- Category: NO COMPROMISE CHRISTIAN
Facebook & Twitter - Does What You Post Online Matter to Jesus?
Questions to Ask Yourself BEFORE you Post Online to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs, Websites
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV
FACEBOOK & TWITTER - DOES WHAT YOU POST ONLINE MATTER TO JESUS? Does What You Post, Say, and Do on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Websites, Blogs, Online Matter to Jesus? Does What you Write & Post about matter to the Lord as a Christian? Yes it does! (Matt 12:34-37, 1 Cor 5:10) The TOP half of this page is from SO4J-TV, and if you scroll way down you will read John MacArthur's Article: Exposing the Truth about Men's Hearts re: Matthew 12:33-37.
- Matthew 12:33-37 Jesus says, "Either make the TREE GOOD & its FRUIT GOOD, or else make the TREE BAD & its FRUIT BAD; for a TREE IS KNOWN BY ITS FRUIT. Brood of Vipers! How can you, being EVIL, SPEAK GOOD THINGS? For out of the ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS. A GOOD MAN out of the GOOD TREASURE OF HIS HEART brings FORTH GOOD THINGS, and an EVIL MAN out of the EVIL TREASURE brings forth EVIL THINGS. But I say to you that for EVERY IDLE WORD MEN MAY SPEAK, they will GIVE ACCOUNT of it in the DAY OF JUDGMENT. For by YOUR WORDS you will be JUSTIFIED, and by YOUR WORDS you will be CONDEMNED."
- 2 Corinthians 5:10 Paul to Believers— “For we must ALL APPEAR before the JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST, that EACH ONE may RECEIVE the things DONE IN THE BODY, according to what he has DONE, whether GOOD or BAD.
- DOES WHAT I POST ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, ONLINE MATTER TO JESUS?
- 5 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU POST ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ONLINE?
- DOES THE AMOUNT OF TIME WE SPEND ONLINE MATTER TO THE LORD?
- EXPOSING THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN'S HEARTS - Matthew 12:33-37 - JOHN MACARTHUR
- JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST - VIDEO
- FIVE CROWNS & REWARDS IN HEAVEN - SO4J-TV
Does What I Post on Facebook, Twitter,
Youtube, Online Matter to Jesus?
Does the Amount of Time I Spend Online Matter to the Lord?
Yes, the Amount of TIME we Spend Online Does matter to the Lord, and we will be talking about that later in this Article. This Article aims to Encourage Fellow Christians to use our many God-given Opportunities Online for "God's Glory!" (1 Cor 10:31).
It's Surprising what one finds out about other People, and Professing Christians on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Blogs, Websites, Online, etc— through the many Postings, Videos, & Photos! It’s sad to see so MANY Professing Christians (well known ones too) Promoting (so to speak) Worldliness on Facebook, Twitter, etc— when we should be Separating ourselves from the Things and the Love of this World— and from being “Friends with the World”.
We at SO4J-TV are not coming from a standpoint of Legalism here— being Lawgivers. In the Body of Christ we're all at different levels of Faith. However, Jesus clearly Exhorts & Warns us here:
- Matthew 12:34 Jesus says, "Out of the Abundance of the Heart the Mouth Speaks..”
- Matthew 12:36-37 Jesus warns, “But I say to you that for EVERY IDLE WORD men may SPEAK, they will GIVE ACCOUNT of it in the DAY OF JUDGMENT. For by your WORDS you will be JUSTIFIED (Believers), and by your WORDS you will be CONDEMNED (Unbeliever).
For those Professing Christians who speak out of one side of their Mouth that they "Love the Lord", yet on the other side of their Mouth they Speak Worldly & Idle Words on: Facebook, Twitter, and Online, etc— you might be (and most likely are) a Stumbling Block to others— depending on what it is of course. We're not telling people what they must Post Online to be acceptable to the Lord! But we do want to Exhort fellow Believers with what God's Word says about our Words Online, and what we might be Posting.
Here is what the Book of James says about living a Compromising life with our Words:
- James 3:5-18 “But NO MAN can Tame the TONGUE. It is an UNRULY EVIL, FULL OF DEADLY POISON. With it we BLESS our God and Father, and with it we CURSE MEN, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the SAME MOUTH proceed BLESSING and CURSING. My Brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a SPRING send forth FRESH WATER and BITTER from the same opening? Can a FIG TREE, my brethren, BEAR OLIVES, or a GRAPEVINE BEAR FIGS? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh. Who is WISE and UNDERSTANDING among you? Let him show by GOOD CONDUCT that his works are done in the MEEKNESS OF WISDOM. But if you have BITTER ENVY and SELF-SEEKING in your hearts, DO NOT BOAST and LIE AGAINST THE TRUTH. This WISDOM does NOT descend from above, but is EARTHLY, SENSUAL, DEMONIC. For where ENVY and SELF-SEEKING EXIST, CONFUSION and every EVIL thing are there. But the WISDOM that is from ABOVE IS FIRST PURE, then PEACEABLE, GENTLE, WILLING TO YIELD, FULL of MERCY and GOOD FRUITS, WITHOUT PARTIALITY and WITHOUT HYPOCRISY. Now the FRUIT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS is sown in PEACE by those who MAKE PEACE."
A Consistent amount of Worldly Talk and/or Photos of Worldliness, & Videos as well is: Condoning & Approving of what God Hates— Being a "Friend of the World makes us an Enemy of God".
- James 4:4 “Adulterers & Adulteresses! Do you not know that Friendship with the World is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a Friend of the World makes himself an Enemy of God.”
- 2 Corinthians 6:17 Therefore "Come out from Among them and be SEPARATE, says the Lord. Do NOT Touch what is Unclean, and I will receive you."
- Romans 12:2 “Do NOT be Conformed to this World, but be Transformed by the Renewing of your Mind, that you may Prove what is that Good & Acceptable and Perfect Will of God.”
- 1 John 2:15-17 “Do NOT love the WORLD or the things in the World. If anyone Loves the World, the Love of the Father is not in Him. For all that is in the World--the Lust of the Flesh, the Lust of the Eyes, and the Pride of Life— is Not of the Father but is of the World. And the World is Passing away, and the Lust of it; but he who does the Will of God abides Forever.”
5 Questions To Ask Yourself BEFORE You Post Anything on—
FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ONLINE
5 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING ON—
FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ONLINE
By Martha Mac / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & Video Productions
1 - DOES WHAT YOU SAY GLORIFY GOD?
2 - DOES WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY— IS IT: TRUE, HONORABLE, PURE, EXCELLENT, & PRAISEWORTHY?
3 - DOES WHAT YOU SAY REPRESENT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST?
4 - DOES WHAT YOU SAY MAGNIFY YOURSELF OR CHRIST? WOULD JESUS GIVE YOU A "THUMBS UP?"
5 - DOES WHAT YOU SAY EXHORT, EDIFY, ENCOURAGE, WARN, UPLIFT GOD'S PEOPLE?
1 - Does What You Say Glorify God?
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether you EAT or DRINK, or Whatever you DO, DO ALL to the GLORY OF GOD."
- Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you DO in WORD or DEED, DO ALL in the NAME OF THE LORD JESUS, giving THANKS to GOD THE FATHER through HIM (JESUS)."
- 1 Peter 4:11 "Do you have the Gift of SPEAKING? Then SPEAK as though GOD HIMSELF were SPEAKING through you. Do you have the Gift of HELPING OTHERS?DO IT (HELP OTHERS) with all the STRENGTH & ENERGY that God Supplies. ThenEVERYTHING you DO will bring GLORY TO GOD through JESUS CHRIST. All GLORY & POWER to HIM FOREVER & EVER! Amen."
2 - Is What You Want To Say: True, Honorable, Pure, Excellent, &/or Praiseworthy?
- Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatever things are TRUE, whatever things NOBLE, whatever things are RIGHT, whatever is PURE, whatever is LOVELY, whatever is ADMIRABLE— if anything is EXCELLENT or PRAISEWORTHY— THINK about SUCH THINGS.”
3 - Does What You Say Represent the Lord Jesus Christ?
- Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you DO in WORD or DEED, DO ALL in the NAME of the LORD JESUS, giving THANKS to GODTHE FATHER through HIM (JESUS).”
- 1 Corinthians 11:1, 1 Cor 4:16 “IMITATE ME, just as I also IMITATE CHRIST.”
- 1 Thessalonians 1:6 “ You also became IMITATORS OF US and of the LORD, having RECEIVED THE WORD in much TRIBULATION with the JOY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT..”
- Hebrews 13:7 “Remember your LEADERS, who spoke the Word of God to you. Consider the Outcome of their way of life and IMITATE THEIR FAITH.”
- Philippians 3:17 "Dear Brothers & Sisters, PATTERN your LIVES after MINE, and LEARN from those who FOLLOW OUR EXAMPLE.”
4 - Does What You Say Magnify Self or Christ? Would Jesus Give You a "Thumbs Up?"
- John 3:30 John the Baptist said, “He (Jesus) must INCREASE, but I must DECREASE.”
- John 1:27 “I’m NOT even WORTHY to be his SLAVE and UNTIE the STRAPS of His SANDAL.”
- Philippians 3:3 "We RELY on what CHRIST JESUS has done for us. WE PUTNO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH (human effort)."
- Luke 14:10 Jesus says,“But when you are INVITED, go and sit down in the LOWEST PLACE, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, 'FRIEND, GO UP HIGHER.' Then you will have Glory in the Presence of those who sit at the table with you.”
5 - Does What You Say Exhort, Edify, Encourage, Warn, Uplift God's People?
Avoid Foolish & Ignorant Disputes, Knowing that they Generate Strife!
- 2 Timothy 2:23-26"AVOID FOOLISH & IGNORANT DISPUTES, Knowing that they GENERATE STRIFE. A SERVANT of the LORD must NOT QUARREL but be GENTLE to ALL, able to TEACH, PATIENT in HUMILITY correcting those in OPPOSITION, if God perhaps will grant them REPENTANCE, so that they may KNOW the TRUTH, & that they may come to their SENSES & ESCAPE the SNARE of the DEVIL, having been taken CAPTIVE by him to do his will."
- Hebrews 10:24 “And let us Consider one another in order to Stir Up Love and Good Works”
- Ephesians 5:19-21 “Speaking to One Another in Psalms and Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Singing and Making Melody in your Heart to the Lord, giving Thanks Always for ALL things to God the Father in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Submitting to One Another in the Fear of God.”
- Hebrews 3:13 “Exhort one another DAILY, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be Hardened through the Deceitfulness of Sin.”
- 2 Timothy 4:2-22 "PREACH THE WORD! Be Ready in Season & Out of Season (all the time). CONVINCE, REBUKE, EXHORT, with all LONGSUFFERING & TEACHING. For the Time will come when they will NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE, but according to their OWN DESIRES, because they have ITCHING EARS, they will HEAP up for themselves TEACHERS; and they will TURN their EARS AWAY from the TRUTH, and be turned aside to FABLES. But you be WATCHFUL in ALL things, ENDURE AFFLICTIONS, do the work of an Evangelist, fulfill your Ministry."
- Ephesians 4:29 "Let no UNWHOLESOME WORD proceed from your Mouth, but only such a Word as is Good for Edification according to the Need of the moment, so that it will give GRACE to those who hear.”
Does the Amount of TIME we Spend Online Matter to the Lord?
Yes, the Amount of TIME we Spend Online Does matter to the Lord. As Believers in Jesus Christ we’re to be using all of our God-given OPPORTUNITIES on this Earth to Redeem the Time, and use our TIMEWISELY.
- Colossians 4:5 "LIVE WISELY among those who are not Christians, and make the MOST of
- Ephesians 5:15-16 "So be CAREFUL how you LIVE, NOT as FOOLS but as those who are WISE. Make the most of EVERY OPPORTUNITY FOR DOING GOOD IN THESE EVIL DAYS."
We're to Spend our Time in being Preach the Word— be “SO4J (Sold Out For Jesus) FIRE-SNATCHERS!"
- Jude 1:23 “Have Mercy on some, who are Doubting; Save others, SNATCHING them out of the FIRE; and on some have Mercy with Fear, Hating even the Garment polluted by the Flesh.”
Make the use of Every Opportunity To Do Good & To Preach The Gospel
- Colossians 4:3 "Don't forget to PRAY for us, too, that God will give us many OPPORTUNITIES to PREACH about HIS SECRET PLAN—that CHRIST is also for you Gentiles. That is why I am here in chains."
- 2 Corinthians 2:12 "Well, when I came to the City of Troas to PREACH the GOOD NEWS of CHRIST, the LORD gave me TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITIES."
- Matthew 10:18 Jesus says, "And you must stand trial before Governors and Kings because you are My Followers. This will be your OPPORTUNITY to TELL THEM about ME—yes, to witness to the World."
- Mark 13:9 Jesus says, "But when these things begin to happen, watch out! You will be handed over to the courts and beaten in the synagogues. You will be accused before governors and kings of being my followers. This will be your OPPORTUNITY to TELL THEM about ME."
- Luke 21:13-16 Jesus says, "This will be your OPPORTUNITY to TELL THEM about Me. So don't worry about how to answer the charges against you, for I will give you the right words and such wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to reply! Even those closest to you—your parents, brothers, relatives, and friends—will betray you. And some of you will be killed..."
- John 11:15 Jesus said, "And for your sake, I am glad I wasn't there, because this will give you another OPPORTUNITY to believe in Me..."
- Acts 3:12 "Peter saw his OPPORTUNITY and addressed the crowd. "People of Israel," he said, "what is so astounding about this? And why look at us as though we had made this man walk by our own power and godliness?"
- Acts 5:31 "Then God put him in the place of honor at his right hand as Prince and Savior. He did this to give the people of Israel an OPPORTUNITY to TURN FROM THEIR SINS and TURN TO GOD so their sins would be forgiven."
- Proverbs 10:5 "A wise youth works hard all summer; a youth who sleeps away the Hour of OPPORTUNITY brings shame."
- Zeph 2:2 "Gather while there is still time, before Judgment begins and your OPPORTUNITY is blown away like chaff. ACT NOW, before the fierce fury of the Lord falls and the terrible Day of the Lord's anger begins."
- Galatians 6:10 "Whenever we have the OPPORTUNITY, we should DO GOOD to EVERYONE, especially to our CHRISTIAN BROTHERS & SISTERS."
- Romans 1:10 "One of the things I always PRAY for is the OPPORTUNITY, God willing, to come at last to see you."
- 2 Corinthians 9:10 "For God is the one who gives seed to the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, He will give you MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO DO GOOD, and He will Produce a great Harvest of generosity in you."
If One is Spending MORE Time on Facebook than to Obey God's Word in other Areas of our Life that of course would be Wrong— and Maybe Sinful
And if one is spending MORE time on Facebook than to Obey Gods Word in other areas of your life, that of course would be wrong, and maybe Sinful. Example: If we're not spending the Necessary TIME to Provide Food & Clothing for our Families.
- 1 Timothy 5:8 (NKJV) "But if anyone does Not PROVIDE for his OWN, and ESPECIALLY for those of his Household, he has DENIED THE FAITH & is WORSE than an UNBELIEVER." ...not good for sure.
Another Quick Example: Eph 5:25 "Husbands Love your Wife"..(i.e. visa versa)
- 1 Corinthians 7:31-35 "A MARRIED MAN has to THINK about his Earthly Responsibilities AND how to PLEASE HIS WIFE. His Interests are DIVIDED. In the same way, a woman who is NO LONGER MARRIED or has NEVER been Married can be DEVOTED TO THE LORD and Holy in Body and in Spirit. But a MARRIED WOMAN has to THINK about her Earthly Responsibilities AND how to Please her Husband. I am saying this for your benefit, not to place Restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you SERVE the Lord BEST, with as FEW DISTRACTIONS as possible."
So we need to be careful not to be Spending so much Time Online that we are Neglecting our Earthly Responsibilities. We should not Neglect our Time in Prayer, Bible Reading, Fellowship with Believers—our Relationship with the Lord. Otherwise we could be setting up Idols in our life.
PRAYER: "LORD, help us to be Aware of our Time & to Redeem the Time (use it wisely) as well...knowing you are Coming Back soon for your Bride that is without Spot or Wrinkle (Matt 24:44, Eph 5:27)! Help us to use All of our MANY & VARIOUS GOSPEL OPPORTUNITIES that you give us Online for your Glory! Give us Strength, and Help us to be FAITHFUL to Preach the Word of God (Mark 16:15), with Boldness (Acts 4:31) & Conviction (John 16:8), doing so out of Love (1 Cor 14:1). Lord Bless!
Below is Excerpts from John MacArthur's Teaching about Matt 12:34-37..very good.
"DOES WHAT YOU SAY & DO ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER MATTER?"Facebook & Twitter - Does What You Post Online Matter to Jesus?
"DOES WHAT YOU SAY & DO ON FACEBOOK & TWITTER MATTER?"
MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS
ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
Exposing the Truth About Men's Hearts
Article below is By John MacArthur
BELOW - LINKS:
EXPOSING THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN'S HEARTS - Matthew 12:33-37 - JOHN MACARTHUR
FIVE CROWNS & REWARDS IN HEAVEN - SO4J-TV
THESE ARE EXCERPTS FROM JOHN MACARTHUR’S ARTICLE:
- EXPOSING THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN'S HEARTS - AUDIO & ARTICLE - HERE
- Matthew 12:36-37 "But I say to you that for EVERY IDLE WORD men may speak, they will give ACCOUNT of it in the DAY OF JUDGMENT. For by your WORDS you will be JUSTIFIED, and by your WORDS you will be CONDEMNED."
Excerpt from John MacArthur's Article: Some people have a problem understanding that we will ULTIMATELY BE JUDGED on our WORKSand on our WORDS. We saw that in:
- Romans 2:6, where it says that God will “Render to every man according to his DEEDS.”
Here it says He will Judge men according to their WORDS. By your WORKSand your WORDS will come your Eternal Judgment. What this says is NOT to Obviate or Negate Salvation By Grace Through Faith, but simply to show you that Salvation by Grace Through Faith Will Demonstrate itself in GOOD WORKS and GOOD WORDS, so that they become the Objective Criteria by which GOD can make that Judgment.
The WORDS of Men are Accurate GAGUES of their HEARTS; if you have a Transformed Heart and Jesus Christ has come into your life and transformed your heart, then you will Speak Words by which God will JUSTIFY you. If Christ has Never Changed your Heart, then you will speak Words by which God will Condemn you.
THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE'RE NOT SAVED BY GRACE. We are saved by Grace through Faith, that NOT of works, lest any man should boast. But the next verse says,
- Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for GOOD WORKS, which God prepared beforehand that we should WALK IN THEM."
We ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH unto WORKS and WORDS. The WORKS and the WORDS prove that the Faith has been there. So God can look objectively at your WORDS and know whether you've been REDEEMED, and so can you. If you have any Question about whether you're Saved, LISTEN TO YOURSELF when you talk when no one is around, or when you're ANGRY, IRRITATED, UPSET, or THOUGHTLESS. WORDS WILL REVEAL WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART. Let's start at:
- Matthew 12:37 and the last phrase, "By your WORDS you will be CONDEMNED."
Do You Honor God with your Lips, but your Heart is Far from Him? - Mark 7:6-8
Every person is responsible for what he says, and if he rejects Jesus Christ, then he will be responsible for the result of it, which will be a Lifetime of Useless, Empty, Evil Words. I believe primarily, this applies to Unbelievers, the Wicked. They will be Condemned by their Words. I think that Judgmenthere is primarily the Judgment of the Great White Throne; Ultimate Eternal Judgment. Christians aren't going to be there because our sins have already been dealt with, cared for and dismissed at Calvary. Sure, we've sinned with our Tongues & Mouths, but ours are under the Covering Of Christ. But these others with Unbelieving Hearts are going to have nothing but Unbelieving Words, and by those Words they will be Condemned.
They will be condemned Subjectively by their Lack of Faith in Christ, and Objectivelyby the WORDS of their MOUTH and the DEEDS of their LIFE.
- Luke 19:22 says it simply, "Out of your own MOUTH I will JUDGE YOU, you WICKED SERVANT."
You see, when God comes to the time to judge the evil people in Revelation 20, He opens BOOKS.
- Revelation 20:11-16 "And I saw a Great White Throne, and I saw the one who was sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both Great and Small, standing before God's Throne. And the BOOKS were Opened, including the BOOK OF LIFE. And the Dead (Unsaved) were Judged according to the things written in the BOOKS, according to what they had Done. The sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the grave gave up the dead in them. They were all All Judgedaccording to their DEEDS. And Death and the Grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death—the Lake of Fire. And anyone whose name was NOT found recorded in the BOOK OF LIFE was thrown into the Lake of Fire."
I believe those BOOKS have in them all the DEEDS and WORDS of these people. You can run through all the Deeds & Words and find no Good Thing, and He Keeps the full record.”
MORE EXCERPTS FROM JOHN MACARTHUR'S ARTICLE:…There is an Accountability in all of our lives for everything that we SAY, and God has a way of recovering all of that and using it in that time of Judgment to indict the Ungodly. But it also says in:
- Matthew 12:37 Jesus says, "By your WORDS you will be JUSTIFIED."
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? That means that a believer will Ultimately be Justified Objectively by their Faith in Christ, but it is manifest in our WORDS so that our WORDS can become a valid criteriaby which our Salvation can be made obvious, manifest. When there is a Transformed Heart, there will be a Transformed Mouth, because out of the Abundance of the Heart the Mouth Speaks.
EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, MY MOUTH SOUNDS A LOT LIKE MY OLD SELF, DOESN'T YOURS? But still there are times when it is definitely representative of myNew Heart. You see, an Unbeliever can never speak Good Things, really and ultimately Good Things. We'll see that in a moment, but a Believer will speak Good Things, although often also Evil Things. That's the difference. But we will be Justified by our Mouth.
WHAT IS THIS SAYING TO YOU? There is no such thing as Proving your Salvation apart from some Objective Observation and Demonstration. The Bible says you're Saved by the Manifestation of Good Works and Good Words; that is, your Salvation is visible, obvious, validated. So don't come to me and say you know someone who is a Christianbut they just don't Show it, because there is NO such thing. We don't show it enough, but we SHOW IT, because we are created unto Good Works. With that Judgment in mind, based on Words, go back to Matthew 12:36.
CONSEQUENTLY, WE HAVE TO GIVE AN ACCOUNT FOR EVERY IDLE WORD THAT WE SPEAK. THIS IS TREMENDOUS ACCOUNTABILITY. If He had said, "For every blasphemous word," then we would only feel accountable for blasphemies. So He says, "Every Idle, Useless Word." It means Useless, Barren, Unproductive, Careless.It isn't just the Worst of our Words, it' allof our Words that are Useless. We are Accountable for All of them.
TAKE THE UNBELIEVER. HOW DOES THIS RELATE TO HIM? He is the main object, because he's speaking here about the Pharisees. What does the Idea of 'IDLE' mean? First of all, it means Useless.WORDS of NO VALUE, BARREN, NO PURPOSE, UNPRODUCTIVE, NO GOOD PRODUCT, INEFFECTIVE IN PROMOTING GOD'S KINGDOM AND GLORY. They may be Words that are Nice, like 'I Love You' to their children or 'I Love You' to their wife, or Words of Kindness & Comfort & Gentleness COMFORT and Gentleness, sometimes Words of Truth & Wisdom, but they are Useless in Promoting the Kingdom of God and Advancing the Name of Christ & Exalting God's Glory; they cannot do that.
AT BEST, THEY ARE HUMANLY GOOD, BUT NOT DIVINELY GOOD.They are Earthly, trapped in the plane of the passing. So they are Useless in the Terms of the advance of the Kingdom, the Exaltation of the Son Of God, or the Glory of God; they are Useless, Purposeless, Ineffective - they do Not Promote those kinds of things. In God's eyes, that which is Good is Good because of the fact that it gives Glory to God; that is True Goodness, and the Unregenerate Man cannot do that.
SO HIS WORDS, AT THE VERY BEST, ARE USELESS. We could even say this verse another way: "I say to you that every useless word you speak." And He's Notsaying 'Every Useless Word.' but ' Every Word you speak is Useless.' Because even at their best, they are useless in terms of Promoting Ultimate Good, Ultimate Glory, and the Kingdom of God. Listen, if men are going to be Judged for their Useless Words, think how much they'll be Judged for their Blasphemous Words. The Unbelieving World- think about the verbiage in our world. It's forever talking, with everyone doing his 25,000-30,000 a day. Everyone is writing his 264 200-page books every year.
EVERYONE IS TALKING, TALKING, TALKING WITH OPINIONS AND OPINIONS. The sum of all of those in terms of actual goodness to the advance of the Kingdom of God, the Exaltation of the Son of God, and the Glory of God is Nil, Nothing. They are all Idle Words, and they'll be Accountablefor the fact that in their Whole Lifetime, they spoke no thing that Advance the Kingdom of God, no thing that gave Glory to Jesus Christ or the Father. There was another thought that came to mind as I was studying this term 'IDLE' and that is that it is sometimes used to Refer to Careless. That is a little different than useless. Careless Wordsseem to me to speak of those words uttered in a Thoughtless way, the Thoughtless Words that kind of just escape. Some of us can protect ourselves because we Calculate our Hypocrisy and Say the Right Thing at the Right Placeand the Right Time. We don't talk here the way we talk at Home, right? We don't talk Herethe way we Talk at Work, or on the Phone when we Gossip, or the way we talk to our Brothers, Sisters, Mom, or Dad about our Teacher, or the Kids at School, or the people we go Camping with, or whatever. In other words, we have sort of a Calculated Hypocrisy, this Holy Talk that we Pull out when we Need it. But then there are those times when we're Careless and Not Careful; we get Angry, we get Upset, Anxious, Fearful, Irritated, Frustrated, and then it comes out- the Careless Words.They really revealwhat is going on inside. In Public, we may appear Noble, whereas in Private, we are Vile. The Real you will be manifest when you Speak in Anger, in Hatred, in Irritation, Insolation with No other Christian Present, and you really let fly what is inside.The Unredeemed Mouth will reveal itself. You know whether what you say that sounds so good is really just Hypocritical Holy Talk or Not because because you know what you talk like the rest of the time.
WHAT COMES OUT OF AN UNREDEEMED MOUTH? What is basic to it? WHAT ARE THE IDLE, CARELESS WORDS FOR WHICH MEN MUST GIVE AN ACCOUNT? The Bible says they are Evil Words, for the Mouth of the Wicked pours out Evil Things. They are Lustful Words, for the lips of an adulterous woman drip honey, and smoother than oil is her speech. They are Deceitful,for the tongue is a deadly arrow which speaks deceit. They are Cursing Words; his mouth is full of curses. They are Oppressive Words; his mouth is full of Oppression, says the Scripture.
THEY ARE LYING WORDS, FOR LYING LIPS ARE AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD. They are Perverse False Words; a wicked man is one who speaks with a False Mouth. They are Destructive Words; by the blessing of the upright a city is exalted, but by the Mouth of the Wicked, it is torn down. They are Vain Words, for speaking out Arrogant Words of Vanity, they entice, said Peter. They are Flattering Words, a Flattering Mouth works Ruin. They are Foolish Words; the mouth of a fool spouts Follly. They are mad words; the lips of a fool consume him, and the end of it is madness.
THEY ARE MULTIPLIED WORDS; THE FOOL MULTIPLIES HIS WORDS. They are False Words; Empty Words; Empty Talkers,teaching for sordid gain. They are Evil Words; the wicked plot against the Righteousand Gnash at him with their teeth. They are Prideful Words; in the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride. They are Hateful Words; they have surrounded me with words of hatred. They are Swearing Words; the Bible says, "Swear not at all." They are Filthy Words; let come out of your mouth. They are Gossipy Words; Gossips & Slanderers like dainty morsels. They go down into the innermost parts of a Body. Those are the Words of an Unredeemed Mouth, and those are the Wordsby which they will be Condemned. There are times when they may speak Kind Words, but those Words cannot ultimately bring any Good, so they are Idle Words. These are the Careless Words,so they are Condemned by that which they Cannot Sayand that which they do say. They are Accountable; you will be Accountable to God & Everyoneof the Things you've Ever Uttered out of your Mouth is still there, somewhere in this universe, and God captures it and it is in the Book.
What About Believers?
Judgment Seat of Christ for Believers
(Scriptures from SO4J.com)
1 Corinthians 3:10-15 "Because of God’s Grace to me, I have laid the Foundation like an Expert Builder. Now others are Building on it. But whoever is Building on this Foundation must be Very Careful. For no one can lay any Foundation other than the one we already have— Jesus Christ. Anyone who Builds on that Foundation may use a Variety of materials— Gold, Silver, Jewels, Wood, Hay, or Straw. But on the Judgment Day, Fire will reveal what kind of Work each Builder has done. The Fire will show if a person’s Work has any Value. IFthe Work Survives, that Builder will receive a Reward. But IF the WORK IS BURNED UP, the Builder will SUFFER GREAT LOSS. The BUILDER WILL BE SAVED, but like someone BARELY ESCAPING THROUGH A WALL OF FLAMES.
- 2 Corinthians 5:10-11 "For we must ALL stand before Christ to be JUDGED. We will each RECEIVE whatever we DESERVE for the GOOD or EVIL we have done in our Bodies. It is because we know this solemn fear of the Lord that we work so hard to persuade others."
Romans 14:10-12 "Remember, each of us will Stand Personally before the JUDGMENT SEAT OF GOD. For the Scriptures say, "As surely as I live," says the Lord, "every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God." Yes, each of us will have to give a personal account to God."
- 1 Corinthians 3:8 "They will be Reward Individually, according to their own HARD WORK."
WHAT ABOUT BELIEVERS? DOES THIS SAY ANYTHING TO US? I think it does, because in:
- Matthew 12:37 it says, "By your WORDS will be JUSTIFIED"
So we know that Believersmust be here somewhere. When it comes time for our Eternal Destinyto be made manifest, God can look at our Wordsand know we are the Redeemedbecause it will be obvious from what we Say and how we Speak. So I believe that if we are in Matthew 12:37, we can certainly learn from Matthew 12:36 that we too are Accountable for what we Say. Though the Day of Judgmentsurely speaks of Eternal Judgmentand Eternal Destiny, there is even, for us, a time of Judgment, a time now of Chastening, and a time of Future Rewards. Though that is not the main thrust of the passage, it certainly does no injustice to the truth to speak of it.
I BELIEVE THAT, AS CHRISTIANS, WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD FOR WHAT WE SAY. IF WE SPEAK EVIL WORDS ALONG WITH THOSE GOOD WORDS THAT OUR NEW HEART PRODUCES, WE ARE GOING TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD FOR THAT AND WE MAY BE CHASTENED IN THE DAY OF THE BEMA JUDGMENT, WE MAY LOSE OUR REWARD. We have to learn to tame our tongues too. There are those GOOD THINGS, those times we Praise and Thank God, those times we Exalt Christ, and Speak Truth and Wisdom, when we utter with the very voice of God, as it were, that prove we are the redeemed. But then there are those times when that bitter water comes out of the same fountain and James says, "These things ought not to be." Paul says, "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt."
WHAT DOES SALT DO? IT PREVENTS CORRUPTION. Our Voice and Speech should Never Contribute to anyone's Corruption; it should always Prevent that. Salt also has a way of Adding Flavor, so our speech should be Charming, Winsome, Should cause LAughter and Joy in the right way at the Expense of No one. Our Speech should be Spiritual, Wholesome, Fitting, Kind, Sensitive, Loving, Purposeful, Edifying, Gentle, Truthful Speech, and we should Pray what the Psalmist Prayed In:
- Psalm 141:3, when he said, "Set a watch, O Lord, before my Mouth; keep the door of my lips."
So, beloved, WHEN YOU SPEAK your 25,000 TODAY,LISTEN TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. WHAT DOES IT TELL YOU? When you WRITE YOUR BOOK OF 50-60 PAGES TODAY, were you to PRINT IT and PASS IT AROUND, what would it sayabout your Heartand who you are? Would it Betray the Fact that you Don't know God, or would it Reveal the Fact that you Do-- andnot only do you, but there isn't even inconsistency - you know God and Walk in Obedience to Him so that you Speech is with Grace, Seasoned with Salt?
LET'S PRAY. "Lord, we Pray that we would speak as You would speak if You were here on earth; we would be Your voice, speak Your words. MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT GUARD OUR LIPS, SET A WATCH OVER THE DOOR OF OUR MOUTH THAT WE MAY SPEAK THE WORDS OF A JUSTIFIED HEART. Lord, we know that the Pharisees spoke evil because they were evil, because a corrupt tree brings forth corrupt fruit. They were thus condemned by their own mouths. We pray, Lord, that if there are some in our midst this morning that are self-condemned by the fact that they can speak no good thing, no thing ultimately good to the advance of Your glorious Kingdom, may this be the day that they come to Christ. May they, in simple faith, open their heart, inviting Jesus Christ to come in. give them a new heart, a clean heart, and let them, out of that new heart, begin to speak the words of a Justified Soul, the Words of a Good Tree, that they might manifest Your presence. Lord, even as Christians, we know that there are times when out of that fountain comes the bitter as well. HELP US TO SEEK THE SPIRIT'S CONTROL OVER OUR SPEECH, THAT WHEN WE OPEN OUR MOUTH IT MIGHT ALWAYS BE THAT WHICH EDIFIES EACH OTHER AND GLORIFIES YOU, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, AMEN." THE END
Five Crowns & Rewards in Heaven - For the Believer's Works - SO4J-TV
For a Complete Study Go To: Five Crowns & Rewards in Heaven
CROWN 3 - CROWN OF LIFE – ENDURED PATIENTLY THRU: TESTINGS & TRIALS (Jam 1:12, Rev 2:10)
CROWN 5 - CROWN OF REJOICING - SOUL WINNER CROWN (1 Thess 2:19, Dan 12:3)
"FACEBOOK & TWITTER - DOES WHAT YOU POST ONLINE MATTER TO JESUS?"
BY MARTHA MAC / SO4J.com / SO4J-TV & Video Productions
GRAPHICS BY MARTHA MAC COPYRIGHT & PROPERTY OF SO4J-TV
""FACEBOOK & TWITTER - DOES WHAT YOU POST ONLINE MATTER TO JESUS?"
MAY BE COPIED WITH THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS—IT MUST BE REPRODUCED IN ITS
ENTIRETY AND MAY NOT BE SOLD OR USED FOR PROFIT IN ANY WAY
THIS ABOVE COPYRIGHT & A LINK TO SO4J.com MUST BE INCLUDED
"EXPOSING THE TRUTH ABOUT MEN'S HEARTS"
Copyright Article By John MacArthur / Grace To You Ministries
ORIGINALLY APPEARED HERE on GTY.org