- Category: GOSPEL
How Can I Know That I Am Saved? 20 Signs of Biblical Salvation List
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
HOW CAN I KNOW I AM SAVED? - 20 SIGNS OF BIBLICAL SALVATION - What are the Signs that you are Saved? Here is a List of some of the many ways that we can know that we have Eternal Life. Also on this page— Election Videos: Understanding What the Doctrine of Election or Predestination is.
• 1 John 5:13 (NASB) "I have written this to you who Believe in the Name of the Son of God, so that you may KNOW YOU HAVE ETERNAL LIFE."
• John 20:30-31(NASB) "Therefore many other SIGNS Jesus also performed in the PRESENCE of the DISCIPLES, which are not written in this BOOK; but these have been written so that you may BELIEVE that JESUS is the CHRIST, the SON of GOD; and that BELIEVING you may have LIFE in HIS NAME."
• 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a New Creation; OLD things have Passed Away; behold, ALL things have become NEW."
• Romans 8:29-31 "For whom HE FOREKNEW, HE also PREDESTINED to be CONFORMED to the IMAGE of HIS SON, that HE might be the Firstborn among many Brethren. Moreover whom HE PREDESTINED, these HE also CALLED; whom HE CALLED, these HE also JUSTIFIED; and whom HE JUSTIFIED, these HE also GLORIFIED. What then shall we say to these things? If God is FOR US, who can be against us?"
• 2 Corinthians 13:5 (NASB) "TEST YOURSELVES to see if you are IN the FAITH; EXAMINE YOURSELVES! Or do you NOT recognize this about yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST is in you—unless indeed you FAIL the TEST?"
• 1 Corinthians 11:31-32 (NASB) "But if we JUDGED ourselves RIGHTLY, we would NOT be JUDGED. But when we are JUDGED, we are DISCIPLINED by the LORD so that we will NOT be CONDEMNED ALONG with the WORLD."
- HOW CAN I KNOW I AM SAVED? 20 SIGNS OF BIBLICAL SALVATION
- BIBLICAL ASSURANCE OF SALVATION - VIDEOS
- ELECTION / PREDESTINATION - UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE DOCTRINE OF ELECTION IS - VIDEOS
- TRUE & FALSE CONVERSION - RAY COMFORT & KIRK CAMERON - AUDIO
- BIBLICAL EVANGELISM - RAY COMFORT & KIRK CAMERON - AUDIO
How Can I Know I Am Saved?
20 Signs of Biblical Salvation
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
- REPENTS & BELIEVES THE GOSPEL
- THEY HAVE A HUMBLE HEART - GOD'S WORD (SEED) FALLS ON "GOOD GROUND"
- THEY ARE BROKEN & MOURN OVER THEIR SIN
- THERE IS A HUNGER & DISCIPLINE TO: READ, STUDY, SHARE, or TEACH GOD'S WORD
- THEY ARE OBEYING GOD'S WORD— OUT OF A LOVE FOR JESUS
- THEY ARE FORSAKING SIN & DO NOT PRACTICE SIN
- THEY ARE SURRENDERING ALL TO JESUS
- THEY PASSIONATELY LOVE JESUS & ARE CONFORMING DAILY TO THE IMAGE OF JESUS
- THEY HAVE A SERVANT'S HEART & LOVE OTHER BELIEVERS
- THEY SEPARATE THEMSELVES FROM THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD & DO NOT COMPROMISE
- THEY ARE "BORN AGAIN", AND THEY SHOW EVIDENCE OF A NEW NATURE
- THEY OVERCOME SATAN'S LIES, TEMPTATIONS, AND ANYTHING CONTRARY TO GOD'S WORD
- THEY ARE ENDURING HARDSHIPS, TRIALS, TESTINGS, AND PERSECUTIONS FOR JESUS
- THEY ARE PURSUING & GROWING IN HOLINESS
- THEY ARE GROWING IN THE GRACE & THE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
- THEY FEAR GOD & TURN AWAY FROM EVIL
- THEY ARE DENYING SELF & DAILY FOLLOWING JESUS— AND ARE NOT ASHAMED OF JESUS
- THEY'RE READY, WAITING, AND ANTICIPATING THE SUDDEN & SOON RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST
- THEY'RE PRODUCTIVE & BEAR MUCH FRUIT BY GIVING JESUS THEIR: TIME, MONEY, TALENT
- THEY HOLD TO ESSENTIAL CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE
A True Christian—
1 - Repents & Believes the Gospel of Jesus Christ
QUOTE by Pastor Don Green, Former Managing Director of "Grace To You" (www.GTY.org) "HAVE YOU REPENTED? Your REPENTANCE is GENUINE when you MOURN over your SIN and Consciously SEPARATE yourself from the WORLD and its FALSE RELIGION, PHILOSOPHIES, and LUSTS. You REJECT your own SINFUL SELF and the very environment in which you live in order to give TOTAL ALLEGIANCE TO JESUS CHRIST in a new pursuit of BIBLICAL RIGHTEOUSNESS. That is REPENTANCE. You leave yourself behind in TRUE REPENTANCE. You give UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER to the LORDSHIP OF CHRIST, freely acknowledging: “I have no righteousness of my own. I am a lost sinner unable to reconcile myself to God. Christ the Lord must save me or I will suffer eternal doom.” You come as a BANKRUPT, DESPERATE SPIRITUAL BEGGAR to FOLLOW CHRIST or you do NOT come to Him at all."
MORE ON: Repentance - What Is Repentance?
- Mark 1:15 Jesus says, “The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your Sins and Believe the Good News!”
- Matthew 4:17 Jesus Preached, “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”
- Matthew 18:3-4 Jesus says, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven."
- Mark 1:15 Jesus says, "The time promised by God has come at last!” he announced. “The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"
- Luke 13:3 Jesus says, "You will perish, too, unless you Repent of your sins and turn to God."
- Luke 13:5 Jesus says, "No, and I tell you again that unless you Repent, you will perish, too.”
- Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Each of you must Repent of your sins, turn to God, and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to show that you have received forgiveness for your sins. Then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
- Acts 3:19 "Now Repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away."
- Acts 17:30-31 "God overlooked people’s ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to Repent of their sins and turn to him. For he has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man he has appointed, and he proved to everyone who this is by raising him from the dead."
- Acts 20:21 "I have had one message for Jews and Greeks alike—the necessity of Repenting from sin and turning to God, and of having faith in our Lord Jesus."
2 - They Have A Humble Heart; God's Word (Seed) falls on "Good Ground"
- James 4:6-10 "He gives us more and more strength to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say,"God sets himself against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble." So humble yourselves before God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, you hypocrites. Let there be tears for the wrong things you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. When you bow down before the Lord and admit your dependence on him, he will lift you up and give you honor."
- Matthew 13:23 Jesus says, "The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted!”
3 - They Are Broken & Mourn over their Sin - Grieved when they Sin
THE BEATTITUDES: DO YOU HAVE A BEATTITUDE ATTITUDE? Matthew 5:3-12
- Matthew 5:3-12 Jesus Taught His Disciples: "GOD BLESSES those who realize their NEED for HIM, for the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is GIVEN to them. GOD BLESSES those who MOURN, for they will be COMFORTED. GOD BLESSES those who are GENTLE & LOWLY, for the WHOLE EARTH will BELONG to THEM. GOD BLESSES those who are HUNGRY & THIRSTY FOR JUSTICE, for they will Receive it in FULL. GOD BLESSES those who are MERCIFUL, for they will be SHOWN MERCY. GOD BLESSES those whose HEARTS are PURE, for they will SEE GOD.
GOD BLESSES those who WORK FOR PEACE, for they will be CALLED the CHILDREN OF GOD.
GOD BLESSES those who are PERSECUTED because they LIVE for GOD for the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN is THEIRS. GOD BLESSES you when you are MOCKED and PERSECUTED and LIED about because you are MY FOLLOWERS. BE HAPPPY about it! BE VERY GLAD! For a GREAT REWARD AWAITS YOU IN HEAVEN. And REMEMBER, the ANCIENT PROPHETS were PERSECUTED, too.”
- Philippians 4:21-24 "Since you have heard all about Him and have learned the truth that is in Jesus, throw off your old evil nature and your former way of life, which is rotten through and through, full of lust and deception. Instead, there must be a spiritual renewal of your THOUGHTS AND ATTITUDES. You must DISPLAY A NEW NATURE because you are a new person, created in GOD'S LIKENESS— RIGHTEOUS, HOLY, AND TRUE."
- Matthew 5:4 Jesus says, "God blesses those who Mourn, for they will be Comforted."
- Luke 18:11-14 Jesus told a story: "The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don’t cheat, I don’t sin, and I don’t commit adultery. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.’ “But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, ‘O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.’ I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."
- Psalm 51:10-12 David prayed, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation And sustain me with a willing spirit."
- Philippians 2:5-11 "Your ATTITUDE should be the SAME that Christ Jesus had. Though He was God, He did not demand and cling to his rights as God. He made Himself NOTHING; He took the HUMBLE position of a Slave and appeared in Human Form. And in Human Form He Obediently HUMBLED Himself even further by Dying a Criminal's Death on a Cross. Because of this, God raised Him up to the heights of Heaven and gave Him a Name that is above every other Name, so that at the Name of Jesus every Knee will Bow, in Heaven and on Earth and Under the Earth, and every Tongue will Confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father."
4 - There is a Hunger & Discipline To: Read, Study, Share, and/or Teach God’s Word
- Hebrews 5:12-14 "You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong."
- 1 Peter 2:2 "Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment.."
- 2 Timothy 2:15 "Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth."
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work."
- Acts 17:11 "And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth."
- Psalm 37:30-31 "The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong. They have made God’s law their own, so they will never slip from his path."
5 - They Are Obeying God's Word— Out Of a Love For Jesus
- 1 John 2:3-6 "We can be sure that we know him if we OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t OBEY GOD’S COMMANDMENTS, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth. But those who OBEY GOD’S WORD truly show how completely they love him. That is how we know we are living in him. Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Jesus did."
- 1 Peter 1:14-17 "So you must live as God’s Obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.”
- John 14:15 Jesus says, If you LOVE ME,OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS."
- John 14:21-26 Jesus says, "Those who ACCEPT MY COMMANDMENTS and OBEY THEM are the ones who love Me. And because they LOVE ME, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal Myself to each of them. Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to Him, “Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and NOT to the World at large?" Jesus replied, “ALL who LOVE ME will DO WHAT I SAY. My Father will love them, and WE will come and make OUR home with each of them. Anyone who does NOT love Me will NOT OBEY ME. And remember, My Words are not My own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent Me. I am telling you these things now while I am still with you. But when the Father sends the Advocate as My representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you."
- John 14:24 Jesus says, "Anyone who doesn’t love me will not Obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me."
- Luke 6:46-49 Jesus says, "So why do you keep calling Me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t DO (Obey) what I say?"
- Romans 2:6-10 "He will Judge everyone according to what they have done. He will give eternal life to those who keep on DOING GOOD, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. But he will pour out his Anger and Wrath and wrath on those who live for themselves, who REFUSE to OBEY THE TRUTH and instead live lives of wickedness. There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on DOING what is evil—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile. But there will be Glory and Honor and Peace from God for all who DO GOOD —for the Jew first and also for the Gentile."
- John 15:14 Jesus says, "You are My friends if you do what I COMMAND."
- John 15:10 Jesus says "When you OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS, you remain in my love, just as I OBEY MY FATHER’S COMMANDMENTS and remain in His love."
- 1 Peter 1:14-16 "So you must live as GOD’S OBEDIENT children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must BE HOLY IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, just as God who chose you is Holy. For the Scriptures say, “YOU MUST BE HOLY BECAUSE I AM HOLY.”
- Hebrews 12:14 "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be HOLY; WITHOUT HOLINESS NO ONE WILL SEE THE LORD."
- Matthew 5:19 Jesus says, “So if you ignore the least COMMANDMENT and teach others to do the same, you will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who OBEY’S GOD’S LAWS & TEACHES THEM will be called GREAT in the Kingdom of Heaven.”
- Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus says, “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER in heaven will enter. On Judgment Day many will say to Me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in Your name and cast out demons in Your name and performed many miracles in Your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from Me, you who 's BREAK GOD’S LAWS."
- Luke 6:46-49 Jesus says, “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t DO WHAT I SAY (obey)? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to Me, listens to My teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who hears and does NOT OBEY is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”
- Matthew 7:24-27 (NKJV) Jesus warns, "Therefore whoever HEARS these SAYINGS of Mine, and DOES them, I will liken him to a WISE MAN who BUILT his HOUSE on the ROCK: and the RAIN Descended, the FLOODS came, and the WINDS BLEW & BEAT on that House; and it did NOTFALL, for it was FOUNDED on the ROCK. But EVERYONE who HEARS these SAYINGS of Mine, and does NOT DO THEM, will be like a FOOLISH MAN who BUILT his House on the SAND; and the RAIN DESCENDED, the FLOODS came, and the WINDS BLEW and BEAT on that House; and
it FELL. And GREAT was its FALL."
- Revelation 2:26 Jesus says, "To all who are Victorious, who OBEY ME to the very end, to them I will give authority over all the nations."
- Matthew 12:50 Jesus says, "Anyone who DOES THE WILL of my Father in heaven is My Brother and Sister and Mother!”
- Mark 3:35 Jesus says, "Anyone who DOES GOD’s WILL is My Brother and Sister and Mother.”
- Ecclesiastes12:13-14 "FEAR GOD and OBEY HIS COMMANDS, for this is everyone’s duty. God will Judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad."
6 - They are Forsaking Sin & Do Not Practice Sin
- 1 John 3:6-10 "Anyone who continues to live in him will not sin. But anyone who keeps on sinning does not know him or understand who he is. Dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God."
- Hebrews 10:26-39 "If we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies. For anyone who refused to Obey the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us. For we know the one who said, “I will take revenge. I will pay them back.” He also said, “The Lord will judge his own people. It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God."
7 - They Are Surrendering All to Jesus
- Galatians 2:20 "My old self has been Crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by Trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
- Luke 14:33 Jesus says, "So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own."
8 - They Passionately Love Jesus & Are Conforming Daily to the Image of Jesus
- Luke 14:26 Jesus says, If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison—your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.
- John 14:15 Jesus says, "If you love me, Obey my commandments."
- Mark 12:30-31 Jesus says, "And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”
- Matthew 10:37-39 Jesus says, "If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it."
- 2 Corinthians 3:16-18 "But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."
- Romans 8:29 "For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters."
9 - They Have a Servant's Heart & Love other Believers
- Matthew 23:11 Jesus says, "The GREATEST among you must be a SERVANT."
- John 13:35 Jesus says, "Your LOVE for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
- 1 John 4:7-9 " Beloved, let us LOVE one another: for love is of God; and every one that loves is born of God, and knows God. But the one that does not love does not know God; for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him."
- Galatians 6:10 "WHENEVER we have the OPPORTUNITY, we should DO GOOD to EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY to our CHRISTIAN BROTHERS & SISTERS."
- Matthew 25:35-36 Jesus says, “For I was Hungry, and you Fed me. I was Thirsty and you gave me a Drink. I was a Stranger, and you Invited me into your Home. I was Naked, and you gave me Clothing. I was Sick, and you Cared for me. I was in Prison, and you Visited me…”
- Mark 10:42-45 "So Jesus called them (His Disciples) together and said, “You know that the Rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their Authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a Leader among you must be your SERVANT and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came NOT TO BE SERVED but to SERVE OTHERS and to GIVE HIS LIFE AS A RANSON FOR MANY.”
- Luke 22:26-27 Jesus says, "But among you, those who are the GREATEST SHOULD TAKE THE LOWEST RANK, and the LEADER SHOULD BE LIKE A SERVANT. Normally the Master sits at the table and is served by his Servants. But not here! For I AM YOUR SERVANT."
- Hebrews 10:24 "Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of LOVE and GOOD DEEDS."
- Psalm 112:9 "They give generously to those in need. Their GOOD DEEDS will never be forgotten. They will have influence and honor."
- Titus 2:7 "And you yourself must be an example to them by doing GOOD DEEDS of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching."
10 - They Separate Themselves From the Things of This World & Do Not Compromise
- 2 Corinthains 6:14-18 "Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord. Don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.”
- Romans 12:2 "Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
- 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 "Therefore, come out from them and SEPARATE yourselves from them, says the Lord. DON'T TOUCH THEIR FILTHY THINGS. And I will be your Father, and you will be My Sons and Daughters, says the Lord Almighty, and I will welcome you."
- Titus 2:11-14 "For the Grace of God that brings Salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, DENYING UNGODLINESS AND WORLDLY LUSTS, we should live Soberly, Righteously, and Godly in the present age, looking for the blessed Hope and Glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."
- Psalm 101:2-8 "I will LEAD A LIFE of INTEGRITY IN MY OWN HOME— when will you come to help me? I will REFUSE TO LOOK at anything VILE & VULGAR. I HATE all who DEAL CROOKEDLY; I will have NOTHING to do with them. I will REJECT PERVERSE IDEAS & STAY AWAY from EVERY EVIL. I will NOTTOLERATE People who SLANDER their NEIGHBORS. I will NOT ENDURE CONCEIT & PRIDE. I will SEARCH for FAITHFUL People to be MY COMPANIONS. ONLY those who are ABOVEREPROACH will be allowed to SERVE ME. I will NOT ALLOW DECEIVERS to SERVE in my HOUSE, and LIARS will NOT STAY in my PRESENCE. My Daily task will be to FERRET OUT the WICKED & FREE THE CITY of the LORD FROM THEIR GRIP."
- Titus 1:16 "Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live. They are detestable and DISOBEDIENT, worthless for doing anything good."
- Philippians 4:17-19 “With the Lord's authority let me say this: LIVE NO LONGER AS THE UNGODLY DO, for they are hopelessly confused. Their closed minds are full of darkness; they are far away from the life of God because they have shut their minds and hardened their hearts against him. They don't care anymore about right and wrong, and they have given themselves over to immoral ways. Their lives are filled with all kinds of impurity and greed."
- John 15:18-21 Jesus says, "If the World hates you, remember that it hated me first. The World would love you as one of its own if you belonged to it, but YOU ARE NO LONGER PART OF THE WORLD. I chose you to come out of the World, so it hates you. Do you remember what I told you? ‘A slave is not greater than the master.’ Since they Persecuted me, naturally they will persecute you. And if they had listened to me, they would listen to you. They will do all this to you because of me, for they have rejected the One who sent me."
- Romans 8:6 "To be CARNALLY (Worldly) MINDED is Death.."
11 - They are "Born Again", and They Show Evidence Of A New Nature
- John 3:3 Jesus says, "Unless you are Born Again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God."
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a New Creation; OLD things have passed away; behold, all things have become NEW."
- Galatians 5:22-26 "But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another."
- 1 Peter 1:23 For you have been Born Again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the Eternal, Living Word of God.
12 - They Overcome Satan's Lies, Temptations, & Anything Contrary to God's Word
- 1 John 5:3-5 "Loving God means keeping Hs commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome. For every Child of God defeats this Evil world, and we achieve this victory through our Faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God."
- Revelation 3:5 Jesus says, "All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine."
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 "We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to Obey Christ. And after you have become fully Obedient, we will punish everyone who remains disobedient."
13 - They are Enduring Hardships, Trials, Testings, & Persecutions for Jesus
- 2 Timothy 2:3-13 "Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Soldiers don’t get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them. And athletes cannot win the prize unless they follow the rules. And hardworking farmers should be the first to enjoy the fruit of their labor...because I preach this Good News, I am suffering and have been chained like a criminal. But the word of God cannot be chained. So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen. This is a trustworthy saying: If we die with him, we will also live with him. If we endure hardship, we will reign with him. If we deny him, he will deny us. If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is."
- 2 Corinthians 11:23-33 "Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm. Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger? If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am. God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, who is worthy of eternal praise, knows I am not lying."
14 - They Are Pursuing & Growing in Holiness
- Hebrews 12:14 "Without HOLINESS no one shall see the Lord."
- Leviticus 11:44 “You must be HOLY for I am HOLY.”
- 1 Peter 1:14-17 "So you must live as God’s Obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. But now you must be HOLY in EVERYTHING YOU DO, just as God who chose you is HOLY. For the Scriptures say, “You must be HOLY because I am HOLY.” And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will Judge or Reward you according to what you DO. So you must live in reverent Fear of Him during your time as “foreigners in the land.”
- Isaiah 35:8 "And a great road will go through that once deserted land. It will be named the Highway of HOLINESS. Evil-minded people will never travel on it. It will be only for those who walk in God’s ways; fools will never walk there."
- Ephesians 5:27 "That He (Jesus) might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be HOLY and without Blemish."
- 2 Timothy 1:9 "For God saved us and called us to live a HOLY life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his Grace through Christ Jesus."
- 1 John 3:3 "All who have this eager expectation will keep themselves PURE, just as He is PURE."
- Revelation 19:6-8 “Praise the Lord! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give Honor to Him. For the time has come for the Wedding Feast of the Lamb, and His Bride has prepared herself. She has been given the finest of Pure White Linen to wear.” For the fine linen represents the GOOD DEEDS of God’s HOLY people."
- 2 Peter 3:11 “Since everything around us is going to melt away, what HOLY, Godly lives you should be living! “
- 2 Corinthians 7:1 "Let us CLEANSE ourselves from all FILTHINESS of the Flesh and Spirit, perfecting HOLINESS in the FEAR OF GOD."
- Phiippiansl 2:12-16 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always Obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own Salvation with Fear and Trembling; for it is God who Works in you both to Will and to Do for His Good Pleasure. Do ALL THINGS without COMPLAINING & DISPUTING, that you may become BLAMESS and HARMLESS, Children of God WITHOUT FAULT in the midst of a CROOKED & PERVERSE GENERATION, among whom you SHINE AS LIGHTS IN THE WORLD, holding fast the WORD OF LIFE, so that I may REJOICE in the Day of Christ that I have not run in Vain or Labored in Vain."
15 - They Are Growing in Grace & The Knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ
- 2 Peter 3:18 "You must GROW in the GRACE and KNOWLEDGE of our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. All glory to Him, both now and forever! Amen."
16 - They Fear God & Turn Away From Evil
- Luke 12:5 Jesus says, "But I’ll tell you whom to FEAR. FEAR GOD, who has the power to kill you and then throw you into hell. Yes, he’s the one to FEAR."
- Philippians 2:12 "Work hard to show the results of your salvation, OBEYING GOD with DEEP REVERANCE and FEAR."
- Proverb 3:7 "Don’t be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, FEAR the LORD & TURN AWAY from EVIL."
- Eccliastes 12:13-14 "FEAR GOD and OBEY HIS COMMANDS, for this is everyone’s duty. God will JUDGE us for EVERYTHING we DO, including EVERY SECRET thing, whether GOOD or BAD."
17 - They are Denying Self & Daily Following Jesus— And Are Not Ashamed of Jesus
- Luke 9:23-26 (NASB) Jesus says, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must DENY HIMSELF, and take up his CROSS DAILY and FOLLOW ME. For whoever wishes to SAVE HIS LIFE will LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE for My sake, he is the one who will SAVE IT. For what is a man PROFITED if he GAINS the WHOLE WORLD, and LOSES or FORFEITS himself? For whoever is ASHAMED of ME and MY WORDS, the SON OF MAN will be ASHAMED of him when He comes in HIS GLORY, and the GLORY of the FATHER & of the HOLY ANGELS."
- Galatians 2:20 "I have been CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST; it is no longer I WHO LIVE, but CHRIST LIVES IN ME; and the Life which I now live in the Flesh I live by FAITH in the SON OF GOD, who LOVED ME and GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME."
- Luke 14:26-27 Jesus says, “If you want to be My disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison—your Father and Mother, Wife and Children, Brothers and Sisters—yes, even your own Life. Otherwise, you CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE. And if you do NOT CARRY YOUR OWN CROSS AND FOLLOW ME , you CANNOT BE MY DISCIPLE."
- Luke 14:33 Jesus Says, "No one can become MY DISCIPLE without giving up EVERYTHING for Me."
- Matthew 16:24-27 Jesus said to the disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your SELFISH AMBITION, SHOULDER YOUR CROSS, AND FOLLOW ME. If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life. And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul? For I, the Son of Man, will come in the glory of my Father with his angels and will judge all people according to their deeds.”
- Matthew 19:29 Jesus says, “And everyone who has GIVEN UP HOUSES or BROTHERS or SISTERS or FATHER or MOTHER or CHILDREN or PROPERTY, for My sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will have Eternal Life.”
- Matthew 10:37-39 Jesus says, “If you love your Father or Mother MORE than you love Me, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE; or if you love your Son or Daughter MORE than you love Me, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE. If you REFUSE to take up your CROSS and FOLLOW ME, you are NOT WORTHY OF BEING MINE. If you CLING TO YOUR LIFE, you will LOSE it; but if you GIVE UP YOUR LIFE for Me, you will FIND IT."
- Mark 8:34-38 Jesus says, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him DENY HIMSELF, and TAKE UP HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOW ME. For whoever desires to save his life WILL LOSE IT, but whoever LOSES HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE AND THE GOSPEL'S SAKE WILL SAVE IT. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For whoever is Ashamed of Me and My words in this Adulterous and Sinful Generation, of him the Son of Man also will be Ashamed when He comes in the Glory of His Father with the Holy Angels.”
- Matthew 19:21 Jesus told him, "If you want to be Perfect, GO AND SELL ALL YOU HAVE AND GIVE THE MONEY TO THE POOR, AND YOU WILL HAVE TREASURE IN HEAVEN. THEN COME, FOLLOW ME."
18 - They're Ready, Waiting, & Anticipating the Sudden & Soon Return of Jesus Christ
- Revelation 22:12 JESUS speaking to Believers— "BEHOLD, I am COMING QUICKLY, and MY REWARD is with Me, to Give to every one according to his WORK."
- Luke 12:35-48 Jesus says, "Be DRESSED for SERVICE and keep your LAMPS BURNING, as though you were WAITING for your MASTER to RETURN from the WEDDING FEAST. Then you will be READY to OPEN the DOOR and LET HIM IN the moment HE ARRIVES & KNOCKS. The servants who are READY and WAITING for HIS RETURN will be REWARDED. I tell you the truth, He Himself will seat them, put on an apron, and serve them as they sit and eat! He may come in the middle of the NIGHT or just before DAWN. But whenever He comes, He will REWARD the SERVANTS who are READY. “Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would not permit his house to be broken into. You also MUST be READY ALL the TIME, for the SON of MAN will come when LEAST EXPECTED... "
- 1 Corinthians 15:51-56 (NKJV) BEHOLD, I tell you a Mystery: We shall NOT all SLEEP, but we SHALL all be CHANGED-- IN A MOMENT, in the TWINKLING OF AN EYE, at the LAST TRUMPET. For the TRUMPET WILL SOUND, and the DEAD will be RAISED INCORRUPTIBLE, and we shall be CHANGED. For this CORRUPTIBLE must put on INCORRUPTION, and this MORTALmust put on IMMORTALITY. So when this CORRUPTIBLE has put on INCORRUPTION, and this MORTAL has put on IMMORTALITY, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "DEATH is swallowed up in VICTORY." "O DEATH, where is your STING? O HADES, where is your VICTORY?" The STING OF DEATH IS SIN, and the STRENGTH OF SIN is the LAW.”
- Matthew 25:13 Jesus says, “So you, too, must keep Watch! For you do NOT know the DAY or HOUR of My Return."
19 - They're Productive & Bear Much Fruit by Giving Jesus Their: Time, Money, Talent
- John 15:8 Jesus says, "MY TRUE DISCIPLES PRODUCE MUCH FRUIT. THIS BRINGS GREAT GLORY TO MY FATHER."
- Matthew 3:8 (Luke 3:8 too) John the Baptist—"Prove by the way you live that you have Repented of your Sins (BEAR FRUIT WORTHY OF REPENTANCE) and turned to God.
- Matthew 13:18-23 Jesus explained, Now here is the explanation of the story I told about the Farmer sowing grain (Seed is the Good News): The seed that fell on the hard path represents those who hear the Good News about the Kingdom and don't understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches the seed (Good News) away from their hearts. The rocky soil represents those who hear the message (Good News) and receive it with joy. But like young plants in such soil, their roots don't go very deep. At first they get along fine, but they wilt as soon as they have problems or are persecuted because they believe the word. The thorny ground represents those who hear and accept the Good News, but all too quickly the message (Good News)is crowded out by the cares of this life and the lure of wealth, so no crop is produced. THE GOOD SOIL REPRESENTS THE HEARTS OF THOSE WHO TRULY ACCEPT GOD'S MESSAGE (Good News) AND PRODUCE A HUGE HARVEST— THIRTY, SIXTY, AND EVEN A HUNDRED TIMES AS MUCH AS HAD BEEN PLANTED.
- Mark 4:8 Jesus says, Still other seed fell on FERTILE SOIL AND PRODUCED A CROP THAT WAS THIRTY, SIXTY, AND EVEN A HUNDRED TIMES AS MUCH AS HAD BEEN PLANTED.
- Mark 4:20 Jesus says, But the GOOD SOIL represents those who hear and accept God's message and produce a huge harvest — THIRTY, SIXTY, AND EVEN A HUNDRED TIMES AS MUCH AS HAD BEEN PLANTED.
- Luke 8:8 Jesus says, Still other seed fell on FERTILE SOIL. This SEED GREW AND PRODUCED A CROP ONE HUNDRED TIMES AS MUCH AS HAD BEEN PLANTED. When he had said this, he called out, Anyone who is willing to hear should listen and understand!
- Luke 8:15 Jesus says, But the GOOD SOIL represents HONEST, GOOD-HEARTED PEOPLE WHO HEAR GOD'S MESSAGE, CLING TO IT, AND STEADILY PRODUCE A HUGE HARVEST.
- John 15:4-5 Jesus says,Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful apart from Me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. THOSE WHO REMAIN IN ME, AND I IN THEM, WILLPRODUCE MUCH FRUIT. FOR APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING.
- John 15:16 Jesus says, You didn't choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to GO AND PRODUCE FRUIT THAT WILL LAST, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My Name.
- Romans 7:4-6 "The law no longer holds you in its power, because you died to its power when you died with Christ on the cross. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, you can PRODUCE GOOD FRUIT, that is, GOOD DEEDS FOR GOD. When we were controlled by our old nature, sinful desires were at work within us, and the law aroused these evil desires that produced sinful deeds, resulting in death. But now we have been released from the law, for we died with Christ, and we are no longer captive to its power. Now we can really serve God, not in the old way by obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way, by the Spirit."
- Galatians 5:22-26 "But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, HE WILL PRODUCE THIS KIND OF FRUIT IN US: LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, AND SELF-CONTROL. Here there is no conflict with the law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. If we are living now by the Holy Spirit, let us follow the Holy Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or irritate one another, or be jealous of one another."
- James 3:18 "And those who are peacemakers will PLANT SEEDS OF PEACE AND REAP A HARVEST OF GOODNESS."
- Philippians 1:11 "May you always be filled with the FRUIT OF YOUR SALVATION—those GOOD THINGS THAT ARE PRODUCED IN YOUR LIFE BY JESUS CHRIST— for this will bring MUCH GLORY AND PRAISE TO GOD."
- John 4:35-38 Jesus says, "Look around you! Vast fields are Ripening all around us and are ready now for the Harvest. The Harvesters are paid Good Wages, and THE FRUIT THEY HARVEST IS PEOPLE BROUGHT TO ETERNAL LIFE. What Joy awaits both the Planter and the Harvester alike! You know the saying, 'One person plants and someone else harvests.' And it's true. I sent you to Harvest where you didn't plant; others had already done the Work, and you will gather the Harvest."
- 1 Corinthians 3:7-9 "The ones who do the Planting or Watering aren't important, but God is important because He is the one who makes the SEED GROW. The one who Plants and the one who Waters WORK AS A TEAM WITH THE SAME PURPOSE. Yet they will be rewarded individually, according to their own hard work. We work together as Partners who belong to God. You are God's field, God's building—not ours.
- Ephesians 6:6-7 "Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
- Matthew 25:23 Jesus says, "The Master said, ‘Well done, My GOOD and FAITHFUL SERVANT. You have been FAITHFUL IN HANDLING THIS SMALL AMOUNT, so now I will give you MANY MORE RESPONSIBILITIES. Let’s celebrate together!’
- Matthew 25:29 Jesus says, "To those who USE WELL what they are given, even MORE will be given, and they will have an ABUNDANCE. But from those who DO NOTHING, even what little they have will be TAKEN AWAY."
20 - They Hold To Essential Christian Doctrines Such As—
- The Deity of Christ (Col 2:9)
- His Virgin Birth (Luke 1:26-35)
- His Substitute Death (1 Pet 1:18-25, 2 Cor 5:21)
- His Resurrection From the Dead (1 Cor 15:3-8)
- Salvation by Grace (Eph 2:8-9, Titus 2:4-7)
- They Believe in the Trinity (2 Cor 13:14, Matt 28:19) etc.
Are You Really A Christian? Take the 15 Question Test
Biblical Assurance Videos
In the ABOVE Video Playlist the 2nd Video Sermon STARTS at TIME: 10:16; the 3rd Video at: 6:24. Other Videos start right away
Doctrine of Election Videos - What is the Doctrine of Election?
True & False Conversion - Audio
Why do so many in the Church Look & Act just like the World?
Biblical Evangelism - Audio
(AUDIO & PDF is Non-Copyright: Freely Copy & Distribute to Friends)
"HOW CAN I KNOW I AM SAVED?"
COPYRIGHT BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
"HOW CAN I KNOW I AM SAVED?" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED