- Category: GOSPEL
Gospel of Jesus Christ
What Does It Mean That Jesus Died For Our Sins?
- 2 Corinthians 5:20-21 (NASB) "Therefore, we are AMBASSADORS for CHRIST, as though GOD were making an APPEAL through us; we BEG YOU on behalf of CHRIST, be RECONCILED TO GOD. HE made HIM (JESUS) who knew NO SIN to be SIN on our BEHALF, so that WE might become the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD in HIM."
- Romans 5:6-12 (NASB) "For while we were still HELPLESS, at the right time CHRIST DIED for the UNGODLY. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God DEMONSTRATES His own LOVE toward US, in that while we were yet SINNERS, CHRIST DIED for us. Much more then, having now been JUSTIFIED by His HIS BLOOD, we shall be SAVED from the WRATH of GOD through Him. For if while we were ENEMIES we were RECONCILED to GOD through the DEATH of HIS SON, much more, having been RECONCILED, we shall be SAVED by HIS LIFE. 11) And not only this, but we also EXULT in GOD through our LORD JESUS CHRIST, through whom we have now received the RECONCILIATION. Therefore, just as through ONE MAN SIN entered into the WORLD, and DEATH through SIN, and so DEATH spread to ALL MAN, because ALL SINNED.."
- Colossians 2:14 "HE CANCELLED the RECORD that contained the CHARGES against us. He TOOK IT and DESTROYED it by NAILING it to CHRIST''S CROSS."
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com ® / SO4J-TV
When Jesus Died on the Cross, God the Father unloaded His Fury, Anger, Wrath— PUNISHMENT (Isaiah 53:4-12, Isaiah 52:13-14) upon an Innocent, and SINLESS (1 Peter 3:18) Jesus (God's Son). On the Cross, God treated Jesus as if He had personally committed every Sin— by every Person, in the History of the World— those people who would ever Turn to Him for Salvation (Matthew 4:17). God the Father treated Jesus as if Jesus had lived OUR Sinful Life on this Earth— so that God could treat those who would Repent & Believe the Gospel (Mark 1:15) as if we had lived His PERFECT LIFE! Sin has to be paid for— Justice has to be served, to satisfy God's Righteous & Holy Anger towards Sin (Romans 2:5-11, Ephesians 2:3; 5:6). Jesus became the SUBSTITUTE (1 Thessalonians 5:9-10, 2 Corinthians 5:21) for ALL people— those people who would Repent & Believe the Gospel - Mark 1:15. (Luke 13:3,5, Acts 20:21, Acts 17:30-31, Acts 2:38, Acts 3:19, Acts 20:21).
HIS PROPHESIED: VIRGIN BIRTH (Prophecy in O.T.- Isaiah 7:14 / Fulfilled in N.T.- Matthew 1:22-23), Jesus' Horrific DEATH (Prophecy in O.T.- Isaiah 53:12, Isaiah 52:14 / Fulfilled in N.T- Matthew 27:50), Jesus' RESURRECTION from the Dead (Prophecy O.T.- Psalm 16:10 / Fulfilled O.T. Luke 24:6,31,34) was Prophesied HUNDREDS & THOUSANDS of Years in Advance. ALL Bible Prophecies About Jesus Were Fullfilled in the Bible!
WHY DID JESUS HAVE TO DIE FOR OUR SINS?
God used the Substitutionary Sacrificial Death of Jesus to Demonstrate (Romans 5:8) for ALL Time His Incredible Wealth of Kindness— and His Infinite Love for us. He did so by using the Backdrop of Evil (2 Corinthians 4:6)— which then allowed God to HIGHLIGHT to ALL His Goodness & Mercy (Psalm 23:6). In Ephesians 2:7 it says, "So God can POINT TO US in ALL FUTURE AGES as EXAMPLES of the INCREDIBLE WEALTH of His GRACE and KINDNESS towards us, as shown in all He has done for us who are united with CHRIST JESUS." God will Forever Receive GLORY & HONOR for all He has done for those who are in Christ Jesus (Revelation 4:11, Revelation 5:12-13). Jesus, who is RIGHTEOUS, HOLY, and JUST, DIED for the UNJUST. (NKJV - 1 Peter 3:18). Christ became a "CURSE" for us (Galatians 3:13) in order that we could become "the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" (NKJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21). In other words, we did a Crime, and Jesus stepped in, and Paid our Fine. This is such Good News. Mark 1:1 "This is the Good News about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God." (1 Corinthians 15:2-9). This is a Work of God's Infinite Love & Mercy towards us Sinners (1 Thessalonians 5:9-10, John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Ephesians 2:1-8).
- Matthew 7:13-14 (NASB) "Enter through the NARROW GATE; for the GATE is WIDE and the WAY is BROAD that leads to DESTRUCTION, and there are MANY who enter through it. For the GATE is SMALL & the WAY is NARROW that leads to LIFE, and there are FEW who find it.”
- John 10:9 Jesus—"I AM THE GATE. Those who come in through ME will be SAVED."
THERE ARE 2 CHOICES TO HAVE OUR SINS "PAID IN FULL":
1 - We can Pay for our OWN Sins by spending Eternity in HELL (Revelatian 21:7-8; 20:11-15)
2 - We can Have JESUS CHRIST Pay For Our Sins. What Does That Mean?:
Jesus, who is Infinitely Holy & Perfect took our Sins upon Himself, so God's Wrath & Punishment for our Sin can be Satisfied. God can then CANCEL THE RECORD OF THE CHARGES OF SIN that is presently being held against us (Colossians 2:14). He will Forgive us, and Cleanse us from ALL Unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). He will ADOPT us as His Children (Galatians 4:5-7)— and we become BORN AGAIN (John 3:3), into God's Family (1 John 3:9). As His Children, we are to Reflect the GLORIOUS IMAGE OF CHRIST in our Lives (2 Corinthians 3:18, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Matthew 5:16), by living HOLY & Clean lives (1 Peter 1:14-17) for GOD'S GLORY (1 Corinthians 10:31, John 3:30)— out of a LOVE FOR JESUS (John 14:15, John 14:21, Luke 6:46). God will then make us CO-HEIRS WITH CHRIST (Romans 8:17), and we will RULE & REIGN WITH CHRIST in God's Kingdom— FOREVER! (Revelation 20:6, Revelation 1:6, Matthew 13:43) This was God's Plan long ago, to Adopt us into His Family (Ephesians 1:4-5).
IF however we REJECT JESUS, and REFUSE TO OBEY THE GOOD NEWS (Hebrews 10:26-31, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-11), and/or we continue to PRACTICE SIN (1 John 3:9-10), we prove that we are NOT God's Children, but we Prove (Matt 3:8) that we are Children of the Devil (1 John 3:6-7,8, 1 John 2:3-6), who is the Father of Lies (John 8:44).
There will be a Judgment Day where Jesus will punish all Lawbreakers (Matthew 7:22-23). A Righteous Judge reacts towards Sin & Wrongdoing with Justice, and does NOT let: Murderers, Rapists, Thieves go Free. Jesus is that Righteous Judge (2 Corinthians 5:10-11, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-11, 2 Timothy 4:1), and because He is Infinitely Holy & Righteous (1 Peter 1:15-17), His Punishment for Sin is Infinite. (Romans 2:5-6,7-8,9-16). His Rewards are Infinite too (1 Corinthians 2:9). Read More: Judgments of God For Sin OR Rewards in Heaven
WHAT DOES JESUS WANT US TO DO?
Repent & Believe the Gospel - Mark 1:15 (Acts 17:30-31, James 4:4-10). Repentance is truly a Work of God in you— it is God giving you a desire to do what pleases Him (Philippians 2:13). So if you are Hearing His voice today (John 10:3-17), and we hear His Voice through the Preaching of the Gospel (1 Cor 1:18-31)— Don't harden your Hearts (Heb 3:7-14). Believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Then Pick up your Cross Daily, Turn from your Sin & Selfish Ways(2 Corinthians 6:2), & Follow Jesus (Luke 9:23-26). Read Your Bible everyday (Romans 10:17), and Obey God's Word because you Love Jesus (John 14:15,21,24), and want to Glorify God in all you do (1 Corinthians 10:31).
The Gospel of Jesus Christ: Video at the very top is from the— SO4J-TV Show: JUDGMENT DAY - ARE YOU READY?
"GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST" (SUMMED-UP)
COPYRIGHT BY MARTHA MAC © SO4J.com ® SO4J-TV & VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
"GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?" MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—
IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
ALL GRAPHICS ARE COPYRIGHT © SO4J -TV ® SO4J.com