROW is the GATE to ETERNAL LIFE? MANY percentage-wise will sadly miss Heaven (Matthew 7:21-23). Will that be you? Don't be deceived.. Examine your Faith with the Scriptures & make sure you are Biblically saved. SATAN DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD (Revelation 12:9 & 2 Corinthians 4:4). Check out Videos, Scriptures, Articles on the NARROW GATE. We've ALL Sinned, and the Punishment is Hell; God in His Mercy provided ONE WAY of Escape.
- -Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB) JESUS— "Enter through the NARROW GATE; for the GATE is WIDE and the WAY is BROAD that leads to DESTRUCTION, and there are MANY who enter through it. For the GATE is SMALL & the WAY is NARROW that leads to LIFE, and there are FEW who find it.”
- John 10:9 JESUS— "I AM THE GATE. Those who come in through ME will be SAVED."
- Matthew 22:14 JESUS— "MANY are CALLED, but FEW are CHOSEN.”
- Luke 13:23-20 (NASB) Someone asked JESUS “LORD, are there just a FEW who are being SAVED?” And HE said to them, “STRIVE ("agonize" in the Greek) to enter through the NARROW DOOR; for MANY, I tell you, will SEEK to enter and will NOT be able. “Once the head of the house gets up and SHUTS THE DOOR, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘LORD, OPEN UP TO US!’ then HE will answer and say to you, ‘I DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE FROM.’ “Then you will begin to say, ‘We ATE and DRANK in YOUR PRESENCE, and YOU TAUGHT in our streets’; and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do NOT KNOW where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.’ “In that place there will be WEEPING and GNASHING of TEETH when you see ABRAHAM and ISAAC and JACOB and all the PROPHETS in the Kingdom of God, but yourselves being THROWN out. "And they will come from EAST and the WEST and from NORTH and SOUTH, and recline at the table in the KINGDOM OF GOD. And behold, some are LAST who will be FIRST and some are FIRST who will be LAST."
QUOTE by JOHN MACARTHUR: "Both the NARROW GATE and the WIDE GATE are assumed to provide the entrance to God’s kingdom. Two ways are offered to people. The NARROW GATE is by FAITH, only through CHRIST, constricted and precise. It represents TRUE SALVATION in God’s way that leads to life eternal. The WIDE GATE includes all RELIGIONS of WORKS and SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, with no single way, but it leads to HELL, NOT HEAVEN. Christ continually emphasized the difficulty of following Him. SALVATION is by GRACE ALONE, but is NOT easy. It calls for KNOWLEDGE of the TRUTH, REPENTANCE, SUBMISSION to CHRIST as LORD, and a WILLINGNESS to OBEY HIS WILL and WORD."
QUOTE by JOHN MACARTHUR: "The CALL spoken of here is sometimes referred to as the “GENERAL" call (or the “EXTERNAL” call) —a summons to REPENTANCE and FAITH that is inherent in the GOSPEL message. This CALL extends to ALL who HEAR the GOSPEL. “MANY” hear it; “FEW” respond (READ Matthew 7:13-14). Those who respond are the “CHOSEN,” the ELECT. In the Pauline writings, the word “CALL” usually refers to God’s IRRESISTABLE CALLING extended to the ELECT alone (Romans 8:30) —known as the “EFFECTUAL CALL” (or the “INTERNAL” call). The EFFECTUAL CALL is the supernatural DRAWING OF GOD that Jesus speaks of in John 6:44. Here a general call is in view, and this call extends to all who hear the gospel—this call is the great “whoever will” of the gospel - Rev 17:14 . Here, then, is the PROPER BALANCE between HUMAN RESPONSIBILITY and DIVINE SOVEREIGNTY: the “CALLED” who REJECT the INVITATION do so WILLINGLY, and therefore their EXCLUSION from the KINGDOM is perfectly JUST. The “CHOSEN” enter the KINGDOM only because of the GRACE of GOD in CHOOSING and DRAWING them.”
- Revelation 17:14 "They will WAGE WAR against the LAMB [JESUS], but the LAMB will triumph over them because HE is LORD of LORDS and KING OF KINGS--and with HIM will be HIS CALLED, CHOSEN and FAITHFUL FOLLOWERS.”
- NARROW GATE - INTRO
- ONLY ROAD TO HEAVEN - NARROW GATE - JOHN MACARTHUR VIDEO
- NARROW GATE - FEW EVER FIND IT / WIDE ROAD TO HELL - LUKEWARM & UNSAVED - MATT 7:13-14
- NARROW GATE & NARROW ROAD IS DIFFICULT
- HOW NARROW IS THE GATE OR DOOR TO ETERNAL LIFE? FEW EVER FIND IT
- JESUS SAYS THE WORLD AT LARGE WILL NOT ACCEPT HIM
- SATAN DECEIVES MANY - HE DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD
- NARROW GATE IS DIFFICULT - SHARING IN THE SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST & STOP SINNING
- NARROW GATE IS JESUS ASKING US TO GIVE UP EVERYTHING FOR HIM
- NARROW GATE IS A LIFE OF HOLINESS & OBEDIENCE TO JESUS
- NARROW GATE OF BEING BORN AGAIN
- GATE TO HEAVEN SCRIPTURES
- DOOR TO HEAVEN SCRIPTURES
- JESUS WARNS US THAT MANY WILL TRY TO ENTER ETERNAL LIFE – IT WILL BE TOO LATE
- BEING RELIGIOUS WITHOUT TRUE REPENTANCE, AND FORSAKING SIN = ETERNAL HELL
- NARROW GATE OF BEING A NO COMPROMISE CHRISTIAN
- SUMMED UP SIGNS OF A NO COMPROMISE "NARROW GATE" CHRISTIAN
1 - Narrow Gate - Few Ever Find It - Intro
Jesus talks in and about how difficult the Narrow Door, Gate. Road or Path that leads to Eternal Life is, and how Jesus says that FEW EVER find it. Right now we are living in a great time of Apostasy & Rebellion towards Jesus Christ, and God's Word. Very Few, in comparison to the MANY are truly seeking the Lord— Reading their Bibles & Obeying what they Read (1 John 2:3-6). This Bible Study called Narrow Gate will look at the MANY Scriptures that talk about how very Narrow the GATE or DOOR to Eternal Life is. We at SO4J-TV & Video Pray that this challenges you in some way, & provokes you to a closer walk with Jesus, our Soon Coming King. Jesus is the Gate to Eternal Life - , .
- Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus says, "You can enter God's Kingdom ONLY through the NARROW GATE. The Highway to Hell is BROAD, and its Gate is WIDE for the MANY who choose that way. But the Gateway To Life is VERY NARROW, and the Road is DIFFICULT and only a FEW EVER find it."
- Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus warns, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who DO the Will of My Father in Heaven will enter. On Judgment Day MANY will say to Me 'Lord! Lord! We Prophesied, Cast out demons, and Performed MANY Miracles in Your Name.' But I will reply, 'I NEVER Knew you. Depart From Me, you who Break God's Laws (Practice Lawlessness / Sin)."
- Matthew 22:14 Jesus says, “For MANY are called, but FEW are CHOSEN.” (Many are called to Eternal Life, but FEW ever walk the Narrow Path of life)
- Luke 13:23-30 Jesus says, "And someone said to Him [JESUS], “Lord, are there just a FEW who are being SAVED?” And He said to them,“Strive to enter through the NARROW DOOR for MANY, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. “Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’ then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ “Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets’;and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.’ “In that place there will be WEEPING and GNASHING of TEETH when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out. “And they will come from east and west and from north and south, and will recline at the table in the kingdom of God. “And behold, some are LAST who will be FIRST and some are FIRST who will be LAST.”
- Philippians 3:18-19 "For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are MANY whose conduct shows they are really Enemies of the Cross of Christ. They are headed for DESTRUCTION. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth."
FROM SO4J-TV: "ANSWERING CHRIST'S CALL TO DISCIPLESHIP" - PHIL JOHNSON EXPLAINS: Luke 9:59-62 Phil Johnson preached an important message (this is an excerpt) from Luke 9:59-62, in our "GraceLife" Fellowship Group in the Family Center at Grace Community Church, CA .. our Senior Pastor at GCC is: John MacArthur. Phil Johnson is a Pastor (along with: Mike Riccardi) of the "GraceLife" Fellowship Group at Grace Community Church, CA (GCC), CA.Phil Johnson is the Executive Director of "Grace To You" Ministries [GTY.org], and has been closely associated with John MacArthur since 1981, and edits most of John MacArthur's major books. He is also an Elder at Grace Community Church, CA.
2 - Narrow Gate to Heaven - The Only Road to Heaven - John MacArthur Video
NARROW GATE vs BROAD WIDE ROAD - THE MACARTHUR NEW TESTAMENT COMMENTARY— John MacArthur says: "Jesus repeatedly points out two things: the necessity of choosing whether to follow God or not, and the fact that the choices are two and only two. There are two gates, the Narrow and the Wide; two ways, the Narrow and the Broad; two destinations, Life and Destruction; two groups, the Few and the Many; two kinds of trees, the Good and the Bad, which produce two kinds of fruit, the Good and the Bad; two kinds of people who profess faith in Jesus Christ, the Sincere and the False; two kinds of builders, the Wise and the Foolish; two foundations, the Rock and the Sand; and two houses, the Secure and the Insecure. In all Preaching there must be the demand for a Verdict. Jesus makes the choice crystal clear. In Jesus deals with the first four of those contrasts: the two gates, the two ways, the two destinations, and the two groups."
3 - Narrow Gate - Few Ever Find It / Wide Road to Hell - Lukewarm & Unsaved
We at SO4J-TV & Video know that most of American professing “Christians” are what the Bible calls “Lukewarm” (Revelation 3:15-21). They have “One Foot in God’s Word, and One Foot in The World.” Many have “Accepted” Jesus as their Savior and have said a Sinners Prayer at one time in their life. They go to Church on Sundays and call themselves a Christian - yet they haven’t truly Surrendered all to Jesus (like Judas in John 16:8), and they continue to Compromise with the World, and Continue in Sin. They are Indifferent and have Rejected the Real Gospel Message from JESUS CHRIST of Repentance & Faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no Forsaking all Sin, and Obeying God’s Commandments.
- 2 Timothy 3:5 “They will act as if they are Religious, but they will Reject the power that could make them Godly.”
Multitudes of Churches (not all) LOOK like they are “Hot” and on “Fire” for Jesus. In fact many Churches have exciting, expensive, and entertaining: Church Programs, Productions, and Great sounding Christian Music – a lot of them catering to the Youth. These Churches have polished and even professional Musicians who have visions and goals of becoming huge Mega Churches (if they aren’t already), and creating a certain type of “culture” through their music, and message. Their music and their teaching all appear so Christ-Centered, with everyone’s hands in the air and “shouts of praise” to God. For many of these Church, however, their love for the Lord is only Half-Hearted, and ready to be spewed out of God’s mouth. They look ALIVE, but Jesus says they are DEAD.
- Revelation 3:1-3 Jesus says, “I know all the things you do, and that you have a REPUTATION for being ALIVE —but you are DEAD. Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your ACTIONS do not meet the requirements of my God. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a Thief."
- Amos 5:21-24 The Lord says "I hate all your show and pretense—the hypocrisy of your religious festivals and solemn assemblies. I will not accept your burnt offerings and grain offerings. I won't even notice all your choice peace offerings. Away with your hymns of praise! They are only noise to my ears. I will not listen to your music, no matter how lovely it is. Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, a river of RIGHTEOUS LIVING that will never run dry.”
- Revelation 3:15-21 Jesus says, "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish you were one or the other! But since you are like lukewarm water (indifferent), I will spit you out of my mouth! You say, 'I am rich. I have everything I want. I don't need a thing!' And you don't realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked …. I am the one who corrects and disciplines everyone I love. Be diligent and turn from your indifference…”
They also have well attended Church Services and Conferences with Speakers and Ministers who teach on interesting topics and seemingly Godly principles – but when closely examined they are merely teaching on the wisdom of this world mixed with God’s Word. Very little of their teaching pertains to what Jesus and His Disciples preached on which was: Turning from SinTo Righteousness, Judgment, Sin, Holiness, and Repentance. Look at what Jesus & God's Word says:
- John 16:8-11 Jesus says, "And when He (The Holy Spirit) comes, He will CONVICT THE WORLD OF IT'S SIN, and of GOD'S RIGHTEOUSNESS, and of the COMING JUDGMENT. The WORLD'S SIN is that it REFUSES TO BELIEVE IN ME. Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. Judgment will come because the ruler of this world (satan) has already been Judged."
- Mark 6:12 "So the Disciples went out, telling EVERYONE they met to Repent of their Sins and Turn to God."
Some of these Ministers say that they don’t talk much about Repentance and the Judgment of Hell because we live in a different time then when Jesus walked on the earth. They say it’s too offensive to Preach like that, and it "turns people off!" They want to talk about the Love of Jesus only. They will blindly say that that kind of talk was for the “culture” that Jesus and His Disciples lived in 2,000 years ago, and it’s not for the “culture” that we are living in today. The one important fact that these blind Teachers fail to understand is that the Lord has been talking and preaching to people about Turning From Sin since Adam & Eve! (Genesis 4:7) He’s also going to be talking about and dealing with Sin in the future on Judgment Day too.
- John 16:27 Jesus says, "For the Son of Man will come with his Angels in the Glory of his Father and will Judge ALL people according to their DEEDS."
- 2 Corinthians 5:10 "For we must all stand before Christ to be Judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the GOOD or EVIL we have done in this earthly body."
- Romans 2:5 "But because you are Stubborn and Refuse to Turn from your Sin, you are storing up Wrath (terrible punishment) for yourself. For a Day of Wrath (Anger) is coming, when God’s Righteous Judgment will be revealed."
You’d think these Ministers, out of love for their people, would warn (Ezekial 3:17-21) and prepare them for their Day in Court on Judgment Day, when each individual must stand face to face with Jesus (Rev 20:11-15, Matt 7:21-23). But these Ministers instead keep watering down the Gospel, leading multitudes of people to Hell, and they continue to teach on mere temporal worldly things like: “7 Steps To Being More Prosperous, Successful, Happy, and Blessed.” They talk about having “Visions, Dreams, and Goals For Your Life,” when the #1 Goal that should be talked about the MOST is: “How To Be More Like Jesus.” Many people, the Bible says, have "itching ears", they love to have their "ears tickled":
- 2 Timothy 4:3-5 “For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their "itching ears" want to hear ("ears tickled" - NASB). They will reject the truth and chase after myths. But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at bringing others to Christ. Complete the ministry God has given you.”
We have turned our backs on God’s Commandments, which is His Word. We don’t see sin as God sees Sin. We are what Jesus calls in (Revelation 3:15-20) Lukewarm....and "Rich and in need of nothing" and "indifferent" to the Lord, and are not walking Holy and Blameless before Him. We continue in our Sin because MANY love their Sin (John 3:19-21), are also afraid to speak out and suffer for Christ for doing so (2 Timothy 3:12). These people are on the Broad Wide Road that Jesus talked about in which leads to Hell, and then the Lake of Fire.
God however has a Holy Remnant of People in this World who will NOT Compromise with the World. They seek after: Holiness, Righteousness, and they will Preach what Jesus preached. They know that Jesus is Coming Back Soon, and that He is Coming Back for a Holy & God-Fearing Church that is without “Spot or Wrinkle” (without sin).
- Ephesians 5:27 says "That HE might present her to Himself a Glorious Church, NOT having Spot or Wrinkle or any such thing, but that she would be HOLY and BLAMELESS (without blemish)."
- Revelation 19:7-21 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give Honor to Him (Jesus!). For the time has come for the Wedding Feast of the Lamb, and His Bride (the Church) has prepared herself (for Jesus). She has been given the finest of PURE WHITE LINEN TO WEAR. For the FINE LINEN REPRESENTS THE GOOD DEEDS OF GOD'S HOLY PEOPLE. And the Angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the Wedding Feast of the Lamb.”
Our “SO4J” Prayer for you and us is that we would simply learn to become MORE and MORE like JESUS CHRIST everyday. That wewould Hate what God Hates, and Lovewhat He Loves. That we would live "No CompromiseChristian lives"that are "Lukewarm No More" and be “God’s Holy & Blameless Remnant” who are NOT afraid to speakup for Jesus (in love) and OBEY all that He Commands.
- 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 “But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, then the veil is taken away. Now, the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, he gives freedom. And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the Glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become MORE and MORE like JESUS and reflect His Glory even more.”
- John 14:15 Jesus says, "If you love Me, Obey My Commandments."
- John 14:21 Jesus says, "Those who ACCEPT MY COMMANDMENTS and OBEY THEM are the ones who LOVE ME. And because they LOVE ME, MY FATHER WILL LOVE THEM. And I will LOVE THEM and REVEAL MYSELF TO EACH OF THEM.”
4 - Narrow Gate & Narrow Road is Difficult
The only way we canhave Eternal Lifeis through Jesus Christ, He is the GATE which leads to Life, and according to Jesus FEW EVER find the Narrow Gate; FEW EVER are willing to pay the Price. Below are Scriptures that pertain to Jesus being the GATE to Life Eternal, and also how truly FEW RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE that there are in this World, and how Difficult & Hard the Road to Eternal Life really is.
Jesus is the Narrow Gate to Eternal Life
- John 10:1-21 Jesus says, “I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going THROUGH THE GATE, must surely be a Thief and a Robber! But the one who enters THROUGH THE GATE is the Shepherd of the Sheep. The Gatekeeper opens the GATE for him, and the sheep recognize His voice and come to Him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. After He has gathered His own flock, He walks ahead of them, and they follow Him because they know His voice. They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.” Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what He meant, so He explained it to them: “I tell you the Truth, I AM THE GATE for the sheep. All who came before me were Thieves and Robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. YES, I AM THE GATE. Those who come in through ME will be Saved."
- John 14:6 Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one can come to the Father except through me."
5 - How Narrow is The Gate or Door to Eternal Life? - Few Ever Find It
When Jesus says “FEW" EVER find the Narrow Gate To Life, He’s obviously not saying that only a handful of people will be Saved in the End. But FEW, compared to the Billions of people who have EVER lived, will receive Eternal Life.
In Noah's Day only 8 Righteous & Holy people survived the Flood. (Gen 6 & 7- Scriptures on Noah & Lot are below under the: Righteous Remnant.)
In Lots Day only 3 people survived God’s Wrath of sending down Fire and Brimstone on Sodom Gomorrah. (Genesis 19). We really should consider God’s Track Record and past Judgments upon sinful mankind – this should be God’s Warning to All, that God has a Holy hatred for Sin. Here are some more scriptures that show us that Jesus will reveal himself to a FEW (save), compared to the MANY (World).
MANY are called to Eternal Life, but FEW are willing to walk through the NARROW GATE. MANY fall by the wayside, and they don't endure until the end (Mark 13:13). FEW will ever walk the NARROW DIFFICULT PATH of a Holy Life— a life that is "Picking up our Cross and Following Jesus Daily." (Luke 9:23-26) Living an Obedient life to God's Word and to Jesus Christ.
- Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus says, "You can enter God's Kingdom ONLY through the NARROW GATE. The Highway to Hell is Broad, and its gate is WIDE for the MANYwho choose that way. But the GATEWAY TO LIFE IS VERY NARROW, & the Road is DIFFICULT and only a FEW EVER find it."
- John 3:32-33 John the Baptist said, "He (Jesus) testifies about what He has seen and heard, but how FEW BELIEVE WHAT HE TELLS THEM! Anyone who accepts His Testimony can affirm that God is True."
- Luke 13:23-30 (NKJV) Someone asked Jesus— "Lord, are there FEW who are SAVED?" And He said to them, "STRIVE to enter through the NARROW GATE, for MANY, I say to you, will SEEK to enter and will NOT be able. When once the MASTER (Jesus) of the house has risen up and SHUT THE DOOR, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'LORD, LORD, OPEN FOR US,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I DO NOT KNOW YOU, WHERE YOU ARE FROM,' then you will begin to say, 'We ATE and DRANK in YOUR PRESENCE, and YOU TAUGHT in our streets.' (Lukewarm Church Goers) But He will say, 'I TELL YOU I DO NOT KNOW YOU, WHERE YOU ARE FROM. DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU WORKERS OF INIQUITY.' There will be WEEPING and GNASHING OF TEETH, when you see ABRAHAM and ISAAC and JACOB and ALL THE PROPHETS in the KINGDOM OF GOD, and yourselves THRUST OUT. They will come from the EAST and the WEST, from the NORTH and the SOUTH, and SIT DOWN in the KINGDOM OF GOD. And indeed there are LAST who will be FIRST, and there are FIRST who will be LAST."
- Romans 9:27-30 Concerning Israel, Isaiah the Prophet cried out, “Though the people of Israel are as NUMEROUS as the sand of the seashore, only a REMNANT WILL BE SAVED. For the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the Earth quickly and with finality.” And Isaiah said the same thing in another place: “If the Lord of Heaven’s Armies had not spared a FEW OF OUR CHILDREN, we would have been wiped out like Sodom, destroyed like Gomorrah.”
- Isaiah 10:22 Isaiah says, "But though the people of Israel are as NUMEROUS as the sand of the seashore, only a REMNANT of them will return. The Lord has rightly decided to DESTROY HIS PEOPLE."
- Isaiah 1:9 Isaiah says, "If the Lord of Heaven’s Armies had not spared a FEW OF US, we would have been wiped out like Sodom, destroyed like Gomorrah."
- Isaiah 24:13-14 "Throughout the earth the story is the same— only a REMNANT is left, like the stray olives left on the tree or the few grapes left on the vine after harvest. But all who are left shout and sing for joy. Those in the west praise the Lord’s majesty."
- Matthew 22:14 Jesus says, “MANY are called, but FEW are CHOSEN.”
- Philippians 3:18 "For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are MANY whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth."
- 2 Peter 2:1-2 "But there were also False Prophets in Israel, just as there will be False Teachers among you. They will cleverly teach Destructive Heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. MANY will follow their Evil Teaching and Shameful Immorality. And because of these Teachers, the Way of Truth will be Slandered."
THE RIGHTEOUS REMNANT OF THE "FEW"
3 People Are Found Righteous in the "Days of Lot" (Sodom & Gomorrah)
Only 8 People are Found Righteous in the "Days of Noah"
Jesus says that when He returns to Earth the World will be just like it was in the Days of Lot (Sodom and Gomorrah), and just like the Days of Noah (Luke 17:26-33, Matthew 24:37-39).
As we know, in the DAYS OF NOAH there were only EIGHT RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE who survived the Flood. God took those 8 RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE OUT OF THE WAY of His Wrath.
Noah Obeyed God's Instructions Completely, as he was a Righteous Man who had Close Fellowship with God: Genesis 6:9-22, Genesis 7:9, Hebrews 11:7, 2 Pet 2:5, 1 Peter 3:20
In the Days of Lot only THREE RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE (FEW) ended up being spared in the whole huge City. (FYI - Lots wife was also originally taken out, but she however did NOT OBEY GOD'S COMMAND to NOT look back towards the City and so she turned into a Pillar of Salt).
On the Earth right now there are FEW compared to the Billions (MANY) of People on this Earth that Truly seek Jesus, and who live a life of Complete Obedience to God's Word, and having Close Fellowship with God.
Now let's take a quick look at the FEW RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE being spared in Lot's Day, in Sodom and Gomorrah.
In the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah, the Lord told Abraham that He (the Lord) was going to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah because of it's Evil & Wickedness. Abraham asked the Lord to spare the City on behalf of up to 50 to 10 Righteous People. The Lord said that He would spare the City IF there were between 50 to 10 RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE in the City. It turned out however that there WASN'T even 10 RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE living in the City, as God did sent forth His Wrath of Fire & Brimstone on this City! God however was merciful to Abraham's RIGHTEOUS NEPHEW named Lot (2 Peter 2:7-8) who lived there in this City along with his 2 daughters and his wife. Instead of God sparing the City for the sake of the FEW RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE that lived there (leaving them IN the City, etc), God chose to TAKE THE FEW RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE OUT of the City vs leaving the FEW RIGHTEOUS IN THE CITY.
(FYI - This is why many Christians believe in a PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE or PRE-WRATH RAPTURE vs True Believers going THROUGH the Tribulation— and then being Raptured at the end of the Tribulation.)
Let's look at the conversation between the Lord and Abraham before He had sent His Wrath on the City. Abraham asks the Lord to spare the City on behalf of 50, 45, 40, 30, 20, and then 10 RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE. The Lord could NOT spare the City because there wasn't even 10 RIGHTEOUS. That should make us wake up to the realities that there might be FEW on this Earth who truly seek God and live RIGHTEOUS & HOLY LIVES.
- Genesis 18:20-33 So the Lord told Abraham, “I have heard a great outcry from Sodom and Gomorrah, because their sin is so flagrant. I am going down to see if their actions are as wicked as I have heard. If not, I want to know.” The other men turned and headed toward Sodom, but the Lord remained with Abraham. Abraham approached Him (the Lord) and said, “Will you sweep away both the RIGHTEOUS and the WICKED? Suppose you find Fifty (50) RIGHTEOUSPEOPLE living there in the city—will you still sweep it away and not spare it for their sakes? Surely you wouldn’t do such a thing, destroying the RIGHTEOUS along with the WICKED.Why, you would be treating the RIGHTEOUS and the WICKED exactly the same! Surely you wouldn’t do that! Should not the Judge of all the earth do what is right?” And the Lord replied, “IF I find FIFTY (50) RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE in Sodom, I will spare the entire city for their sake.” (Abraham asks the Lord to spare the City for: 45, 40, 30, 20, and 10)...Suppose there are only FORTY-FIVE (45) RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE....suppose only FORTY (40) RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE?”..... suppose only THIRTY (30) RIGHTEOUSPEOPLE are found?”....suppose there are only TWENTY (20) RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE?” ... Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only TEN (10) RIGHTEOUSPEOPLE are found there?” And the Lord replied, “Then I will NOT destroy it for the sake of the TEN(10) RIGHTEOUS.” When the Lord had finished his conversation with Abraham, he went on his way, and Abraham returned to his tent."
Once again, God did destroy the City, but took the FEW RIGHTEOUS OUT. (Genesis 19:1-29)
6 - Jesus Says The World At Large Will NOT Accept Him
- John 14:16-17 Jesus says, “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all Truth. The WORLD CANNOT RECEIVE HIM, BECAUSE IT ISN'T LOOKING FOR HIM AND DOESN'T RECOGNIZE HIM.BUT YOU (his Disciples— His Chosen Remnant) KNOW HIM, because he lives with you now and later will be in you."
- John 14:22-24 A Disciple asked Jesus, “Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself ONLY TO US and NOT to the WORLD AT LARGE?” Jesus replied, “All who love me will DO WHAT I SAY. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them. Anyone who doesn’t love me will NOT OBEY ME."
- John 17:9 Jesus says, “My Prayer is NOT for the WORLD, but for THOSE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME, because they belong to you."
- John 1:10-13 "He (Jesus) came into the very World He created, but THE WORLD DIDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM. He came to his own people, and even they REJECTED HIM. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become Children of God. They are REBORN —not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God."
7 - Satan Deceives Many - He Deceives the Whole World
SATAN DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD (Revelation 12:9 & 2 Corinthians 4:4)
- Revelation 12:9 "This great dragon—the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one DECEIVING THE WHOLE WORLD—was thrown down to the earth with all his angels."
- Revelation 20:7-9 "When the Thousand Years come to an end, Satan will be let out of his Prison. He will go out to DECEIVE THE NATIONS—called Gog and Magog—in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore." And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved City. But fire from Heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them."
- Revelation 20:10-13 "Then the Devil, who had DECEIVED THEM, was thrown into the Fiery Lake of Burning Sulfur, joining the beast and the false prophet. There they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. And I saw a Great White Throne and the one sitting on it...."
- 2 Corinthians 4:4 "Satan, who is the god of this WORLD has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God."
- John 12:31 "You used to live in sin, just like the REST OF THE WORLD, OBEYING THE DEVIL— the COMMANDER OF THE POWERS IN THE UNSEEN WORLD. He is the spirit at work in the hearts of those who refuse to Obey God."
- John 14:29-31 Jesus says,"The time for Judging this World has come, when SATAN, THE RULER OF THIS WORLD, will be cast out."
- Revelation 20:7-9 Jesus says, “I don’t have much more time to talk to you, because THE RULER OF THIS WORLD approaches. He has no power over me"
8 - Narrow Gate Is Difficult— Sharing in the Sufferings of Christ & Stop Sinning
If you are a True Believer in Jesus Christ we are to Share in the SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST.
- 1 Peter 4:12-13 "Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the FIERY TRIALS you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these TRIALS make you PARTNERS WITH CHRIST IN HIS SUFFERING, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing His Glory when it is revealed to all the World."
We Share in the SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST when we decide to STOP SINNING.
- 1 Peter 4:1 "So then, since Christ SUFFERED Physical Pain, you must arm yourselves with the Same Attitude he had, and be ready to SUFFER, too. For if you are willing to SUFFER FOR CHRIST, you have DECIDED TO STOP SINNING."
Narrow Gate is Difficult
- Matthew 7:14 Jesus says, "the GATEWAY TO LIFE IS VERY NARROW, and the Road is DIFFICULT and only a FEW EVER find it."
- Acts 14:21-22 Paul and Barnabas— "Strengthened the Believers. They encouraged them to continue in the Faith, reminding them that we MUST SUFFER MANY HARDSHIPS (Tribulations) TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD."
- Philippians 2:12 "WORK HARD to show the results of your Salvation, OBEYING GOD with deep Reverence and Fear (work out your salvation with fear and trembling)."
- Romans 8:18 "Yet what we SUFFER NOW is nothing compared to the Glory he will reveal to us later."
- 2 Timothy 1:8 "So NEVER be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in PRISON FOR HIM. With the strength God gives you, be ready to SUFFER WITH ME for the sake of the Good News."
- Matthew 10:23-52 Jesus said to his Disciples, “How HARD it is for the Rich to enter the Kingdom of God!” This amazed them. But Jesus said again, “Dear children, it is VERY HARD TO ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD. In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a Rich Person Rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!” The Disciples were astounded. “THEN WHO IN THE WORLD CAN BE SAVED?” they asked. Jesus looked at them intently and said, “HUMANLY SPEAKING, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. But not with God. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH GOD.” Then Peter began to speak up. “WE'VE GIVEN UP EVERYTHING TO FOLLOW YOU..."
9 - Narrow Gate - Jesus Asking Us To Give Up Everything For Him
- Luke 14:33 Jesus says, "So you cannot become my Disciple without giving up EVERYTHING you own." (forsaking all)
- Matthew 10:37-39 Jesus says, “If you love your Father or Mother MORE than you love Me, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE; or if you love your Son or Daughter MORE than Me, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE. If you refuse to take up your Cross and Follow Me, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE. If you Cling to your Life, you will LOSE IT; but if you give up your life for Me, you will FIND IT."
- Galatians 2:20 "I have been CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST; it is NO LONGER I WHO LIVE, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
10 - Narrow Gate - Is A Life of Holiness & Obedience To Jesus
- 1 Peter 1:14-17 "So you must live as GOD’S OBEDIENT children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must BE HOLY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, just as God who chose you is Holy. For the Scriptures say, “YOU MUST BE HOLY BECAUSE I AM HOLY.”
- 1 John 2:3-6 "We can be sure that we know HIM IF we OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t OBEY GOD’S COMMANDMENTS, that person is a liar and is not living in the Truth. But those who OBEY GOD’S WORD truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in Him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did."
- Luke 6:46-49 Jesus says, “So why do you keep calling me ‘LORD, LORD!’ when you don’t DO (OBEY) WHAT I SAY?"
- John 14:15 Jesus says, “If you love Me, OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS."
- John 14:21 Jesus says, "Those who ACCEPT MY COMMANDMENTS and OBEY THEM are the ones who love Me. And because they love Me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal Myself to each of them."
- John 14:23 Jesus says, “All who LOVE ME will DO WHAT I SAY."
11 - Narrow Gate of Being Born Again
- John 3:3 Jesus says, "I assure you, unless you are BORN AGAIN, you can never see the Kingdom of God." (John 3:3-8, John 1:12-13, 1 Peter 1:3-6, 1 Peter 1:22-25)
True Born Again peopleare those who realize thatthey havesinned against a Holy and Perfect God (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23), and they are grieved and "broken" over their sin. They’ve humbled themselves before the Lord, and they have Repented &are Turning Away from Sin on a daily basis.
- Luke 13:3 Jesus Says, “You will also Perish unless you turn from your evil ways and turn to God…I tell you again that Unless you Repent, you will also Perish." It also says that we must come to the Lord as Humble as a child."
- Matthew 18:3 Jesus says, "Unless you turn from your Sins and become as little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.” (Also read , )
They've puttheir trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sin, knowing that Jesus took the punishment for our sins, so that we could be freed from Eternal Hell. (Read ).
We must be victorious over sin, and endure until the end. As Adrian Rogers once said, "The Faith that Fizzles before the Finish was Flawed from the First".
- Mark 13:13 Jesus says, “Those who endure to the end will be saved.”
12 - Gate To Heaven - Scriptures
- Matthew 7:13-14 “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the NARROW GATE. The highway to hell is broad, and its GATE is wide for the many who choose that way.”
- Matthew 26:71 “Later, out by the GATE, another servant girl noticed him and said to those standing around, “This man was with Jesus of Nazareth.”
- Luke 7:12 “A funeral procession was coming out as he approached the village GATE. The young man who had died was a widow’s only son, and a large crowd from the village was with her.”
- Luke 16:20 “At his GATE lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores.”
- John 5:2 “Inside the city, near the Sheep GATE, was the pool of Bethesda, with five covered porches.”
- John 10:1 Jesus says, “I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the GATE, must surely be a Thief and a Robber!"
- John 10:2 “But the one who enters through the GATE is the shepherd of the sheep.”
- John 10:3 “The Gatekeeper OPENS the GATE for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.”
- John 10:7 “so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the GATE for the sheep.”
- John 10:9 “Yes, I am the GATE. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.”
- John 18:16 “Peter had to stay outside the GATE. Then the disciple who knew the high priest spoke to the woman watching at the GATE, and she let Peter in.”
- “As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple GATE, the one called the Beautiful GATE, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple.”
- Acts 3:10 “When they realized he was the lame beggar they had seen so often at the Beautiful GATE, they were absolutely astounded!"
- Acts 9:24 “They were watching for him day and night at the city GATE so they could murder him, but Saul was told about their plot.”
- Acts 10:17 “Peter was very perplexed. What could the vision mean? Just then the men sent by Cornelius found Simon’s house. Standing outside the GATE."
- Acts 12:6 “The night before Peter was to be placed on trial, he was asleep, fastened with two chains between two soldiers. Others stood guard at the prison GATE.”
- Acts 12:10 “They passed the first and second guard posts and came to the iron GATE leading to the City, and this OPENED for them all by itself. So they passed through and started walking down the street, and then the angel suddenly left him.”
- Acts 12:13 “He knocked at the DOOR in the GATE, and a Servant girl named Rhoda came to OPEN it.”
- Revelation 21:21 “The Twelve GATES were made of pearls—each GATE from a single pearl! And the Main Street was pure gold, as clear as glass.”
13 - Door To Heaven - Scriptures
- Matthew 6:6 “But when you Pray, go away by yourself, Shut the DOOR behind you, and Pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.”
- Matthew 7:7 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the DOOR will be OPENED to you.”
- Matthew 7:8 "For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the DOOR will be OPENED.”
- Matthew 23:13 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you Shut the DOOR of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.”
- Matthew 24:33 ”In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know his Return is Very Near, right at the DOOR.”
- Matthew 25:10 “But while they were gone to buy oil, the Bridegroom came. Then those who were ready went in with him to the Marriage Feast, and the DOOR WAS LOCKED.”
- Matthew 25:11 “Later, when the other Five Bridesmaids returned, they stood outside, calling, ‘Lord! Lord! OPEN THE DOOR for us!”
- Mark 1:33 “The whole town gathered at the DOOR to watch.”
- Mark 2:2 “Soon the house where he was staying was so packed with Visitors that there was no more room, even outside the DOOR. While he was Preaching God’s word to them”
- Mark 11:4 “The Two Disciples left and found the colt standing in the street, tied outside the front DOOR.”
- Mark 13:29 “In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that his Return is very near, right at the DOOR.”
- Luke 11:7 “And suppose he calls out from his bedroom, ‘Don’t bother me. The DOOR is locked for the night, and my family and I are all in bed. I can’t help you.”
- Luke 11:9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the DOOR will be OPENED to you.”
- Luke 11:10 “For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the DOOR will be OPENED.”
- Luke 12:36 “as though you were waiting for your master to return from the Wedding Feast. Then you will be ready to OPEN the DOOR and let him in the moment he arrives and knocks.”
- Luke 13:24 “Work Hard to enter the NARROW DOOR to God’s Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail.”
- Luke 13:25 “When the Master of the house has locked the DOOR, it will be too late. You will stand outside KNOCKING AND PLEADING, ‘Lord, OPEN the DOOR for us!’ But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.”
- Acts 5:9 “And Peter said, “How could the two of you even think of conspiring to Test the Spirit of the Lord like this? The young men who buried your husband are just OUTSIDE THE DOOR, and they will carry you out, too.”
- Acts 12:13 “He knocked at the DOOR in the GATE, and a servant girl named Rhoda came to OPEN it.”
- Acts 12:14 “When she recognized Peter’s voice, she was so overjoyed that, instead of OPENING the DOOR, she ran back inside and told everyone, “Peter is standing at the DOOR!”
- Acts 12:16 “Meanwhile, Peter continued Knocking. When they finally OPENED the DOOR and saw him, they were amazed.”
- Acts 14:27 “Upon arriving in Antioch, they called the Church together and reported everything God had done through them and how he had OPENED the DOOR OF FAITH of Faith to the Gentiles, too.”
- Acts 18:7 “Then he left and went to the home of Titius Justus, a Gentile who Worshiped God and lived next DOOR to the synagogue.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:9 “There is a WIDE-OPEN DOOR for a great work here, although many oppose me.”
- 2 Corinthians 2:12 “When I came to the city of Troas to Preach the Good News of Christ, the Lord OPENED A DOOR OF OPPORTUNITY for me.”
- James 5:9 “Don’t Grumble about each other, Brothers and Sisters, or you will be Judged. For look—the JUDGE IS STANDING AT THE DOOR!
- Revelation 3:8 “I know ALL the things you do, and I have OPENED A DOOR for you that NO ONE CAN CLOSE. You have little strength, yet you Obeyed My Word and did not Deny Me.”
- Revelation 3:20 “Look! I stand at the DOOR AND KNOCK. If you hear my voice and OPEN THE DOOR, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.”
- Revelation 4:1 “Then as I looked, I saw a DOOR STANDING OPEN IN HEAVEN, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a Trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.”
14 - Jesus Warns that MANY Will Try to Enter The Narrow Gate, But it will be Too Late
- Luke 13:23-30 "Someone asked Jesus, "Lord, will only a FEW be saved?" Jesus replied, "The door to Heaven is NARROW. Work hard to get in, because MANY will try to enter, but when the head of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. Then you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Lord, OPEN THE DOOR FOR US!' But he will reply, 'I do not know you.' You will say, 'But we ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.' (church goers) And he will reply, 'I tell you, I don't know you. Go away, all you who do EVIL.' "And there will be great weeping and gnashing of teeth, for you will see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets within the Kingdom of God, but you will be thrown out. Then people will come from all over the world to take their places in the Kingdom of God. And note this: Some who are despised now will be greatly honored then; and some who are greatly honored now will be despised then."
15 - Being Religious without True Repentance, Forsaking Sin = Eternal Hell
- Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus says, "Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as `Lord,' but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. On Judgment Day MANY will tell me, `Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.' But I will reply, `I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unlawful.”
These religious Church Goers did a lot of Good “Christian” Works, but they did NOT obey God’s written Word to Repent and Trust Jesus. They did NOT forsake their sin, and they did NOT obey God’s Commandments and His Laws. God gave us His Commandments and Laws for us to obey.
Billions of people will have been deceived by Satan. Satan puts a veil over people’s minds, so that they cannot see the Truth. Because they cannot see the Truth, they don’t resist his lies and his temptations to sin, and break God’s Commandments.
- 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 “If the Good News we preach is veiled from anyone, it is a sign that they are perishing. Satan, the god of this evil world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe, so they are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News that is shining upon them. They don't understand the message we preach about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
It is only thru Jesus Christ that we can we resist Satan’s lies. It is only thru Jesus Christ that we truly understand that there is really bad news for all of us, but the GOOD NEWS is that if we humble ourselves, repent and trust Jesus – and forsake ALL sin and obey His Commandments – we can be seen by the Lord as NOT GUILTY on the day that we stand before Him at the Judgment Seat.
- James 4:7-10 “So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you double-minded. Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor.”
Here is what God's Word has to say about how we will all stand before Him on Judgment Day.
- 2 Corinthians 5:10 “For we must all stand before Christ to be Judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in our bodies.”
- Romans 14:10-12 "Remember, each of us will stand personally before the Judgment Seat of God. For the Scriptures say, "As surely as I live,' says the Lord, every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God." Yes, each of us will have to give a personal account to God."
- Matthew 16:27 Jesus says, “For I, the Son of Man, will come in the Glory of my Father with his angels and will Judge all people according to their deeds."
Judgment For Unbelievers - Great White Throne - Judged For Sin & Deeds = Hell
- Revelation 20:11-16 "And I saw a Great White Throne, and I saw the one who was sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God's Throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were Judged according to the things written in the Books, according to what they had done. The sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the grave gave up the dead in them. They were all Judged according to their deeds. And death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the Lake of Fire. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the Lake of Fire."
Hell is the Eternal Destiny of MOST People
(Matt 7:13-14, Matt 7:21-23, Phil 3:18-19)
Judgment Seat Of Christ for Believers - For Their Service & Deeds = Eternal Life
- 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 "For no one can lay any other foundation than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. Now anyone who builds on that foundation may use gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But there is going to come a time of testing at the Judgment Day to see what kind of work each builder has done. Everyone's work will be put through the fire to see whether or not it keeps its value. If the work survives the fire, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builders themselves will be saved, but like someone escaping through a wall of flames."
16 - Narrow Gate of Being a No Compromise Christian Keeping Full Armor of God on
In this Sinful World there is a Holy Remnant of God's People (Zechariah 13:9) who are truly Born Again and who refuse to compromise with this world. Right now we are not talking about Justification, but Sanctification. God's Holy remnant are walking downtheNarrow Road of HOLINESS & OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD vs the Broad Road which leads to Eternal Hell. 50 Signs Of A No Compromise Christian
- Titus 2:12-14 “We are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with self-control, right conduct, and devotion to God, while we look forward to that wonderful event when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing what is right.”
Believer's need to keep the Full Armor of God on of
Video: The Armor of God: The Belt of Truthfulness & Breastplate of Righteousness (Ephesians 6:14) - John MacArthur - Part 1
Video: The Full Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-20) - FULL PLAYLIST - John MacArthur
- Ephesians 6:10-20 “Finally, my Brethren, be STRONG IN THE LORD and in HIS MIGHTY POWER. Put on the FULL ARMOR OF GOD, so that you will be able to STAND FIRM against the SCHEMES and TRICKS OF THE DEVIL. For our STRUGGLE (wrestle) is NOT against People made FLESH and BLOOD, but against the EVIL RULERS, against the POWERS, against the WORLD FORCES OF THIS DARKNESS, against the SPIRITUAL FORCES OF WICKEDNESS in the HEAVENLY PLACES. Therefore, take up the FULL ARMOR OF GOD, so that you will be able to RESIST IN THE EVIL DAY, and having done EVERYTHING, to STAND FIRM (in God's Word). STAND FIRM therefore, putting on the STURDY BELT OF TRUTH (Be Truthful), and having put on the BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (Living Righteous through Obedience to His Word). For SHOES, put on the PEACE that comes from the GOOD NEWS (we have Peace with God now thru the Gospel), so that you will be fully Prepared. In addition to all those, Take up the SHIELD OF FAITH with which you will be able to STOP ALL the FIERY DARTS of the DEVIL (Believe God’s Word over your Emotions, when FIREY DARTS of Temptation, & Lusts come your way). And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION (the Hope you now have of Salvation), and the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT, which is the WORD OF GOD. PRAY in the SPIRIT (Eph 5:22-23) at ALL TIMES and on EVERY OCCASION. STAY ALERT and be PERSISTENT IN YOUR PRAYERS for ALL BELIEVERS EVERYWHERE. And PRAY for me, too. Ask God to give me the RIGHT WORDS so I can BOLDLY EXPLAIN GOD’S MYSTERIOUS PLAN that the GOOD NEWS is for Jews and Gentiles alike. I am in chains now, STILL PREACHING THIS MESSAGE as God’s Ambassador. So PRAY that I will keep on SPEAKING BOLDLY FOR HIM, as I should.”
17 - Narrow Gate - Summed Up Signs of a No Compromise Christian
- Repents & Trusts in Jesus (Matt 4:17; Matt 18:3-4; Mark 1:15; Luke 13:3-5; 2 Cor 7:10; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 17:30-31; Acts 20:21)
- God's Word (Seed) falls on Good Ground (Matthew 23:13) A Humble Heart (James 4:6-10)
- They're Born Again - John 3:3 Jesus: "Unless you are Born Again you can't enter the Kingdom of God."
- They Obey God's Word (1 John 2:3-6) Because They Love Jesus (John 14:15)
- They Forsake Sin (1 John 3:6-10)
- They Are Crucifying their Flesh (Galatians 2:20)
- They Deny Self, Pick Up Their Cross, & Follow Jesus (Luke 9:23-26; Matt 10:38-39; Matt 16:24; Mark 8:34-35; Luke 14:27; Luke 14:33)
- They Passionately Love & Conform to Jesus (Matt 10:37-39; Rom 8:29)
- They Have a Servant's Heart (Matthew 23:11)
- They Separate Themselves from the World & Do Not Compromise (2 Cor 6:14-18; Rom 12:2; Titus 2:11)
- They Overcome Satan's Lies, Temptations, & Anything Contrary to God's Word (1 John 5:3-5; Rev 3:5)
- They Endure Hardships, Trials, Testings, & Persecutions for Jesus (2 Tim 2:3-13; 2 Tim 3:12; 2 Cor 11:23-30)
- They Pursue Holiness in Everything they Do (1 Peter 1:15-16; Heb 12:14)
- They Fear God (Luke 12:5; Phil 2:12)
- They're Ready & Waiting for Christ's Return (Luke 12:35-48)
- They're Productive For Jesus (Matthew 25:21) John 15:8 Jesus says,"My True Disciples Produce Much Fruit"
"NARROW GATE" & "SUMMED UP SIGNS OF A NO COMPROMISE CHRISTIAN"
Copyright By Martha Mac / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & Video Productions
"NARROW GATE" & "SUMMED UP SIGNS OF A NO COMPROMISE CHRISTIAN" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS COPYRIGHT INFORMATION & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT & PROPERTY OF SO4J-TV